• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Duke-North Carolina TONIGHT

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you have anything that might constitute a compelling reason as to why you think it's acceptable behavior? Storming the court meets the textbook definition of a riot. Do you think riots are okay?

If you don't have anything compelling on which to base your opinion, that's fine, but don't spout it out as if it is beyond reproach. It most certainly isn't.

Let me do a quick recap of this conversation. I was posting links of teams rushing the floor, then you came in looking to argue by calling out IU for this "shameful" behavior. I then posted the link to show your opinion isn't in the majority (and you can go off about how the majority is dumb and blah blah blah) but all the poll shows is court storming isn't going anywhere, because most of the country sees it for what it is, college kids celebrating a win. You sound like some cranky ass old man, get over yourself and court storming, cause it ain't going anywhere.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke is down but not out jonvi. I think they call it "resiliency".

Don't even think Duke is down. Syracuse is gonna need to play as good or better than the 1st time they met. This game is in Cameron, one of the hardest places to play in the country.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me do a quick recap of this conversation. I was posting links of teams rushing the floor, then you came in looking to argue by calling out IU for this "shameful" behavior. I then posted the link to show your opinion isn't in the majority (and you can go off about how the majority is dumb and blah blah blah) but all the poll shows is court storming isn't going anywhere, because most of the country sees it for what it is, college kids celebrating a win. You sound like some cranky ass old man, get over yourself and court storming, cause it ain't going anywhere.

Well, allow me to recap the conversation to this point.

I come on here and say that court storming is lame, but also dangerous and unnecessary.

You hop on here and hoping to rationalize that IU does it every time somebody hits a 3 pointer, post links to other programs doing it too.

I ask you if you think it's acceptable behavior. You say everyone else does it. Everynoe else is okay with it.

I point out that "everyone else does it" and "everyone else is okay with it" are stupid, herd mentality, cop outs, and ask if you have any better defense of your stance.

You ignore the question and call me old and cranky.

So now that the recap is over, I'd still like to know if you have any better defense of your position than "everyone else is okay with it" but due to your repeated diversions from the question, I can only assume that, no, you don't.

If anyone else would like to offer up an explanation as to why this particular version of trespassing is acceptable while others aren't I'm all ears.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The storming the court issue comes down to this for me. Its dumb, and isnt acceptable at any other sporting event. It will also come down to idiots ruining this for everyone else. There will be a major incident, some crazy moron will intentionally hurt a player or coach, and then the arenas will all be forced to move the seats back and up off the floor, with barriers around the court making it less enjoyable for those that conduct themselves with a little self control.
Idiots ruin everything.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The storming the court issue comes down to this for me. Its dumb, and isnt acceptable at any other sporting event.It will also come down to idiots ruining this for everyone else. There will be a major incident, some crazy moron will intentionally hurt a player or coach, and then the arenas will all be forced to move the seats back and up off the floor, with barriers around the court making it less enjoyable for those that conduct themselves with a little self control.
Idiots ruin everything.

I know IU football is bad, but rushing the field in football is allowed as well.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody in North Carolina could care any less about what you guys think considering storming the court. If we decide to storm the court, we will, end of story.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, allow me to recap the conversation to this point.

I come on here and say that court storming is lame, but also dangerous and unnecessary.

You hop on here and hoping to rationalize that IU does it every time somebody hits a 3 pointer, post links to other programs doing it too.

I ask you if you think it's acceptable behavior. You say everyone else does it. Everynoe else is okay with it.

I point out that "everyone else does it" and "everyone else is okay with it" are stupid, herd mentality, cop outs, and ask if you have any better defense of your stance.

You ignore the question and call me old and cranky.

So now that the recap is over, I'd still like to know if you have any better defense of your position than "everyone else is okay with it" but due to your repeated diversions from the question, I can only assume that, no, you don't.

If anyone else would like to offer up an explanation as to why this particular version of trespassing is acceptable while others aren't I'm all ears.

You actually asked me if I'm a fan of rioting or why this form of trespassing is allowed...storming the court is neither.

My defense for why I think storming the court is acceptable behavior is simply because it is. It's accepted, I've shown you that. Yet you really want my personal reason. I'm flattered, rushing the court is an awesome sports moment for college kids. Rushing AH back in 2011 is a moment I'll never forget. We weren't rioting, murdering people, smoking crack, we were jumping up and down on a basketball court ecstatic about our team's victory. I'm not sure why this behavior even has to be defended.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You actually asked me if I'm a fan of rioting or why this form of trespassing is allowed...storming the court is neither.

My defense for why I think storming the court is acceptable behavior is simply because it is. It's accepted, I've shown you that. Yet you really want my personal reason. I'm flattered, rushing the court is an awesome sports moment for college kids. Rushing AH back in 2011 is a moment I'll never forget. We weren't rioting, murdering people, smoking crack, we were jumping up and down on a basketball court ecstatic about our team's victory. I'm not sure why this behavior even has to be defended.

Rioting isn't defined by murdering people or smoking crack. Perhaps you should look up what defines a riot because you were doing that very thing.

And just to be clear, your defense for it is because everyone else seems to think it was okay, and you enjoyed doing it.

Not everyone had so much fun that day.

As the article points out injuries from people storming the court aren't unusual. But I guess, that's okay, since you weren't smoking crack at the time.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rioting isn't defined by murdering people or smoking crack. Perhaps you should look up what defines a riot because you were doing that very thing.

And just to be clear, your defense for it is because everyone else seems to think it was okay, and you enjoyed doing it.

Not everyone had so much fun that day.

