• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dynasty keeper targets

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I have some free roster spots and I'm looking for some guys to target. Any suggestions?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trudem, check out a similar thread I have. Not for my advice per se, but for some of the suggestions in the replies.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are a few guys in my opinion you should get immediately if available. Some I currently have on my dynasty squad as future sleepers...along with a couple other names to keep an eye on. In no particular order...

Go get right away if still available:
Ace Sanders
Ladarius Green
Zack Ertz
Robert Woods
Marquise Goodwin
Christine Michaels
Marcus Lattimore

On my roster:
Da'Rick Rogers
Justin Hunter
Quinton Patton
Mike Gillislee

Keep an eye on:
Vance McDonald
Travis Kelce
Luke Wilson
Kirk Cousins
Latavius Murray

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are a few guys in my opinion you should get immediately if available. Some I currently have on my dynasty squad as future sleepers...along with a couple other names to keep an eye on. In no particular order...

Go get right away if still available:
Ace Sanders
Ladarius Green
Zack Ertz
Robert Woods
Marquise Goodwin
Christine Michaels
Marcus Lattimore

On my roster:
Da'Rick Rogers
Justin Hunter
Quinton Patton
Mike Gillislee

Keep an eye on:
Vance McDonald
Travis Kelce
Luke Wilson
Kirk Cousins
Latavius Murray

I have Hunter and Ertz on my roster already. I also have Blackmon so im not gonna grab Sanders.

Woods, Green and Lattimore are gone.

I like Michaels but im worried about how long I would have to wait for him to get carries behind both Lynch and Turbin...

Thanks!

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No problem. Da'Rick Rogers is a guy that Indy is talking about playing now...and he may just take Hey Beys spot soon. I have been high on him since the summer and been holding onto him. Read up on his recent news and you will see he is about to get some PT. Id go grab him if you want a potential guy, and he may not be available in a couple weeks.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my roster.

QB: Newton & Tannehill
RBs: Moreno, P. Thomas, Rashad Jennings, Montee Ball, Bernard Pierce & Stepfan Taylor
WRs: Jordy Nelson, Victor Cruz, T. Williams, Blackmon, Justin Hunter, DeAndre Hopkins, Cordarelle Patterson
TE: Julius Thomas, Jermichael Finley & Zach Ertz
Def: Seattle

Outside of Taylor, who do you see as expendable. Pierce is too but im hoping I can trade him when trading opens back up.

Last edited by a moderator:

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my roster.

QB: Newton & Tannehill
RBs: Moreno, P. Thomas, Rashad Jennings, Montee Ball, Bernard Pierce & Stepfan Taylor
WRs: Jordy Nelson, Victor Cruz, T. Williams, Blackmon, Justin Hunter, DeAndre Hopkins, Cordarelle Patterson
TE: Julius Thomas, Jermichael Finley & Zach Ertz
Def: Seattle

Outside of Taylor, who do you see as expendable. Pierce is too but im hoping I can trade him when trading opens back up.

Yeah I would hold onto Peirce he has good dynasty value. Rices days are numbered. id try and trade him to whoever owns Rice.

I guess besides Taylor the only players I would consider dropping would be Tannehill (maybe, just because you have Newton and Tannys arm and accuracy on deep throws is weak) and Finley who may never play again. Having Thomas makes Finley expendable.

That is a pretty good dynasty team. A good amount of future talent.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I would hold onto Peirce he has good dynasty value. Rices days are numbered. id try and trade him to whoever owns Rice.

I guess besides Taylor the only players I would consider dropping would be Tannehill (maybe, just because you have Newton and Tannys arm and accuracy on deep throws is weak) and Finley who may never play again. Having Thomas makes Finley expendable.

That is a pretty good dynasty team. A good amount of future talent.

Well I just picked up Ertz so im probably going to call Finley into my office shortly and tell him to bring his playbook but he is on my IR and not counting a roster spot for now. I also just picked up Tanny but will probably drop him...I am wanting one more RB. Taylor is just a guy im taking a flier on...

Also my league isnt a true dynasty...we cant keep players draft in the top 3 rounds, so no one owns Rice right now.

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also my league isnt a true dynasty...we cant keep players draft in the top 3 rounds, so no one owns Rice right now.

Gotcha. Im telling you man go grab Rogers just to see how he does this week. He doesnt fare well you can just drop him next week if you want. Definitely worth a one week flier imo

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dropped Tannehill for him

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff man I hope it works out for you...or rather, us. lol

Me too.

I would still like one more RB with potential. Thats the only reason I picked up Taylor. i like both Taylor and Michaels but I think Taylor sees the field before Michaels.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Michaels but im worried about how long I would have to wait for him to get carries behind both Lynch and Turbin...

Pure speculation on my par, but I'm guessing the only reason Turbin is/was ahead of Michaels on the depth chart is because of Turbin's familiarity with 3rd-down blitz protection. Turbin in his career has had his chances to shine and hasn't. Wouldn't surprise me to see Michaels leapfrog over Turbin in 2014 IMO.

Another guy who was hot for about a week then cooled off is Khiry Robinson. I tend to shy away from RBBC, especially the likes of the Saints. But Sproles is declining, Ingram is utterly disappointing, and Thomas (who I like, and does run hard) will be 29 in a month. And the closer you are to 30, well, let's just say that RB usage doesn't usually increase.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already have Thomas though. I dont want two RBs in that awful RBBC situation.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd look at the JAX situation. Todman is interesting.

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Gillislee is another name. He is behind Miller but for how long? And he was a 4th or 5th round draft choice. Id rather take the guy drafted at a decent position than a guy who made the team as a undrafted fa (Khiry). Not saying the undrafted fa cant be good...but its just my line of thinking. Miller is banged up a bit and Gillislee is his only backup with upside (thigpen isnt anything of worth). Just another flier guy...but I have stashed Gillislee all season as well.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jags will likely bring MJD back...assuming the money is right

Miami has the unnatural need to give Daniel Thomas the ball...

obibyn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jags will likely bring MJD back...assuming the money is right

Miami has the unnatural need to give Daniel Thomas the ball...

Yeah but he is injured and may be done for the year. Its all about opportunity. Gillislee is getting his now. He even had a goaline carry against the jets and was very close to scoring

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you like Gilly more than Taylor?