• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

dwight upset they reissued his magic jersey

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was also one of those people who thought Bynum was better than Dwight (offensively). I remember getting into it with QID over it but does it really even matter? We all knew Dwight was a cancer and we all knew Bynum was an injury prone headcase, let's call it about even? Lol.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure they were, and rightfully so. If you are missing your 7 ft center, it effects your team.

That wasn't the case. Quit making things up. I showed the records with/without Bynum.

Gasol and Odom were far more important to the Lakers success than Bynum. That's who was on the floor when things mattered.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't the case. Quit making things up. I showed the records with/without Bynum.

Gasol and Odom were far more important to the Lakers success than Bynum. That's who was on the floor when things mattered.

They had a good record because they had a championship quality roster.
That certainly doesn't mean they wouldn't have had a better roster or a better record had Bynum been healthy.

You're argument defies logic. The Heat this season could still have a very good record if one of the big 3 was out for an extended time.

They would have a better record though if all 3 were healthy and played all season.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That certainly doesn't mean they wouldn't have had a better roster or a better record had Bynum been healthy.

You're argument defies logic. The Heat this season could still have a very good record if one of the big 3 was out for an extended time.

They would have a better record though if all 3 were healthy and played all season.

Yeah but you never say "if Bost/Wade/LeBron can stay healthy" before any season like we were saying with Bynum. Looking back it was a miracle he played as many games for us as he did, he must have been focused because we've all seen him unfocused in Philly.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but you never say "if Bost/Wade/LeBron can stay healthy" before any season like we were saying with Bynum. Looking back it was a miracle he played as many games for us as he did, he must have been focused because we've all seen him unfocused in Philly.

I agree with that, but it is a totally different discussion and in hindsight.

Back then, many Laker fans felt the injuries were more freakish then a probable continuing problem and were very satisfied with the thought of keeping him moving forward.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Lakers fans weren't blaming that on Bynum missing games. Not sure where you came up with that.

Sure they were, and rightfully so. If you are missing your 7 ft center, it effects your team.

And what's the problem here?[/QUOT

The only problem is, as usual, CL talking out of his ass.

HILARIUOS...:laugh3:

I agreed with the Laker fan mindset, except my belief was more on the side of thinking he wouldn't stay healthy.
He is implying that Laker fans didn't believe in him, long before Howard was even in the equation.

Funnier yet, CL was a Bynum defender, even during his thug, cheap shot nonsensical stuff.

and NOW you're making shit up...AGAIN. DO pull up your PROOF...oh wait, none EXISTS. like every OTHER item you've ever made up about me...

LMAO! Turnip, you're a LYING sack of shit...:lol:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that, but it is a totally different discussion and in hindsight.

Back then, many Laker fans felt the injuries were more freakish then a probable continuing problem and were very satisfied with the thought of keeping him moving forward.

I disagree, Lakers fans were cautiously optimistic and some were even pessimistic about Bynum. Bynum was only healthy for a full season his second year in the league, and as Rule pointed out, we had postseason success without Bynum.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, Lakers fans were cautiously optimistic and some were even pessimistic about Bynum. Bynum was only healthy for a full season his second year in the league, and as Rule pointed out, we had postseason success without Bynum.

i'd say THIS comes much closer to describing how most Lakers fans felt about the whole situation...

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How does my argument defy logic when their winning percentages were practically the same with or without Bynum? The Lakers win percentage was actually slightly lower once Bynum came back. You would think their win percentage would be much higher. As I said, Gasol and Odom were much more important to the Lakers success and were the one playing when things mattered, not Bynum.

Back to what you originally said which was that Lakers fans blamed 2010/2011 failures on Bynum's injuries. That wasn't the case.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

and NOW you're making shit up...AGAIN. DO pull up your PROOF...oh wait, none EXISTS. like every OTHER item you've ever made up about me...

LMAO! Turnip, you're a LYING sack of shit...:lol:

It's all back on CBS.
As far as lies?
You made the same accusations about not predicting the Lakers to not beat the Spurs, not visiting my page, not understanding the preseason power rankings , Etc, etcetera,.

