• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Monday Night Football: Duh Bears @ Chargers

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Phylis" is the only reason the Chargers are in most of the games they've played, and is not the reason they're 2-7. He's an easy target because he's an emotional player and the QB's normally get credit or blame for how well their teams are no matter how good or bad they are. He did lose the game vs Cincy with a horrible pick, but that's 1 game. Not all QB's can be as fortunate as Peyton and have the defense bail them out multiple times when they play like garbage.
Don't feed the Bronco trolls. They'll get to experience 2-7 next year after Manning retires.

I do agree at this point losing is best. We haven't had a top 10 pick since 2004. If Telesco doesn't make the trenches the sole focus of his off season he should be fired.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't feed the Bronco trolls. They'll get to experience 2-7 next year after Manning retires.

I do agree at this point losing is best. We haven't had a top 10 pick since 2004. If Telesco doesn't make the trenches the sole focus of his off season he should be fired.
Well this past offseason he did focus on the OL through FA with Dunlap and Franklin, and I thought going into the year it would be a good OL but thanks to injuries and just underperforming that hasn't been the case. The DL NEEDS to be upgraded, the run defense is a joke and Liuget needs more help. The draft/FA has to focus on upgrading the DL, adding depth to the OL, and drafting a safety assuming this is Weddle's last season as a Charger. Signing/drafting another linebacker would be a good thing too.

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am too stubborn. I figured they could throttle Da' Bears.

Nope.

I am going to pick the Chargers to lose to everyone the rest of the season. 2-14.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all those years of you obnoxious Charger fans bragging about how you're the most talented team in Football and how you always steamroll the Broncos it's good to see you guys get a little taste of the bottom of the division. I mean you guys are worse than the Raiders, how pathetic is that.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this past offseason he did focus on the OL through FA with Dunlap and Franklin, and I thought going into the year it would be a good OL but thanks to injuries and just underperforming that hasn't been the case. The DL NEEDS to be upgraded, the run defense is a joke and Liuget needs more help. The draft/FA has to focus on upgrading the DL, adding depth to the OL, and drafting a safety assuming this is Weddle's last season as a Charger. Signing/drafting another linebacker would be a good thing too.
Everyone loved the Franklin signing, but Dunlap missed time last year and while decent, should not have been the answer. My issue is that center was never addressed. Chris Watt never even played center until the NFL.

You can't ignore the injuries, but this team healthy is still a borderline .500 team. They have no impact players on defense and no leader. I still think they should make an effort to sign Weddle. I don't believe that ship has sailed.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After all those years of you obnoxious Charger fans bragging about how you're the most talented team in Football and how you always steamroll the Broncos it's good to see you guys get a little taste of the bottom of the division. I mean you guys are worse than the Raiders, how pathetic is that.
You oughta know. You've experienced last place far more recently than we have. You didn't get Von Miller #2 overall by playing well.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone loved the Franklin signing, but Dunlap missed time last year and while decent, should not have been the answer. My issue is that center was never addressed. Chris Watt never even played center until the NFL.

You can't ignore the injuries, but this team healthy is still a borderline .500 team. They have no impact players on defense and no leader. I still think they should make an effort to sign Weddle. I don't believe that ship has sailed.
Yeah the center is a problem that wasn't fixed, Watt is not the answer long term(or short term). On defense I really like Liuget and Verrett, but Verrett needs to stay healthy to be a top CB. Weddle could stay, but I wouldn't count on it. He is the definite leader on defense so it's gonna be a tough loss if he doesn't resign.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you trying to pretend that there aren't obnoxious Broncos fans now bragging about how they own the division and are one of the, if not the, most talented teams in football? Because there are, trust me. Every fanbase has the idiots who just want to talk trash all the time when their team is good. It sucks to be last in the division and in the AFC, but the Chargers are flawed and wouldn't be doing much even if they had snuck into a WC spot so being able to improve through high draft picks seems like the best way to get back to contending. Why do you think the Raiders are finally improving? It's because they sucked for all those years and used the high picks to improve the team.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the center is a problem that wasn't fixed, Watt is not the answer long term(or short term). On defense I really like Liuget and Verrett, but Verrett needs to stay healthy to be a top CB. Weddle could stay, but I wouldn't count on it. He is the definite leader on defense so it's gonna be a tough loss if he doesn't resign.
Verrett is pretty much what all the scouts said he would be: great corner, IF healthy. Every time Te'o starts to look the part of pro bowler and future leader he gets hurt too. He was durable in college, so it's hard to blame anyone for that. Maybe there's something to that San Diego sports curse.

What would I do?

