• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

E Sanders to Niners....

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Trent Taylor had a setback and Hurd is not progressing as hoped. From what I've read Shanahan was not optimistic about getting them back soon. Might be part of the reason to trade for Sanders

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent Taylor will never reach his potential, he can't stay healthy long enough to reach it.

DurbanPoison2121

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent Taylor will never reach his potential, he can't stay healthy long enough to reach it.

I'm afraid that will be the case for both Taylor and Hurd. I hope I'm wrong. But rarely does a player who has had serious back injuries come back and be(come) productive.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should help our offense

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
SF pick 32 in rd 1 for a 2nd and 4th rd pick

Obviously it depends on who's left on the board, but if they think we're only missing a WR, then there aren't any "glaring holes" on this roster?

Tough call to trade down looking at this current team and after considering the trade? If there is solid value i think the one quality player will benefit us more than a 2nd and 4th. The one quality player will fill the "last remaining need" more immediately, vice developing future starters. Granted the 2nd rounder isn't going to take years to develop, but the odds for 2nd rounder drops.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Trent Taylor had a setback and Hurd is not progressing as hoped. From what I've read Shanahan was not optimistic about getting them back soon. Might be part of the reason to trade for Sanders

That, and the fact that the guys who are active have not turned the corner. My guess is that Sanders' addition will limit Goodwin's snap counts. A back injury is a tough one to come back from, so it wouldn't surprise me if Hurd is done for the year, and Taylor has been nothng but an injury waiting to happen. Given that nobody else has really stepped it up (and probably has cost us more than we'll ever know), the trade for ES makes even more sense.

He's not only a very good talent, but a pros pro who can mentor some of these younger guys. They obviously need it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Pettis was the only that didn’t catch potentially catchable balls for the 49ers on Monday night. Kendrick Bourne had a pass bounce through his hands into the arms of Quandre Diggs for an interception as well. However, Pettis’ struggles have been a more consistent theme throughout the season. It’s one of the reasons why the 49ers felt the need to trade for Sanders before the deadline.

Someone was arguing why give up on Pettis so soon, well based on his progress is that surprising? Again, it isn't about him being a "top NFL WR" yet, but his progress is way behind. Haven't given up on him completely, but the NFL doesn't....can't.....wait long.

Again, Shannahan drafted him too high, same as CJ Beathard and Joe Williams.