• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Duck Dynasty

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. Get that shit off the air.

That show sucks anyway. I hope it gets cancelled.

Ratings are already dropping it's just gotten old at this point.

A&E doesn't need them. They're one show. Without A&E he didn't get that interview in the first place.

And if you think the demographic for that show matches the demographic of the network you're crazy.

Duck Dynasty's Success: Why An A&E IPO Makes Sense (DIS,EAGLU,CMCSA,DISCA,AMCX,SNI,)

A&E Television Network (AETN) premiered its fourth season of Duck Dynasty August 14. The one-hour episode garnered 11.8 million viewers, the highest number ever to watch a non-fiction cable show.

A+E Networks, the holding company, is owned jointly by Disney (NYSE:DIS) and Hearst Corporation. The show's runaway success increases the value of A+E Networks immeasurably.

Disney and Hearst acquired Comcast's (Nasdaq:CMCSA) 15.8% stake in A+E Networks in July 2012 for $3.03 billion. The deal valued it at $19 billion. Slightly more than a year later Duck Dynasty has blown the doors off cable television.

'Duck Dynasty' finale ratings beat 'American Idol' | Inside TV | EW.com

A&E’s docu-soap phenomenon shattered previous ratings records for its Wednesday night finale. The episode following the Robertson clan to Hawaii delivered 9.6 million viewers and a 4.3 adults 18-49 rating.

That rating makes Duck Dynasty the highest-rated show last night — and not just on cable. The number is bigger than CBS’ Survivor (2.9) and bigger than Fox’s American Idol (3.3). As you can see, the fight wasn’t even close.

Duck Dynasty, along with AMC’s The Walking Dead, represent small-yet-growing number of cable shows that can overthrow the heavy hitters on broadcast. Season three of Duck Dynasty averaged 8.4 million total viewers (up 95% versus season 2) and 4.8 million adults 18-49 (up 92%), making it cable’s top-rated reality series this year, and the No. 2 original series overall behind only The Walking Dead.

I totally get that you guys are emotion driven religion phobes. Cool. But don't be dumb fucks out of fear. Say you want to see Phil suffer because he offended your fragile feelings. Man up and be honest. Otherwise keep your emotional bitch tit BS off the boards. Clogs it up.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and exactly what would change if the show were taken off the air?

30 minutes less of garbage polluting the airwaves and peoples brains, sure it would be replaced by more garbage, but it couldn't possibly be worse than duck dynasty

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 minutes less of garbage polluting the airwaves and peoples brains, sure it would be replaced by more garbage, but it couldn't possibly be worse than duck dynasty

Seriously, dude, you won't be hurt either way. I don't watch that "Honey Boo Boo" show or whatever it's called. Use your remote properly and no worries.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duck Dynasty's Success: Why An A&E IPO Makes Sense (DIS,EAGLU,CMCSA,DISCA,AMCX,SNI,)

A&E Television Network (AETN) premiered its fourth season of Duck Dynasty August 14. The one-hour episode garnered 11.8 million viewers, the highest number ever to watch a non-fiction cable show.

A+E Networks, the holding company, is owned jointly by Disney (NYSE:DIS) and Hearst Corporation. The show's runaway success increases the value of A+E Networks immeasurably.

Disney and Hearst acquired Comcast's (Nasdaq:CMCSA) 15.8% stake in A+E Networks in July 2012 for $3.03 billion. The deal valued it at $19 billion. Slightly more than a year later Duck Dynasty has blown the doors off cable television.

A&E’s docu-soap phenomenon shattered previous ratings records for its Wednesday night finale. The episode following the Robertson clan to Hawaii delivered 9.6 million viewers and a 4.3 adults 18-49 rating.

That rating makes Duck Dynasty the highest-rated show last night — and not just on cable. The number is bigger than CBS’ Survivor (2.9) and bigger than Fox’s American Idol (3.3). As you can see, the fight wasn’t even close.

Duck Dynasty, along with AMC’s The Walking Dead, represent small-yet-growing number of cable shows that can overthrow the heavy hitters on broadcast. Season three of Duck Dynasty averaged 8.4 million total viewers (up 95% versus season 2) and 4.8 million adults 18-49 (up 92%), making it cable’s top-rated reality series this year, and the No. 2 original series overall behind only The Walking Dead.

