• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dusty in the wind

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(Or the updated version of: Baker passes gas.)

Nothing like managing from the 1990s, I always say. "Stuck with people ..." who exactly DID sign Manny fucking Parra in the first place, Walt?
Honestly, this is the dumbest fucking philosophy in baseball history. In the off-chance we could win the game, we won't because ... well, that's kind of by the wayside.

Reds won't use Aroldis Chapman in the eighth
-- CBSSports.com
Reds manager Dusty Baker told reporters Friday he doesn't plan to use closer Aroldis Chapman in the eighth inning. The Reds currently have two set-up men -- Jonathan Broxton and Sean Marshall -- dealing with injuries.

"I'm not going to use Chapman in the eighth," Baker told The Cincinnati Enquirer. "It's too early. Something happens to Chapman, you're stuck with the people everybody wants you to stay away from. The days of the eighth-, ninth-inning closers ... That's kind of is by the wayside."

Chapman struck out two and pitched a perfect ninth inning in Friday's extra-inning game against the Brewers.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plain and simple: DUSTMOP "The Idiot" does not put his players and team in the best position to win.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't buy this bullpen burnout crap that seems to be so damned popular among the scribes. A guy comes into the game, pitches to one hitter after warming up once ... he should be able to pitch again tomorrow. If not, we need a new kind of drug.

A 12-man pitching staff should not be worn out after a series of close games.

I will say that Partch should get a day off but he should be ready today. If not, get somebody who can be ready. It's simple. This is the bigs ... easier to get there than it is to stay.

IF I am the manager, I use Chapman to win the 8th inning and put somebody else in to win the 9th. If that doesn't happen, I have the wrong pitchers. Dusty is like the word on the street.

ONLY

What he ought to be saying is, "whatever it takes to win the game," not "whatever it takes to make me and my dipshit coaching staff have to think."