• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

dwight upset they reissued his magic jersey

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams / owners decide if a players number gets retired or not. There are plenty of ringless players who's numbers have been retired.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris, acquired by Orlando last season in a trade with the Milwaukee Bucks, wears No. 12 as a tribute to a close friend who died from leukemia as a teenager, according to the Sentinel.

It is unclear whether Howard knows why Harris wears the number. The Sentinel said Howard likely didn't know when he made the comment during the interview, which took place Tuesday.

Dwight Howard of Houston Rockets 'upset' that Tobias Harris of Orlando Magic wears No. 12 jersey - ESPN

Howard's going to need both feet for that huge ass mouth.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had he won a title in Orlando, then maybe. But....my.god.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams / owners decide if a players number gets retired or not. There are plenty of ringless players who's numbers have been retired.

Yeah, but those players who get their jerseys retired don't usually fuck over there teams like Dwight did and don't piss off everyone on their way out. It's also usually done when said player retires as well.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but those players who get their jerseys retired don't usually fuck over there teams like Dwight did and don't piss off everyone on their way out. It's also usually done when said player retires as well.
I understand and don't believe Orlando should.

Shaq didn't leave LA in the most fashionable way but they knew what he brought to the franchise and did the right thing by retiring his.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you guys laugh at Lakers fans when we said we wanted him gone from the second the season ended. He'll never stop; it's his MO.

we laughed because 8 months earlier we got to hear from laker fans how they were now winning a title because they signed a 40 year old pg and traded away the #2 center in the league for the #1 center in the league fresh off of back surgery.

we knew he was a douche. we were laughing at you because you just figured it out.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we laughed because 8 months earlier we got to hear from laker fans how they were now winning a title because they signed a 40 year old pg and traded away the #2 center in the league for the #1 center in the league fresh off of back surgery.

we knew he was a douche. we were laughing at you because you just figured it out.

Love the revisionist history. Lakers fans knew what happened in Orlando, the Lakers traded for him and Lakers fans hoped he'd grow up. He didn't and he's gone.

And how'd the "#2 center in the league" work out for the Sixers?

Has he played yet?:lol:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the revisionist history. Lakers fans knew what happened in Orlando, the Lakers traded for him and Lakers fans hoped he'd grow up. He didn't and he's gone.

And how'd the "#2 center in the league" work out for the Sixers?

Has he played yet?:lol:

Depends, does bowling count? :lol:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the revisionist history. Lakers fans knew what happened in Orlando, the Lakers traded for him and Lakers fans hoped he'd grow up.
He didn't and he's gone.
You say this like the Lakers chose to not have him around.
Errrr...you got it backwards. HE chose to leave. Not the other way around.
And how'd the "#2 center in the league" work out for the Sixers?[/QUOTE]

About how like most people who follow the nba thought it would.
Laker fans were the ones saying he was a franchise center.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't and he's gone. And how'd the "#2 center in the league" work out for the Sixers?

Laker fans were the ones saying he was a franchise center.[/QUOTE]

Where does he get this stuff...?:noidea:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Laker fans were the ones saying he was a franchise center.

Where does he get this stuff...?:noidea:[/QUOTE]

I get it from my memory.
You just like to disagree for the sake of disagreeing.

Many Laker fans pointed to Bynums missed games as the reason for the Lakers failures.
Then, those same people said they were perfectly content sticking with Bynum once Howard originally was looking to go elsewhere.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does he get this stuff...?:noidea:

I get it from my memory.
You just like to disagree for the sake of disagreeing.

Full a shit...:lol:

DO start naming names, oh flawless of memories...

Many Laker fans pointed to Bynums missed games as the reason for the Lakers failures.
Then, those same people said they were perfectly content sticking with Bynum once Howard originally was looking to go elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Really? If MY memory serves most were glad to get rid of Bynum for his attitude AND his bum knees...

Lol you're gonna have to do better than that...

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Many Laker fans pointed to Bynums missed games as the reason for the Lakers
failures.

What? The Lakers won titles when Bynum missed games. I don't remember any Lakers fans blaming failures on Bynum missing games. I don't think he missed any games in his last season in LA, except for a handful at the beginning due to a suspension.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? The Lakers won titles when Bynum missed games. I don't remember any Lakers fans blaming failures on Bynum missing games. I don't think he missed any games in his last season in LA, except for a handful at the beginning due to a suspension.

I was talking the season after the title when the Lakers lost to the Mavs in round 1. 2010-11

I believe he missed closer to around 20 games that season, which probably cost the Lakers the 1 seed.

I remember many a conversation on CBS when Laker fans ( and rightfully so) felt the Lakers had the 2nd best center in the league if he could remain healthy.

Those same fans felt that he would be the franchise center heading into the future, and many a time said he was near equal value for Howard in a trade, or they were perfectly content with him staying if Howard would have made his way to the Nets.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No point in conversing with turnip. He just makes shit up as he goes along.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking the season after the title when the Lakers lost to the Mavs in round 1. 2010-11

I believe he missed closer to around 20 games that season, which probably cost the Lakers the 1 seed

And Lakers fans weren't blaming that on Bynum missing games. Not sure where you came up with that.

I remember many a conversation on CBS when Laker fans ( and rightfully so) felt the Lakers had the 2nd best center in the league if he could remain healthy.

Those same fans felt that he would be the franchise center heading into the future, and many a time said he was near equal value for Howard in a trade, or they were perfectly content with him staying if Howard would have made his way to the Nets.

And what's the problem here?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he missed closer to around 20 games that season, which probably cost
the Lakers the 1 seed.

They were 17-7 prior to Bynum's first game that season. 40-18 the rest of the season. Not so sure that cost them the #1 seed. 10-11 playoff failures had more to do with Kobe's bum knee than not having the #1 seed.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Lakers fans weren't blaming that on Bynum missing games. Not sure where you came up with that.

Sure they were, and rightfully so. If you are missing your 7 ft center, it effects your team.

And what's the problem here?[/QUOT

The only problem is, as usual, CL talking out of his ass.
I agreed with the Laker fan mindset, except my belief was more on the side of thinking he wouldn't stay healthy.
He is implying that Laker fans didn't believe in him, long before Howard was even in the equation.

Funnier yet, CL was a Bynum defender, even during his thug, cheap shot nonsensical stuff.