• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DWade to opt out, restructure contract

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he wouldn't do this unless he had word from lebron that he lebron was staying.... in my opinion

this is huge. in every way imaginable

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!

That man is all about winning.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he wouldn't do this unless he had word from lebron that he lebron was staying.... in my opinion

this is huge. in every way imaginable

without a doubt. no way he goes from 20 million to 13 without word from LeBron that he is staying. If Bosh does something similar and LeBron just takes a mild paycut we would have TONS of cap room. The guy I want most is Kyle Lowry. Need consistency out of the PG.. he would bring it.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
without a doubt. no way he goes from 20 million to 13 without word from LeBron that he is staying. If Bosh does something similar and LeBron just takes a mild paycut we would have TONS of cap room. The guy I want most is Kyle Lowry. Need consistency out of the PG.. he would bring it.

I think what we need most is a guy who can play on the wing. If wade is going to need a reduced role we need to find a way to replace his production and defense, i don't know if lowry can guard most 2's.

I still think Ariza is the guy we need.

I still wouldn't complain about Lowry though, he is a great all around player.

Also, lovin this news because I have been going on and on about how dwade should take a 4 year 50-52 million dollar deal. Nailed it! :suds:

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what we need most is a guy who can play on the wing. If wade is going to need a reduced role we need to find a way to replace his production and defense, i don't know if lowry can guard most 2's.

I still think Ariza is the guy we need.

I still wouldn't complain about Lowry though, he is a great all around player.

Also, lovin this news because I have been going on and on about how dwade should take a 4 year 50-52 million dollar deal. Nailed it! :suds:

My three options of what I would like to see are:

something like ariza and collison. We would have be quickest, most athletic, best small ball lineup we've ever had with ariza, bron, wade, collison and bosh.

ariza and a stretch four like Patrick Patterson. This allows bosh to go back to his midrange/post/rebound game. would give us even more versatility with matching up on D.

Ariza and a Center (gasol, hill or gortat, maybe a stretch). Bosh continues his evolution to a stretch 4. Great wing versatility. Great big ball line up. Gasol, Bosh, Bron, Ariza, Wade.

just some thoughts.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gasol would be real nice in Miami, real nice

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is true this is incredible news!!!

I'd like Gasol too. We need a big man that is versatile, can pass, and can hit the mid range as well.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well its offical. Carmelo is opting out of his contract and going FA. Miami has quite a few options with Ariza, Gasol, and Carmelo. If Riley manages to keep Lebron, Wade, and Bosh and then signs all of the former, all I can say is wow! The Heat would then be the favorite to take the east and to return to the Finals. I have been telling you guys, Riley has a template and he is now implementing it with getting Wade to restructure. Stay tuned. I think you guys will like the 2014-2015 version of the Heat.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats exactly what Diva Wade needs to do - Opt out, restructure his contract and take a lesser role

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Riley I trust. I was a fan when he showed up. We were first round fodder at best back then. Making trades like Steve Smith (young Steve Smith) for old Kevin Willis. Head scratching decisions. Since Riley has showed up we have been a completely different franchise. Had Mourning not suffered that kidney disease we may have another banner hanging from the rafters. Although, I still don't know if we would have beaten early 2000s lakers.. but you never know.

Wade takes less. Bosh likely too. Maybe LeBron even takes a paycut. Let Chalmers and his 4 million walk. I think we are going to have a real nice squad 2014-2015.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news for the Heat. Exactly what Wade needed to do. I doubt Wade is gonna leave any money on the table tho. He'll probably make it all up plus a little more in the last 2 years of the deal.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My three options of what I would like to see are:

something like ariza and collison. We would have be quickest, most athletic, best small ball lineup we've ever had with ariza, bron, wade, collison and bosh.

ariza and a stretch four like Patrick Patterson. This allows bosh to go back to his midrange/post/rebound game. would give us even more versatility with matching up on D.

Ariza and a Center (gasol, hill or gortat, maybe a stretch). Bosh continues his evolution to a stretch 4. Great wing versatility. Great big ball line up. Gasol, Bosh, Bron, Ariza, Wade.

just some thoughts.

Wade is done! He isn't athletic any more. He was no where to be found. Give him the mid-level exemption (or whatever it's called) and have him come off the bench. This team needs a center! The Spurs aren't going anywhere. The Bulls aren't a push over. They get healthy and add Melo...wow. They play damn good D. If the Pacers (It's a Big if.) can stop being bi-polar they're a top 4 team in the league.

LeBron needs his minutes greatly reduced. 4 straight finals and all the Olympic basketball has really taken a toll on him and the others. I also wonder if he could lose some weight. Trim down some of that muscle....say 10-15 pounds. That will help with quickness and speed.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wade is done! He isn't athletic any more. He was no where to be found. Give him the mid-level exemption (or whatever it's called) and have him come off the bench. This team needs a center! The Spurs aren't going anywhere. The Bulls aren't a push over. They get healthy and add Melo...wow. They play damn good D. If the Pacers (It's a Big if.) can stop being bi-polar they're a top 4 team in the league.

LeBron needs his minutes greatly reduced. 4 straight finals and all the Olympic basketball has really taken a toll on him and the others. I also wonder if he could lose some weight. Trim down some of that muscle....say 10-15 pounds. That will help with quickness and speed.

images.jpeg

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I want to see from Wade (and what he should have done earlier in his career) is develop a three point shot

He needs to find a way to reinvent himself. I'm fully confident that he can. Fall down 7 times, stand up 8.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I want to see from Wade (and what he should have done earlier in his career) is develop a three point shot

He needs to find a way to reinvent himself. I'm fully confident that he can. Fall down 7 times, stand up 8.

I agree wade needs a 3pt shot. His lack of range is why bosh sits at the three point line. To maximize his own efficiency and LeBron's and the TEAMS efficiency wade needs to be a 35% 3pt shooter on 2-3 attempts a night. It would give the team a new dynamic.

I also think if you can cut his minutes to high twenties we would see a fresh, rejuvenated wade. He'll never be the athlete he used to be, but don't underestimate the impact of fresh legs. Plus, next year he'll finally be a full year removed from any serious injuries.

This is also why I think ariza needs to be priority number 1. Ariza can suck up a lot of Bron and Dwade's minutes. If wade plays 28 a night and lebron plays 38 that slates ariza at about 30-35 minutes a night depending on how much small ball is played and who else we have off the bench at SG.

Then you have to find a smaller salary guy, whether it be a lower impact guy or someone willing to sacrifice to win (Im looking at you Pau....). Pau seems like he would like playing for LeBron, I feel like LeBron's personality co-exists better with Pau than Kobe's does.

I want nothing to do with Melo. For many reasons.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is awesome news. Now bring in gortat and a pg.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This is awesome news. Now bring in gortat and a pg.
We can't afford Gortat unless he wants to take a South Beach discount. Also, not sure how true this rumor truly is. Will be interesting to see who we get...

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't need Gortat. We just need a center who can rebound and score garbage buckets. Just a big body who isn't bad