• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Duke-North Carolina TONIGHT

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No disrespect to AZ or SU but those teams haven't made it up into the "Basketball Blue Bloods" yet. They might get there someday, but right now, they simply aren't on the same level as Duke, and UK and UNC, KU. I'd Include IU on that list but I know they're prone to storming the court even for a close loss these days. I'm not saying that IU storms the court a lot, I'm just saying you stormed the court after beating Nebraska. NEBRASKA! Okay, so maybe I am saying that IU storms the court a lot. I guess they've gone soft since The General left town. I'm pretty sure if fans tried to rush the court when RMG was at the helm, he'd have ended up atop a heap of bodies, wielding a folding chair WWE-style, until the remaining survivors fled for their lives.

Anywho.... point being, knock that shit off.

Cuse and Zona and Kansas at the most had 2 banners when they rushed the court in your examples. Which is still too many, but it isn't FIVE FUCKING BANNERS. If you have FIVE FUCKING BANNERS, get the fuck off the court! I don't care if your team didn't score a single point in the first half, and rallied from an 80 point deficit to win on a last second, full court miracle, shot off an inbound steal that bounced on the rim 14 times, before finally coming to rest on the back of the rim and sitting there for a full 90 seconds before eventually rolling in for the win. Get the fuck off the court.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a bunch of college kids let them have their moment. It's UNC we all know they have been there.

I agree its retarded, but it's fun for the kids ya know.

Good game by Carolina, 5 wins verse ranked teams, come Monday they will be too.

Agreed. I'm perfectly fine with UNC rushing the court tonight. They beat a highly ranked team that happens to be their rival. If NC had been ranked, that'd be a different story but they're not so I say fuck it, rush the damn court. Rushing the field in football was one of my foundest memory of being a college student but I understand there's a time and place for it.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No disrespect to AZ or SU but those teams haven't made it up into the "Basketball Blue Bloods" yet. They might get there someday, but right now, they simply aren't on the same level as Duke, and UK and UNC, KU. I'd Include IU on that list but I know they're prone to storming the court even for a close loss these days. I'm not saying that IU storms the court a lot, I'm just saying you stormed the court after beating Nebraska. NEBRASKA! Okay, so maybe I am saying that IU storms the court a lot. I guess they've gone soft since The General left town. I'm pretty sure if fans tried to rush the court when RMG was at the helm, he'd have ended up atop a heap of bodies, wielding a folding chair WWE-style, until the remaining survivors fled for their lives.

Anywho.... point being, knock that shit off.

Cuse and Zona and Kansas at the most had 2 banners when they rushed the court in your examples. Which is still too many, but it isn't FIVE FUCKING BANNERS. If you have FIVE FUCKING BANNERS, get the fuck off the court! I don't care if your team didn't score a single point in the first half, and rallied from an 80 point deficit to win on a last second, full court miracle, shot off an inbound steal that bounced on the rim 14 times, before finally coming to rest on the back of the rim and sitting there for a full 90 seconds before eventually rolling in for the win. Get the fuck off the court.

When did IU storm the court after beating Nebraska? Anyway I listed those other schools because the poster I quoted listed then.

Also, you're in the minority with your huge complex about blue bloods rushing the court.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did IU storm the court after beating Nebraska? Anyway I listed those other schools because the poster I quoted listed then.

Also, you're in the minority with your huge complex about blue bloods rushing the court.

"When is it OK for fans to rush the court?" ESPN asked Wednesday. The debate started after the Assembly Hall crowd did so Tuesday following Indiana's upset of No. 3 Wisconsin.

The entire nation - aside from Card Nation and Big Blue Nation - is in agreement, according to ESPN's poll: "I'm OK with it." But on a map outlining the voting, Kentucky stood as the only appropriately blue "no" state amid an entire country of "yes" red.

Can't find the graphic.

Also, for all their holier than thou attidtudes the only reason the Cameron Crazies don't rush the flor is because of Coach K.

Mike Krzyzewski Stops Duke Students From Rushing Court After Beating UNC

Last edited by a moderator:

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry about the multiple posts, hard to post graphics from a phone.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    89.3 KB · Views: 70

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry. Wasn't Nebraska. It was after beating unfucking ranked Minnefuckingsota. Bravo Hoosiers. Bravo. Way to raise the bar. :clap:

I couldn't possibly care less if I'm in the minority. I don't need a bunch of random internet people telling me they agree with me to feel validated. I stated my opinion and the reasoning behind it. That reasoning is no more or less valid because some jerkwater from Bumblefuck South Dakota who goes by OMGI<3CBB agrees or disagrees with it.

