• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here are the Bears 2023 opponents

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more time.....if Fields sufficiently improves his reads, moves the chains, gets the O more regularly in the end zone, and reduces his turnovers, not only will I be ok if he falls shy of that 4k threshold, my guess is so will the Bears brass.
He needs to show he can pass next season. If he’s still a middling passer that can run as good as anybody in the league, then we’re not competing for Super Bowl, we’re just playing with our dicks.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like no one posted the actual schedule since it came out, so here goes (home in bold):

1. SUN, SEP 10, VS GREEN BAY
2. SUN, SEP 17, @ TAMPA BAY
3. SUN, SEP 24, @ KANSAS CITY
4. SUN, OCT 1, VS DENVER
5. THU, OCT 5, @ WASHINGTON (Prime)
6. SUN, OCT 15, VS MINNESOTA
7. SUN, OCT 22, VS LAS VEGAS

8. SUN, OCT 29, @ LOS ANGELES (Prime)
9. SUN, NOV 5, @ NEW ORLEANS
10. THU, NOV 9, VS CAROLINA (Prime)
11. SUN, NOV 19, @ DETROIT
12. MON, NOV 27, @ MINNESOTA (Prime)
13. BYE
14. SUN, DEC 10, VS DETROIT
15. SUN, DEC 17, @ CLEVELAND
16. SUN, DEC 24, VS ARIZONA
17. SUN, DEC 31, VS ATLANTA

18. SAT, JAN 7, @ GREEN BAY

One immediate observation is I guess it's the year where we're the home team in only 8 games. Somewhat surprisingly, we have 4 prime time games, plus the final one at the Packers is on a Saturday, which in essence is a nationally televised game, just minus the prime time. And I'm sure a couple others will be shown nationally for the Sunday games as well.

The other immediate observation is that five game stretch just prior to the bye where 4 of the 5 games are roadies. Yikes!!!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to show he can pass next season. If he’s still a middling passer that can run as good as anybody in the league, then we’re not competing for Super Bowl, we’re just playing with our dicks.
No real argument, but in my mind if he's as bad as how you're projecting, then no doubt. I think everyone agrees that this is Fields make-or-break season, especially from a massive contract extension standpoint. But this would mean he's struggling to even get to the 3k mark in passing, let alone 4k, that he's still holding onto the ball too long, still missing his 2nd, 3rd, etc reads, still struggling to move the chains and not getting the offense into the end zone. Can't rule it out, but I think he's going to do much better than that.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No real argument, but in my mind if he's as bad as how you're projecting, then no doubt. I think everyone agrees that this is Fields make-or-break season, especially from a massive contract extension standpoint. But this would mean he's struggling to even get to the 3k mark in passing, let alone 4k, that he's still holding onto the ball too long, still missing his 2nd, 3rd, etc reads, still struggling to move the chains and not getting the offense into the end zone. Can't rule it out, but I think he's going to do much better than that.
I hope so. I only hear good things, but that’s pretty much all you hear at this point. We need to evaluate his value as a passer. Running the ball should only be a tiny part of that evaluation. He should be able to pass better than Lamar Jackson (who I think is fools gold if you’re trying to win a title).

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more time.....if Fields sufficiently improves his reads, moves the chains, gets the O more regularly in the end zone, and reduces his turnovers, not only will I be ok if he falls shy of that 4k threshold, my guess is so will the Bears brass.

I dont think its on Poles and co.,but maybe Justin himself......
Im totally not sold on the three Imentioned but with a top notch olineman and wr,Fields should make those strides at 3500 atleast.......

Even in Tonyans best season with Rodgers,I dont remember him being a top 10 te.....or 12 to tellya the truth.......
And say that JF fails us,its not on Poles,cause he didnt draft him.......next season is on JFs shoulders if he wants to be here in 2024........and I think he will.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like no one posted the actual schedule since it came out, so here goes (home in bold):

4. SUN, OCT 1, VS DENVER

13. BYE

One immediate observation is I guess it's the year where we're the home team in only 8 games. Somewhat surprisingly, we have 4 prime time games, plus the final one at the Packers is on a Saturday, which in essence is a nationally televised game, just minus the prime time. And I'm sure a couple others will be shown nationally for the Sunday games as well.

The other immediate observation is that five game stretch just prior to the bye where 4 of the 5 games are roadies. Yikes!!!

