• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dunlap vs Cunningham

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2010 Belichick drafts Jermaine Cunningham @ #53 and Carlos Dunlap is taken one pick later by the Bengals.

Cunningham: 36 games 3.5 sacks

Dunlap: 38 games 20 sacks

Dunlap just signed a 6 yr 45 mil contract with the Bengals

Cunningham is playing on the bubble.

Belichick punked by the Bengals again...see 85 and the picks the Pats gave up for him.

Belichick evidently missed something watching the Gators.

This is yet another one of Belichick's "surprise picks" when Dunlap was the better choice and higher rated player at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i did hate the cunningham pick at the time, thought it was wayyy to high for him. i hoping he can be productive this year he started coming on last year, but that might be due to the PEDs he was shooting in his butt. we'll see.

bunchofpixels

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cunningham was starting to look good at 3-4 OLB before the Patriots switched defenses(and injuries). I mean the pick was a little bit of a headscratcher at the time but just trying to play devil's advocate.

Jrik83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Pixels. There was a drastic dropoff from rookie year to sophomore year and the change in base defense seemed to be the biggest reason (outside of injuries) at least IMHO. He may have not been recording sacks but he was regularly putting pressure on the quarterback as a rookie. Then he couldn't get or stay on the field in the second year.

He looked pretty decent as an interior rusher in the nickel last year. But as Briz pointed out how much of that was PED influenced? And also, how many snaps does he get there with Armstead coming on board (because your not taking Vince out that often).

Clearly, Dunlap would have made more sense. And the most frustrating part is that "character" was regularly talked about as the reason they steered clear of Dunlap. Which seems laughable at best at the moment.