• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dwayne Bacon = Jamal Crawford...

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least that's what I see, but he may have more upside. He's the same height and length as Crawford, but a bit more of a solid build. Bacon's jump crossover looks every bit as impressive as Crawford's and he looks very fluid and nimble taking the ball to the basket. He also has that born with moxie thing, which I like in an instant offense 6th man type.
Right now Bacon is holding steady in mocks at 24th or so. I'd like to see The Hawks figure out a way to land him without using the 19th pick. He might have a long career as the 3rd scorer good defense SG.

Thoughts ?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least that's what I see, but he may have more upside. He's the same height and length as Crawford, but a bit more of a solid build. Bacon's jump crossover looks every bit as impressive as Crawford's and he looks very fluid and nimble taking the ball to the basket. He also has that born with moxie thing, which I like in an instant offense 6th man type.
Right now Bacon is holding steady in mocks at 24th or so. I'd like to see The Hawks figure out a way to land him without using the 19th pick. He might have a long career as the 3rd scorer good defense SG.

Thoughts ?
If Bacon is Crawford with defense, he will be an all star starter, not a 6th man.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bacon is Crawford with defense, he will be an all star starter, not a 6th man.

I think Crawford's devil may care attitude has something to do with his being a career 6th man, Bacon seems to have some of that individual moxie in him. It might be why Jamal has always been so streaky, when he's on he's fucking ON, when he's not he's out to lunch.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Crawford's devil may care attitude has something to do with his being a career 6th man, Bacon seems to have some of that individual moxie in him. It might be why Jamal has always been so streaky, when he's on he's fucking ON, when he's not he's out to lunch.
Yeah, I agree. However he was a career 6th man because his defense is shit and his offense is streaky. Good teams will start a shitty offensive SG if he can D up because at least the defense can counter balance 1 of 2 positions (2/3) that has several dangerous scorers and league superstars. See tony Allen, Ronnie brewer, etc. Good teams rarely start a streaky scorer with crappy defense to boot because at his best, the streaky scorer might score at the pace of the opposing superstar scorer. If Bacon can play quality defense, he will be a starter and not a 6th man. Especially if he gets on a team with a quality PG that can take the ball out of his hands when he's off.

BallsOfFurry

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I agree. However he was a career 6th man because his defense is shit and his offense is streaky. Good teams will start a shitty offensive SG if he can D up because at least the defense can counter balance 1 of 2 positions (2/3) that has several dangerous scorers and league superstars. See tony Allen, Ronnie brewer, etc. Good teams rarely start a streaky scorer with crappy defense to boot because at his best, the streaky scorer might score at the pace of the opposing superstar scorer. If Bacon can play quality defense, he will be a starter and not a 6th man. Especially if he gets on a team with a quality PG that can take the ball out of his hands when he's off.

Good points.
No doubt if Jamal came to work every game on offense and played reasonably good defense, he'd be among the best. Have you seen Bacon's crossover ? it's lightening quick, a clone of Crawford's.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts ?

I like bacon. Crisp it up a little bit. Oh fuck yeah.