If you disagree with the reasoning, tell me why you think it's wrong. Don't tell me how many people disagree with me. I'd rather be right, and in the minority, than wrong and in the majority. You think I'm wrong? Convince me.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say that AZ has never rushed the court. I clearly stated that they had. I feel like you are taking my words and twisting them. I don't mean "no matter what" as in never ever ever ever ever. I mean that you just don't rush the court if you are an established program. And counting KU after they won the NC, and the fans who did it, did so after watching the game on the jumbo tron is a ridiculous instance to back you up. Obviously I'm talking about after a game, when the team played on the court.

And yes, 15 years is a very long time, considering the dozen or so opportunities they've had to do so after beating a top ten team. Actually, I found it. AZ rushed the court on Jan 29, 1999 when they upset #3 Stanford 78-76 on close to a last second shot. And the article said (even back then) that it was unusual for AZ to have rushed the court. So, when it's been over 15 years since AZ has rushed the court (and who knows how long before that,then I can say that I don't think established programs should rush the court.

Arizona's Terry Beats Stanford in a Flash - Los Angeles Times

Wasn't referring to you when I said it's funny to see fans claim their program never rushed the floor, was just speaking in generalities.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry. Wasn't Nebraska. It was after beating unfucking ranked Minnefuckingsota. Bravo Hoosiers. Bravo. Way to raise the bar. :clap:

I couldn't possibly care less if I'm in the minority. I don't need a bunch of random internet people telling me they agree with me to feel validated. I stated my opinion and the reasoning behind it. That reasoning is no more or less valid because some jerkwater from Bumblefuck South Dakota who goes by OMGI<3CBB agrees or disagrees with it.

If you disagree with the reasoning, tell me why you think it's wrong. Don't tell me how many people disagree with me. I'd rather be right, and in the minority, than wrong and in the majority. You think I'm wrong? Convince me.

It's not a matter of being right or wrong, it's an opinion. How can I convince you IU doesn't care if Kentucky fans have an issue with what we do? We'll simply storm the court again whenever we think it's a big win :dance: And leave you to cry about it and tell us how ridiculous it is.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a matter of being right or wrong, it's an opinion. How can I convince you IU doesn't care if Kentucky fans have an issue with what we do? We'll simply storm the court again whenever we think it's a big win :dance: And leave you to cry about it and tell us how ridiculous it is.

Then why tell me I'm in the minority? What was that supposed to accomplish?

That's great, I hope IU fans rush the court after every win, and ever close loss. I hope they do it after and before every game. Hell, rush the floor at halftime if you have the lead.

Its bush league no matter how proud of it you may be.

I've listed plenty of reasons why it shouldn't happen. You've only given s lame rationalization as to why you think it's okay. (because everyone seems to think it's okay) At one point the majority of people thought the earth was flat, and that it was okay to buy and sell human beings as property. Turns out those people were stupid assholes. So you'll forgive me if your appeal to public opinion doesn't really sway me.

So do you have anything that might constitute a compelling reason as to why you think it's acceptable behavior? Storming the court meets the textbook definition of a riot. Do you think riots are okay?

If you don't have anything compelling on which to base your opinion, that's fine, but don't spout it out as if it is beyond reproach. It most certainly isn't.

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK fans are not often a model for good fan behavior. But they showed the world exactly what you do in a nail-biter against a rival.

LOL Trolly...every now and then UK does something that a sports fan can agree with.......not often...but every now and then.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that sucked Duke was ice cold but can't win them all. Just hope this doesn't happen in Cameron.

Personally I don't like storming a court, UNLESS it's a National Championship and even then that's a little over the top... the players should have their moment on the court, not the fans! I understand why UNC students did last night as this is Duke V Unc but still, not needed.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you have anything that might constitute a compelling reason as to why you think it's acceptable behavior? Storming the court meets the textbook definition of a riot. Do you think riots are okay?

At a Punk rock show, YES! At a basketball game, NO!

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Road games are tough to come by. Just ask Duke.

Hey Douggie,

One hell of a game, huh?! Typical UNC/Duke matchup! Really doesn't matter who's ranked, not ranked, etc.....

Doesn't matter how Duke or UNC play, because during that game it's different than playing ANYONE else in the country.

This is STILL the best rivalry in the USA! Duke will respond on Saturday at home. They're just too damn good!

:suds:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Douggie,

One hell of a game, huh?! Typical UNC/Duke matchup! Really doesn't matter who's ranked, not ranked, etc.....

Doesn't matter how Duke or UNC play, because during that game it's different than playing ANYONE else in the country.

This is STILL the best rivalry in the USA! Duke will respond on Saturday at home. They're just too damn good!

:suds:

Ain't UNC coming into Cameron Saturday. It's the Big Dog. :whoo:

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Louie. Yep, the rivalry is still alive and kickin'. I'm hoping for a better outcome in Cameron. Road contests are brutal. Especially against your rivals. Good luck the rest of the way. Except in Cameron.:rollseyes: