• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dville's 4th annual CFB preview thread

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me help with the Big XII
  1. Oklahoma - Repeat no problem.
  2. Texas - Lots of hope and change like the last 6 years.
  3. Kansas State - Snyders last year, blah, blah, blah.
  4. Oklahoma State - have high hopes just like every year.
  5. TCU - Kenny Thrill, whatever choke choke.
  6. West Virginia - Some SEC reject QB transfer, might do great things bullshit.
  7. Texas Tech, Kansas, Iowa State, Baylor fight it out for the basement.

Did I forget anything.
Hope that helps.
Why the Big 12 will be much improved in 2017

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reread number 7

Hey, if he can't bother to include the numbers 8, 9 & 10, then I gots nuttin to read.

errrrrr.
I meant to say oops. :doh:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, if he can't bother to include the numbers 8, 9 & 10, then I gots nuttin to read.

errrrrr.
He forgot what comes after 7 and just put the rest together.

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

errrrrr.
Actually, it should be 7,8,9, & 10. #6 should be lumped in the the rest of #7 because, if the best WVU has is a SEC reject QB, them boys are in serious fucking trouble.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, it should be 7,8,9, & 10. #6 should be lumped in the the rest of #7 because, if the best WVU has is a SEC reject QB, them boys are in serious fucking trouble.
LSU and Florida were using Purdue reject QBs last year.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like changing seasons-leafs changing color, first cold front, Moore, OK getting hit by tornadoes, etc.- it's time for @Dolgevillefootballfan preview of the coming season!

Read it every year!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So
This is actually a "teaser" thread and not a "preview thread".

Man
I feel violated and abused which puts this thread in the "advanced troll" category.

Impressive @Dolgevillefootballfan
I was all ready to "get on with it".

We'll throw "The List" at it when the time comes. :D

Actually, you're only half right. Like I said earlier, the "Group of 5" Conferences (and the independents) will be previewed in this thread, and THEN it's separate threads for the major conferences. It's how I did it last year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU and Florida were using Purdue reject QBs last year.
Better Purdue reject QBs than SEC reject QBs. That SEC reject QB had better be able to score because you can score 63 pts. in the B12 and still get beat.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week of July 3rd: ACC (Are we FINALLY going to see Florida State vs. Miami in the title game?)

Please don't tell me you're really feeding into this horseshit. You're better than that.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Army West Point

The first preview segment of the 2017 season: The Army Black Knights

Last season: Surprise! In honor of Memorial Day weekend, I'm letting Army go first for the 2nd time in 3 years.
And last year was maybe the best Army's ever had since 1996: They finished 8-5, won a bowl game, and beat teams like Temple and Wake Forest... and oh yeah, the Navy!

Good news: Most of that team is back, including QB Ahmad Bradshaw, most of it's O-line, and two excellent rushers in Andy Davidson and Jordan Asberry. On defense, 7 starters return...

Bad news: ...but the linebacker position may take a hit with two 3-year starters gone. But to me, Army's special teams are the big worry; it was awful last year and needs a lot of work.

Key games:
9/9 vs. Buffalo (With a trip to Ohio State right afterwards, Army had better not lose to the Bulls... like they did last year.)
11/4 @ Air Force (Easily the biggest game for the Black Knights this year. If they want the program to take the next step, they have to take back the Commander-in-Chief Trophy.)
11/18 @ North Texas (UNT defeated Army 35-18 in West Point, then Army got their revenge in that Heart of Dallas Bowl 38-31. Now it's time for the rubber match!)
12/9 vs. Navy [in Philadelphia] (Did you know that last year's Army-Navy game got it's highest TV rating in 24 years? I think Army snapping a 15-year losing streak to Navy had something to do with it.)

Bottom line: Most of the offense is back, so I see Army reaching 7 wins at the very least. However, if they wanna win against Air Force and Navy, they better fix those special teams and quick.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ZekMe5U.jpg

jhPyV3q.jpg

MZmxW6o.jpg

r3ckf2L.jpg

5yASqEt.jpg

TvyhywL.jpg
UW-Final-thumb-500x281-60159-thumb-500x281-60160.jpg
tenor.gif

:dhd:

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowling Green

The first preview segment in the Mid-American Conference: The Bowling Green Falcons

Last season: A terrible 4-8. But, they DO enter 2017 on a 3-game winning streak.