O-line - Franklin, Fluker, and Barksdale are likely starters. If we have a top 5 pick and there's a worthy left tackle there, we have to take him. Then look for a center of value in the mid rounds. Keep Dunlap and Hairston, move Watt to guard, and now you have some solid depth in your O-line. We have a future hall of fame quarterback on record pace with the crap we have on the field now. If he's well protected we don't need a bunch of all pro receivers.

The defense is another story, but they need leadership skills above talent. I think the guy we're missing most this year is Jarret Johnson. Solid player but a better leader. I like our linebackers, but we need a nose tackle and another corner. Franchise Weddle.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verrett is pretty much what all the scouts said he would be: great corner, IF healthy. Every time Te'o starts to look the part of pro bowler and future leader he gets hurt too. He was durable in college, so it's hard to blame anyone for that. Maybe there's something to that San Diego sports curse.

What would I do?

O-line - Franklin, Fluker, and Barksdale are likely starters. If we have a top 5 pick and there's a worthy left tackle there, we have to take him. Then look for a center of value in the mid rounds. Keep Dunlap and Hairston, move Watt to guard, and now you have some solid depth in your O-line. We have a future hall of fame quarterback on record pace with the crap we have on the field now. If he's well protected we don't need a bunch of all pro receivers.

The defense is another story, but they need leadership skills above talent. I think the guy we're missing most this year is Jarret Johnson. Solid player but a better leader. I like our linebackers, but we need a nose tackle and another corner. Franchise Weddle.
I can't disagree with adding a LT and C in the draft, although I really want to use the top pick on a guy who can help stop the run. I'd have no problem if it's used on a stud LT, as long as he can stay healthy! It's pretty amazing what Rivers has done with that OL protecting him and each one of his top WR's and TE's missing time due to injury, another reason the OL needs to be improved is to help the run game so Rivers doesn't have to do it all. The last time this team made the playoffs it was because they controlled the clock on the ground.

I agree about JJ, the leadership skill is just as if not more important than the talent. I'm hoping Perryman takes over for Butler as a starting linebacker and Emanuel can be good depth behind the (hopefully) healthy Ingram. I wouldn't mind adding a LB, but there is more needs elsewhere on the defense like CB or NT.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Telesco should be fired at seasons end. I don't want him making another player transaction of any kind for the Chargers. They didn't need a RB in the 1st round. The only picks he's made that have panned out are Fluker & Allen. This is what happens to a team that has been run extremely poorly since A.J. Smith took over as GM. Telesco has only made things worse. He never should have been hired in the first place. Why hire a guy who was a part of the Colts front office? When Manning got hurt we saw just how bad their drafting & free agent signings were. They finished dead last.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Telesco should be fired at seasons end. I don't want him making another player transaction of any kind for the Chargers. They didn't need a RB in the 1st round. The only picks he's made that have panned out are Fluker & Allen. This is what happens to a team that has been run extremely poorly since A.J. Smith took over as GM. Telesco has only made things worse. He never should have been hired in the first place. Why hire a guy who was a part of the Colts front office? When Manning got hurt we saw just how bad their drafting & free agent signings were. They finished dead last.
He got Fluker, Te'o, and Allen in his first draft. That was a success. As I've said, Te'o has had injury issues but he was durable in college, so you can't blame that on the GM.

Agreed on Gordon, though with a solid line he could be the bell cow we need. Perryman looks to be another great pick. Verrett may work out if he can stay healthy. He's shown he can shutdown top receivers when healthy. Big IF however.

I'd fire the coach before the GM, but I'm not opposed to giving him one more year either. I think we were all so happy to get rid of Norv and AJ that we didn't realize we had replaced them with a 1st time GM and 1st time head coach.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got Fluker, Te'o, and Allen in his first draft. That was a success. As I've said, Te'o has had injury issues but he was durable in college, so you can't blame that on the GM.

Agreed on Gordon, though with a solid line he could be the bell cow we need. Perryman looks to be another great pick. Verrett may work out if he can stay healthy. He's shown he can shutdown top receivers when healthy. Big IF however.

I'd fire the coach before the GM, but I'm not opposed to giving him one more year either. I think we were all so happy to get rid of Norv and AJ that we didn't realize we had replaced them with a 1st time GM and 1st time head coach.

Te'o doesn't have the speed to be what we need at Middle Linebacker. The bottom line is this team needs major help on defense. The pass rush has been awful for a long time. They need help everywhere on D. The OL needs to get healthy. Sorry, but I want Telesco gone.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17 new notifications from Leomaz hahahahahaha. I literally control your life!!!

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^ No one respects an asshole, much less a bandwagon fan.

Eat a bag of dicks.