Even with the evidence put directly in front if your eyes, you continue to deny or spin it into something totally unrelated.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all back on CBS.
As far as lies?
You made the same accusations about not predicting the Lakers to not beat the Spurs, not visiting my page, not understanding the preseason power rankings , Etc, etcetera,.

and you STILL can't back ANY of this up. HILARIOUS...!:lol:

Even with the evidence put directly in front if your eyes, you continue to deny or spin it into something totally unrelated.

oh you mean like EVIDENCE you lost a bet(i.e.., those power rankings you STILL keep bringing up, but were CLEARLY wrong about), or used more than 1 i.d.? THAT kind of visual evidence? not to mention that you weren't MAN enough to pay up on your bet? nice job, you psychotic little whack job...

like i said, you're LYING once again. DO keep up the good work though. tap-dancing suits you...:laugh3:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
denial and spins are YOUR job, Turnip. it's how you "survive" around here...

try living on the straight and narrow, little man. maybe you can hold your head up one day...:clap:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

those power rankings you STILL keep bringing up, but were CLEARLY wrong about),

Here is what we learned from your post.

You at least now just dismiss vs deny that you picked the Lakers and you visited my page because your hard head must have finally realized that denying what is right in front of others actual eyes must be the truth.:clap:

As far as your preseason prediction fail that you thought were actual power rankings:L, you still want to play twister.

Thing about is it that the article was complimentary to the Heat. So, other then your lack of comprehension about what it was, there was absolutely zero reasons to post it!:noidea: :yahoo::omg:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

Here is what we learned from your post.

You at least now just dismiss vs deny that you picked the Lakers and you visited my page because your hard head must have finally realized that denying what is right in front of others actual eyes must be the truth.:clap:

Snooze mode. Know why? That was simple knit picking on YOUR part. I never realistically picked the Lakers to beat the Spurs. But I wasn't going to pick against my team vs. Anybody. Lol DEAL with it. You can keep on flapping your gums about it, though...

As far as ME visiting your page why would I? You're pure scum, Turnip. That'd be the difference between me and you. I didn't have this ChiefsLakets67 handle when we got to this site...a fact which you WELL KNOW. But once again you wanted to deflect from your dirty work of coming to MY page. And when asked you came up with some BULLSHIT about learning how to navigate this site. Lmao not buying now Or back then. You were following me around Trying to dig up dirt. And don't bother lying about it because you Still follow people around here...

You used here's handle. What would make ANYBODY believe you didn't take mine, too...?:lol:

As far as your preseason prediction fail that you thought were actual power rankings:L, you still want to play twister

Weren't real rankings, proved it, you welched. Keep lying, little man...

Thing about is it that the article was complimentary to the Heat. So, other then your lack of comprehension about what it was, there was absolutely zero reasons to post it!:noidea: :yahoo::omg:

seems I read it fine. Some dickheaded simpleton with a personal Axe to grind leapt to his own idiotic conclusion and for reasons only justifiable in his own psychotic bean wants to not only stick with it, but seems to somehow think repeating this crap over and over will make anyone believe it. Sorry, Turnip. YOUR wrongdoings are evident. DO keep trying, though...

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd say THIS comes much closer to describing how most Lakers fans felt about the whole situation...

count me in on that sentiment

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does my argument defy logic when their winning percentages were practically the same with or without Bynum? The Lakers win percentage was actually slightly lower once Bynum came back. You would think their win percentage would be much higher. As I said, Gasol and Odom were much more important to the Lakers success and were the one playing when things mattered, not Bynum.

Back to what you originally said which was that Lakers fans blamed 2010/2011 failures on Bynum's injuries. That wasn't the case.

Exactly!! There is no question that Bynum showed promise and at least the first injury seemed "flukeish". However, somewhere along the way his brain fell out of his head. Don't know if it was the injuries, him just finally showing his true colors or a combination of things, but by the time he was traded away, most Lakers fans were glad to see him go.

As far as the Lakers record without him. It would make sense that the Lakers wouldn't suffer much, if any, drop off with him out of the lineup. They simply moved Gasol to center and had Odom play the 4. Essentially, they replaced a top flight center with another top flight center and added a 4 that was more versatile.

Last edited by a moderator:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What, no response Turnip? I guess my logic wasn't so horrible.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What, no response Turnip? I guess my logic wasn't so horrible.

Canes game >arguing with any of you.

Anyway, as far as the logic thing. No. I still disagree with you.
As far as the w/l thing, the Lakers had a championship roster that was comprised of some other quality bigs.
The NBA the last several years has been weakest at the C position, so it isn't out far fetched to think they couldn't win a stretch of regular season games without him.

Was that stretch of games against good teams, bad teams, mostly home games?

Bottom line and thing that really should end the conversation is, that as soon as Bynum could play again, he did.

If they were that good, or better without him, then why not leave him on the bench?