Good news: Wide-receiver is the strongest position on the squad, with Scott Miller the one to watch. The secondary has great depth on defense...

Bad news: ...but the run defense needs to show big improvements. The O-line is also a work-in-progress.

2017 X-factor: QB James Morgan- As a freshmen, Morgan threw for over 2,000 yards while going through a "baptism of fire". Now as a sophomore, we'll see how he does in his 2nd year in Mike Jinks's system.

Key games:
9/2 @ Michigan State (Another hard non-conference slate awaits the Falcons, beginning with this trip to East Lansing [and later to Northwestern and Middle Tennessee].)
10/7 @ Miami-Ohio (The good news is, the Falcons's MAC slate is a LOT easier than last year's. Excluding this all-important trip to Oxford, of course.)
10/14 vs. Ohio (Thing is, if the Falcons manage to beat both the Redhawks and the Bobcats, they'll be in firm control of the East division by Halloween.)
11/15 vs. Toledo (Despite their struggles, the Falcons gave Toledo a big fight before losing 42-35.)

Bottom line: I think you get the point; after that awful 2016 campaign, the Falcons are looking to turn the corner. If they get tougher on defense, they'll have a shot at returning to a bowl game, but the MAC East looks out of reach for right now.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Western Michigan

Preview segment: The Western Michigan Broncos

Last season: You know what? I believe fully in the power of the "Row the Boat" philosophy. It basically means that no matter how badly things may get, no matter how scary it can be to get up when you're knocked down, if you keep your head up and don't lose hope you WILL get through these hard times and achieve success.

...Too bad that the man behind "Row the Boat" is now in Minnesota after taking Western Michigan to the f---ing Cotton Bowl on the heels of a 13-1 season.

Bad news: It's not just P.J. Fleck who's gone; Corey Davis (now with the NFL Titans), starting QB Zach Terrell, and even most of WMU's coaching staff also left Kalamazoo. The kicking game also had a defection, as solid kicker Butch Hampton is gone.

Good news: But strangely, the defense survived the transition mostly unscathed. So expect that unit (especially the linebackers) to keep WMU in games. RB Jarvion Franklin is also back to help the offense anyway he can.

X-factor for the next few years: Coach Tim Lester- Let's be honest: Western Michigan may never finish in the Top 15 of the rankings.. ever again. So I think the fans in Kalamazoo will give the new coach a lot of leeway while he rebuilds the roster.

Key games:
9/16 vs. Idaho (After road games at USC and Michigan State, WMU will be more than happy to go home to face Idaho. Or maybe not; Idaho looks to be good again this year.)
10/21 @ Eastern Michigan (See, Western Michigan? Thanks to "Row the Boat", now Eastern Michigan thinks they're gonna win the MAC. It'll be up to your passing game to shut them up.)
11/1 vs. Central Michigan (On this Wednesday night game, we'll have the 89th installment of this in-state rivalry.)
11/24 @ Toledo (Last year, the Broncos ran over Toledo to reach the MAC title game. This year, WMU can play the spoiler against the preseason MAC favorite.)

Bottom line: With so many pieces from 2016 now long gone, and with the passing game looking green as hell, the Broncos will be stuck just fighting for a bowl berth in 2017. It'll all depend on the team staying together to "Row the Boat".

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kent State

Preview segment: The Kent State Golden Flashes

Last season: Another rough year as Kent went 3-9. Can you believe that these guys were 1 win away from a BCS berth 5 years ago?

Good news: The defense has a good front 4, and QB Nick Hollry can make plays...

Bad news: ...if he can get some help from his skill players; the WR position is weak. The secondary is lacking depth as well.

Key games:
9/30 vs. Buffalo (After dealing with Clemson, Marshall, and Louisville over the first 4 weeks, hosting the young Bulls will be a welcome sight for Kent State.)
10/31 vs. Bowling Green (This edition of the "Battle For the Annivesiry Award" will take place on Halloween.)
11/14 vs. Central Michigan (Kent DID beat CMU last year 27-24.)
11/21 @ Akron (I think retaking the Wagon Wheel from the Zips is the fans's biggest hope for 2017.)

Bottom line: Coach Paul Haynes is only 12-35 as coach of the Golden Flashes, and this year is his last chance. If the offense doesn't show mass improvement, Kent will finish last in the MAC East and send Paul packing.