The week 18 game at Green Bay is not Saturday, all week 18 games are Sunday

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The week 18 game at Green Bay is not Saturday, all week 18 games are Sunday
Oh really? Man, then the site I copy-pasted the scheduled screwed the pooch. Guess I should have checked a few more sites.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh really? Man, then the site I copy-pasted the scheduled screwed the pooch. Guess I should have checked a few more sites.

All good...I'm pretty sure all week 18 games are Sunday and they adjust into the 2 afternoon time slots so nobody gets a "known" playoff scenario and the night game is usually a win and in and doesn't impact any other team...which is 1 thing the scheduling does get right...IMO

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good...I'm pretty sure all week 18 games are Sunday and they adjust into the 2 afternoon time slots so nobody gets a "known" playoff scenario and the night game is usually a win and in and doesn't impact any other team...which is 1 thing the scheduling does get right...IMO
Well here's another bit regarding two Saturday games to be played on week 18:

Week 18: at Packers, TBD: At the end of Week 17, the NFL will book two games for the Saturday of Week 18 and set times for Sunday games depending on playoff stakes.

I'm not sure what type of importance the league will give to those two Saturday games, but it's fair to guess they'd like to show games where at least one of the teams involved is playoff bound or at least battling for a spot. That may not apply to either of our teams this season.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here's another bit regarding two Saturday games to be played on week 18:

Week 18: at Packers, TBD: At the end of Week 17, the NFL will book two games for the Saturday of Week 18 and set times for Sunday games depending on playoff stakes.

I'm not sure what type of importance the league will give to those two Saturday games, but it's fair to guess they'd like to show games where at least one of the teams involved is playoff bound or at least battling for a spot. That may not apply to either of our teams this season.

Thanks...I was unaware of this change...along with 2 more MNF double headers...I'm not sure what they're trying to do with all this...except maybe give us NFL 7 days a week at some point

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4. SUN, OCT 1, VS DENVER

13. BYE

Not surprising that we have 4 prime time games. The Bears always get prime time games, regardless. Throw in the Fields off-season hype and I'm surprised we're not getting one or two more (or a Thanksgiving game).

I like our schedule. Middle is toughest, but we have a good chance (as things stand) to start strong vs beatable opponents and finish the same way. Obviously, some games will be tougher than we think on there and others may be easier. That part remains to be seen. On paper, though, this is solid.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure yet we have the recievers gor that 4k yards.......Im not totally sold on Mooney,Claypool or Kmet yet......got my fingers crossed tho.
Tonyan,not sure about him either,if Rodgers couldnt make him a top te,not sure Fields can either.....
As long as JF doesnt get hurt,doesnt run as much and can throw around 3500 yds,Ill be happy........

And yes,I think we ate gonna be ladt years Lions team.......

Csnt wait for the season to start.....

Why does Tonyan need to be a top TE?

The Bears have 3 receivers capable of being 1K+ receivers and we know that because two of them have already done that and the other is most defitely capable.

If all the Bears receiving targets were to simply put up the average yardage they have put up in their careers that would equal north of 4000 yards.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two times now...2... Panthers are playing in Chicago not Charlotte. Buddy has 8 season tickets to the Panthers! Great seats right behind visitors bench on the 50... But NOOOoooo... Got to play them in Chicagooo. >mutters<

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thing where they can move games from Sunday to Thursday later in the season deal is bullsh*t. That's a pretty big change for fans (possibly coming from out of town to see a game). Sunday afternoon to Sunday Evening I understand, but moving the game that dramatically is not fair to people going to the game. F*ck your Thursday Night cable TV ratings.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two times now...2... Panthers are playing in Chicago not Charlotte. Buddy has 8 season tickets to the Panthers! Great seats right behind visitors bench on the 50... But NOOOoooo... Got to play them in Chicagooo. >mutters<

I would love to go to Carolina to see a game just to see that badass panther deal at the beginning...We just keep missing the chance.

Am going to Tampa this year though...Appreciate it's early in the season so I can have false hope for that day before it becomes apparent we will end up with 6 wins.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thing where they can move games from Sunday to Thursday later in the season deal is bullsh*t. That's a pretty big change for fans (possibly coming from out of town to see a game). Sunday afternoon to Sunday Evening I understand, but moving the game that dramatically is not fair to people going to the game. F*ck your Thursday Night cable TV ratings.
I do agree with you with one caveat. I don't believe the "Bears v. Panthers" will be that oooh exciting transfer game. Nor am I that lucky. Heh.