I totally get that you guys are emotion driven religion phobes. Cool. But don't be dumb fucks out of fear. Say you want to see Phil suffer because he offended your fragile feelings. Man up and be honest. Otherwise keep your emotional bitch tit BS off the boards. Clogs it up.

They're better equipped to lose one show than take the fallout to the rest of their shows. They were taking fallout the second he said what he said. They're an entertainment channel. They don't want their shit to be about politics. It's pretty simple.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they did the right thing. That's just the way things are in this world we live in. He should have known better.

Because of sensitive wimps who if your opinion is different than theirs then you are a monster.

As far as him knowing better, its that he just doesn't care. They asked what he thought and he told them. If people get offended it doesn't phase him a bit. He is comfortable with who he is and his beliefs so things don't bother him like that. If other people were comfortable then his remarks wouldn't bother them either.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're better equipped to lose one show than take the fallout to the rest of their shows. They were taking fallout the second he said what he said. They're an entertainment channel. They don't want their shit to be about politics. It's pretty simple.

If it's so simple, prove it with math. Elaborate on this fall out. Give me all the scenarios you are predicting. I assume you mean they'll lose viewers? Sponsors? Which ones? Have you compared DD to their other shows? I have. And if they're better equipped to lose DD, why haven't they cancelled it?

Looking forward to your research.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it's so simple, prove it with math. Elaborate on this fall out. Give me all the scenarios you are predicting. I assume you mean they'll lose viewers? Sponsors? Which ones? Have you compared DD to their other shows? I have. And if they're better equipped to lose DD, why haven't they cancelled it?

Looking forward to your research.

He doesn't research. That's the thing. He just rides fences until the fence ends and then jumps on another one.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incredibly, reliable source. Whereas I've heard and read, that their weekly show was seen more than the "Breaking Bad" finale.

I'll check oregonlive.com for proof.

So I post content and you post speculation. I see how it works now. I heard / read that The Jetson 42 episode was the number one cartoon ever.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ohhh the number 1 reality show, how awesome. So basically of all the shitty shows they are the top dogs?
http://www.nielsen.com/us/en/top10s.html

Last edited by a moderator:

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, dude, you won't be hurt either way. I don't watch that "Honey Boo Boo" show or whatever it's called. Use your remote properly and no worries.

I guess seeing how popular these shows are just makes me sad, a little that americans are so pathetic that 1) these people exist, 2) these people manage to get a tv show, 3) people actually watch the garbage...its downright depressing

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&E doesn't need them. They're one show. Without A&E he didn't get that interview in the first place.

And if you think the demographic for that show matches the demographic of the network you're crazy.

ACTUALLY.... they don't need A&E... The reason they got the show was because they had money and A&E wanted to get there share of the pie. Do you really think if the Robertsons (or whatver there names are) weren't making money A&E would even have considered giving them a show?

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its funny that the governor of LA, Palin, and other supposedly knowledgeable people are outraged and trying to defend and support the guys right to free speech....do they not understand what the right to free speech actually means?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I post content and you post speculation. I see how it works now. I heard / read that The Jetson 42 episode was the number one cartoon ever.

I'm assuming, I guess. If you could find, credible, such an unbelievably obscure website as scripture, you might cross reference it and find the other end of the spectrum.

Sorry I was so mean.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't like the show turn it off!

Hypocritical idiots getting their Jimmies all rustled up. Phil Robertson has the right to state his beliefs! And if A&E wants to censor him so be it but they cut their own throat to do so! It's a business and everyone saying A&E did the right thing must have said the same thing when Alec Baldwin blasted gays, Bashir stated someone needs to defecate in Palin's mouth, and Bill Maher just running his mouth!

If people don't like what he said stop watching, fuck political correctness! I don't agree with Al Sharpton and what he says is asinine. I don't start a letter writing campaign I stop watching MSNBC.

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to see the Duck Dynasty family tell A&E to shove the show up their collective asses.

That may very well happen, but I can't see the folks at A&E caring much, if we've learned anything over the past 15 years of reality television it's that there are thousands of people and families that will line up to whore themselves to any network for the right price. Reality TV "stars" are the most replaceable commodity in entertainment.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't know A&E was partially owned by ABC

Now the Robertsons are saying they possibly will walk away from the show, we shall see.

_Xer0_

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have never watched 1 second of Duck Dynasty and NEVER will.

reality TV is absolute bullfuck.