• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Duke-North Carolina TONIGHT

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will NEVER see Duke storm the court. If they play like this at home the point is moot.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody hide! It's the rush the court police! Those college kids should be ashamed!

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will NEVER see Duke storm the court. If they play like this at home the point is moot.

You wouldn't see Cuse either, I agree its retarded but its a bunch of kids, a loss is a loss a win is a win, storming the court doesn't change anything in the scheme of things.

Obviously I can't believe they did but it's a bunch of drunk loonie toons having a ball.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke could not hit a shot down the stretch and Carolina was in the double bonus for the last 5 minutes. Sure makes it easy knowing it's not a 1/1. Both teams battled hard and Carolina just improved their seed in the NCAA. Duke is still one of my favorite teams. It's tough to beat Carolina at Chapel Hill. I'm figuring a split after they go to McCarron.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough to get young excited fans to understand rushing the court can be a problem. I can't hate them for it.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke could not hit a shot down the stretch and Carolina was in the double bonus for the last 5 minutes. Sure makes it easy knowing it's not a 1/1. Both teams battled hard and Carolina just improved their seed in the NCAA. Duke is still one of my favorite teams. It's tough to beat Carolina at Chapel Hill. I'm figuring a split after they go to McCarron.

Huh? Cameron?

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't know. I get it, they're college kids. That's fine. I get it.

But damn, UNC???? You'd think out of pure ego against Duke, that they wouldn't do it. It's kind of a mark for well established programs not to rush the court, no matter what; to essentially not give the other team the recognition that it's a big win. I'm just really surprised to see them do it.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duke plays like this against Syracuse and they will get run out of Cameron. And I'll be chasing them with a baseball bat.:gaah:

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But damn, UNC???? You'd think out of pure ego against Duke, that they wouldn't do it. It's kind of a mark for well established programs not to rush the court, no matter what; to essentially not give the other team the recognition that it's a big win. I'm just really surprised to see them do it.

Me 2 I agree, I am sure the players and Roy didn't agree with it either, certainly can't imagine cuse doing it, absolutely not! Can't see Duke, Zona, MSU, UK, Kansas etc etc.

Duke had what like 10 points in the last 10 minutes? Brick after brick, from both teams for a while, it was only a matter of time before someone started putting it together, I didn't think it'd be UNC and not by 8. Bad week offensively for a few teams (aaahem).

Great rivalry game, it always is a good time to watch them battle. CUSE VS DUKE SAT LETS GO.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree with it either, certainly can't imagine cuse doing it, absolutely not! Can't see Duke, Zona, MSU, UK, Kansas etc etc.

Duke had what like 10 points in the last 10 minutes? Brick after brick, from both teams for a while, it was only a matter of time before someone started putting it together, I didn't think it'd be UNC and not by 8. Bad week offensively for a few teams (aaahem).

Great rivalry game, it always is a good time to watch them battle. CUSE VS DUKE SAT LETS GO.

Arizona fans rush the court after the Wildcats swept the Sun Devils

Duke fans rush court as losing streak ends (1995)

SU fans storm the court after SU beat Georgetown 77-70 in the Carrier Dome.

Happy to help! :suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
58838a21e172b5a60951efce06d552369c9d861f474fc9728615c2be95a36998.jpg

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, that kind of furthers my point. KU rushed the court when they won the NC. And the game wasn't in AFH. That's acceptable.

Your example of Duke rushing the court was 20 years ago.

And AZ rushed the court in 1985 when they beat ASU. You're talking about 30 years ago, and when AZ was definitely not an established program. AZ lasted rushed the court over a decade ago. And to my knowledge, they have only rushed the court once in the last 15 years. That's essentially my point.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that kind of furthers my point. KU rushed the court when they won the NC. And the game wasn't in AFH. That's acceptable.

Your example of Duke rushing the court was 20 years ago.

And AZ rushed the court in 1985 when they beat ASU. You're talking about 30 years ago, and when AZ was definitely not an established program. AZ lasted rushed the court over a decade ago. And to my knowledge, they have only rushed the court once in the last 15 years. That's essentially my point.

Okay, they don't rush the court no matter what, unless they win an NC or I guess only once every 15 years.

I could bring up many examples of established programs rushing the court, and unless you're in the SEC where it's not allowed, it's really not a big deal. It's funny to see people say their program has never rushed the court. Only program that might be able to say that is Kentucky.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That kinda sucks for Duke... I was hoping to see an epic match-up against Cuse. Wondering now if we get a huge letdown in that game.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, they don't rush the court no matter what, unless they win an NC or I guess only once every 15 years.

I could bring up many examples of established programs rushing the court, and unless you're in the SEC where it's not allowed, it's really not a big deal. It's funny to see people say their program has never rushed the court. Only program that might be able to say that is Kentucky.

I didn't say that AZ has never rushed the court. I clearly stated that they had. I feel like you are taking my words and twisting them. I don't mean "no matter what" as in never ever ever ever ever. I mean that you just don't rush the court if you are an established program. And counting KU after they won the NC, and the fans who did it, did so after watching the game on the jumbo tron is a ridiculous instance to back you up. Obviously I'm talking about after a game, when the team played on the court.

And yes, 15 years is a very long time, considering the dozen or so opportunities they've had to do so after beating a top ten team. Actually, I found it. AZ rushed the court on Jan 29, 1999 when they upset #3 Stanford 78-76 on close to a last second shot. And the article said (even back then) that it was unusual for AZ to have rushed the court. So, when it's been over 15 years since AZ has rushed the court (and who knows how long before that,then I can say that I don't think established programs should rush the court.

Arizona's Terry Beats Stanford in a Flash - Los Angeles Times

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wouldn't see Cuse either, I agree its retarded but its a bunch of kids, a loss is a loss a win is a win, storming the court doesn't change anything in the scheme of things.

Clearly you didn't see the end of the AZ game at ASU.

Aside from the whole "act like you've been there before" rationale for not storming the court, the same logic used by pretty much every single person in regards to the Marcus Smart "incident" at Texas Tech applies to storming the court as well. Buying that ticket doesn't give you the right to do that. It doesn't matter if its "just a bunch of kids" or "just a bunch of toddlers" or "just a bunch of drunken assholes" you shouldn't do it.

It is dangerous. People do get hurt. The looming threat of it does affect the outcome of games. Just dismissing it as "kids being kids" is tremendously naive. Is it just "kids being kids" when an underage college student drinks? Is it just "kids being kids" when an underage college student drinks and drives? Is it just "kids being kids" when an underage student drinks and drives and gets in an accident? At what point do you stop rationalizing stupid behavior with trite cliches?

You can call me the fun-police all you want, but I'm not saying you can't have fun when you go to a game. I'm saying that if the only way you can manage to have fun at a game is by trespassing, you're a fucking idiot.

I was at the UNC/UK game at Rupp a couple of years ago. Its not quite on the level of the Duke rivalry, but those two teams don't like each other one bit. It was a much closer game, that wasn't decided until the closing seconds. It was two Top 5 teams facing off in a huge game. At no point during the closing moments of the game did it look like rushing the court even occurred to anyone. What I saw when the buzzer sounded was a collective exhale, from the crowd, then a lot of handshaking between the UNC fans that made the trip, and the surrounding UK fans. A lot of "Great game." and "We'll see you in the Final Four" were exchanged, and then everybody went home. UK fans are not often a model for good fan behavior. But they showed the world exactly what you do in a nail-biter against a rival.

While I used to think it was acceptable for "2nd tier" schools to storm the court against a bitter rival or against a highly ranked team after an upset, but the AZ/ASU game changed my whole perspective on the situation.