As the article points out injuries from people storming the court aren't unusual. But I guess, that's okay, since you weren't smoking crack at the time.[/url]

Ya I remember that women. The one that sat in IU's student section superfanned out, talking trash and then complained about people being mean to her.

Unfortunate she left her seat and tried to leave through a wave of students, but how'd that sprained ankle keep her from allowing someone to take nudie pics of her?

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly you didn't see the end of the AZ game at ASU.

Aside from the whole "act like you've been there before" rationale for not storming the court, the same logic used by pretty much every single person in regards to the Marcus Smart "incident" at Texas Tech applies to storming the court as well. Buying that ticket doesn't give you the right to do that. It doesn't matter if its "just a bunch of kids" or "just a bunch of toddlers" or "just a bunch of drunken assholes" you shouldn't do it.

It is dangerous. People do get hurt. The looming threat of it does affect the outcome of games. Just dismissing it as "kids being kids" is tremendously naive. Is it just "kids being kids" when an underage college student drinks? Is it just "kids being kids" when an underage college student drinks and drives? Is it just "kids being kids" when an underage student drinks and drives and gets in an accident? At what point do you stop rationalizing stupid behavior with trite cliches?

You can call me the fun-police all you want, but I'm not saying you can't have fun when you go to a game. I'm saying that if the only way you can manage to have fun at a game is by trespassing, you're a fucking idiot.

I was at the UNC/UK game at Rupp a couple of years ago. Its not quite on the level of the Duke rivalry, but those two teams don't like each other one bit. It was a much closer game, that wasn't decided until the closing seconds. It was two Top 5 teams facing off in a huge game. At no point during the closing moments of the game did it look like rushing the court even occurred to anyone. What I saw when the buzzer sounded was a collective exhale, from the crowd, then a lot of handshaking between the UNC fans that made the trip, and the surrounding UK fans. A lot of "Great game." and "We'll see you in the Final Four" were exchanged, and then everybody went home. UK fans are not often a model for good fan behavior. But they showed the world exactly what you do in a nail-biter against a rival.

While I used to think it was acceptable for "2nd tier" schools to storm the court against a bitter rival or against a highly ranked team after an upset, but the AZ/ASU game changed my whole perspective on the situation.

Lol at saying it is just kids being kids drinking and driving, really dude, REALLY? Is that how your going to twist my words? Kids rushing the court has nothing to do with kids drinking and driving. Are they both dangerous sure, but making it sound like I or anyone thinks that is okay is ridiculous. I said multiple times how retarded it is but I also realize kids make dumb decisions and they get excited and like last night they rushed the court. Did I say it was okay? No I didn't but I am not going to get my panties wadded up in a bunch over it either.

Actually I did watch the ASU/AZ game, and while it wasn't right it doesn't make it the end of the world. You sound real butt hurt about it all to be honest, you could of went about your point in a completely different manner.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, she is!
yahoo.gif

all night long!

Nobody in North Carolina could care any less about what you guys think considering storming the court. If we decide to storm the court, we will, end of story.

except Duke fans living in NC. lol

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I remember that women. The one that sat in IU's student section superfanned out, talking trash and then complained about people being mean to her.

Unfortunate she left her seat and tried to leave through a wave of students, but how'd that sprained ankle keep her from allowing someone to take nudie pics of her?

What is somebody from the home team gets hurt? Or is it just okay if it's somebody from the visiting team. As mentioned in the article, people get hurt frequently in these court stormings. Are you okay with that?

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at saying it is just kids being kids drinking and driving, really dude, REALLY? Is that how your going to twist my words? Kids rushing the court has nothing to do with kids drinking and driving. Are they both dangerous sure, but making it sound like I or anyone thinks that is okay is ridiculous. I said multiple times how retarded it is but I also realize kids make dumb decisions and they get excited and like last night they rushed the court. Did I say it was okay? No I didn't but I am not going to get my panties wadded up in a bunch over it either.

People have used the same rationalizations of "its just kids having fun or it's just kids being kids" to rationalize both behaviors. No, the behaviors aren't the same thing, but the rationalizations are, and they're just as misplaced in both instances.

You were trying to rationalize the behavior, and make excuses for it. If you don't think it's okay, then stop making excuses for it, and stop trying to rationalize it.

Actually I did watch the ASU/AZ game, and while it wasn't right it doesn't make it the end of the world. You sound real butt hurt about it all to be honest, you could of went about your point in a completely different manner.

No, it wasn't the end of the world. Is that what it would take for it to be unacceptable? At what point do you draw the line? For me it's when a pointless action starts affecting the outcome of games in a sport I enjoy. If you'd rather let the fans decide the outcome, perhaps you might want to switch your primetime viewing during te week from ESPN to the other networks where you can watch America's Got the Voice Idol.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is somebody from the home team gets hurt? Or is it just okay if it's somebody from the visiting team. As mentioned in the article, people get hurt frequently in these court stormings. Are you okay with that?

Injuries from '04 and '11. I can live with that. I guess our definitions of "frequent" differ.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CSB, Meet Trolly. Trolly, Meet CSB.

Trolly and I go back a ways as many people seem to have migrated from previous sites.

CSB seems to be ok. He hasn't been here long, but about every post is thoughtful.

I just wanted to jump in before we get to john0 level. And help a SU brother out before disarmament agreements are required. I might have failed the last one. :whistle:

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoosier, You claim that all you were doing was "jumping up and down" why is it necessary to do that on the court? Is there something that prevents you from jumping up and down in your seat? You actually have a right to jump up and down in your seat. No so much on the court.

You're basically this guy:

texas-tech.jpg

You seem to think that buying a ticket gives you a level of player interaction that simply isn't included.