• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Duck Dynasty

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've only ever watched the show long enough to realize it didn't involve a rich old duck swimming through coins in his money bin.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was as phony as your typical WWE gimmick. Rating will likely go up for the few episodes of his suspension and then they will go up even more when he's back.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geee A&E didn't think they hired a redneck and a bigot, how dumb were they?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you have to figure out you are willing to offend in this country the Gays or the Christians. I wonder how the Gay Christians feel about this.

Now that's an enigma...or is that enema?:noidea:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is hero and more people like him are going to start standing up for their views, beliefs, and rights. He said nothing hateful. He used no slanderous names. He spoke his belief in a cool, collective, educated, confident way, and the youth of America should look up to him as an example of what it means to be courageous.

CDC ? HIV in the United States ? Statistics Overview ? Statistics Center ? HIV/AIDS

• More than 1.1 million people in the United States are living with HIV infection, and almost 1 in 6 (15.8%) are unaware of their infection.
  • Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM), particularly young black/African American MSM, are most seriously affected by HIV.
Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM) of all races and ethnicities remain the population most profoundly affected by HIV.

Would A&E fire someone if they repeated these health facts in a public forum?

Nothing hateful about facts.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard somebody mention, why would people get bent out of shape regarding the opinions of someone that tricks ducks into flying into a massacre for a living?

Not to mention he was asked a question (granted he has gone to churchs to state what he believes) and he answered it truthfully and he is getting screwed because of it. Now do I believe in what he said, absolutely NOT but it's right to have an opinion.

Then again, it's A&E's right to can him too... Still why couldn't they just have put up that disclaimer (like every other show) "the views and opinions expressed on this show do not reflect the beliefs of this network." How hard would it have been for them to say that.

Was there that much backlash to this that they really HAD to can him?

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While my wife and I were watching the CMA Christmas Show on CBS a couple of weeks ago, one of the Duck Dynasty guys sang their song, "A Hairy Christmas." I turned to my wife and said something to the effect that this family has now reached the apex of their stardom and now what happens that brings it all crashing back down to Earth? Well, now we have the answer.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to watch it. So many people love it that I figured I was missing something.

What am I missing?

If I were able to get past the terrible accents and even worse acting, what's the attraction? :noidea:

I feel the same way about the NBA.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ratings are already dropping it's just gotten old at this point.

You have no clue of which you speak. Duck Dynasty basically sets a new record for every show. The season 3 finale beat American Idol. You realize that that A&E is cable and Fox is in every home, right?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to watch it. So many people love it that I figured I was missing something.

What am I missing?

If I were able to get past the terrible accents and even worse acting, what's the attraction? :noidea:

Really? Bad accents and acting? You do know that these guys are from Louisana, and that they are not ACTORS! This is a eal family, running a real company, now a lot of what they do on there shows might be for tv, but it is still a real company making real duck calls.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Bad accents and acting? You do know that these guys are from Louisana, and that they are not ACTORS! This is a eal family, running a real company, now a lot of what they do on there shows might be for tv, but it is still a real company making real duck calls.

Reality TV isn't real.

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I consider myself liberal, especially in regard to social issues. But A&E has made a huge mistake suspending the patriarch of the Duck Dynasty clan for his comments on homosexuality and race. I'm sure that as soon as Phil Robertson's remarks hit the airwaves, gay rights activists were calmoring for A&E to drop the hammer. A&E is certainly within their rights to suspend his part in the show, but this is way over the top. I would love to see the Duck Dynasty family tell A&E to shove the show up their collective asses.

I would love this. My wife and I watch the show all the time, and actually, this is the only show we watch on A&E, and after their actions I will not be watching anything on their network, or their sister networks which sucks because I love the History channel and H2. They may have made the LGBT community happy with this, all 12 million, which is roughly 4.1% of our population, but at the same time they pissed off the roughly 75% of our population that is Christian or roughly 235 million people.

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reality TV isn't real.

No shit reality TV isn't real, but do you actually think that Duck Commander and the Robertson family were not real before the show? I have news for ya buddy, they were real, they are real now, just because some of the crap they do on the show may not be true does not mean they are not a real family or company. Neither of which needs TV or A&E, but A&E needs them.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&E doesn't need them. They're one show. Without A&E he didn't get that interview in the first place.

And if you think the demographic for that show matches the demographic of the network you're crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think introducing a gay character would have been the next step, after an apology, Phil gives him some weird looks, but in the end realizes he is a person, and accepts him. Everybody wins.

I agree is was a gross overreaction, mainly because the target audience is people who could hold his views and agree with him.

I'm tired of the corporate dance, someone says some stupid, the aggrieved group comes out and denounces it, either an apology is issues or the show is taken off the air, seems like part of the act now.

AE is fine profiting off of the redneck/god fearing sterotype as long as they don't say anything that offends.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TV would be a better place without that garbage, there are a lot of other programs that need the boot, but if we can somehow get rid of this one, it's a step in the right direction

My opinion has nothing to do with the dudes statement, I don't think what he said was that bad, but if it pisses off his employer, that's their prerogative ...my opinion is based solely on the fact that the show is fucking terrible

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&E doesn't need them. They're one show. Without A&E he didn't get that interview in the first place.

And if you think the demographic for that show matches the demographic of the network you're crazy.

A&E may not need Duck Dynasty, but they sure will miss it if the Robertson family tells them to shove it. The season 4 premiere with 11.8 million viewers was the highest rated program ever on A&E. They had already set the record with the season 3 finale, which drew 9.6 million viewers. The season 2 finale also set the record at the time, which brought in 6.5 million viewers. That's right, the show has almost doubled in viewers in just over 1 year. You don't kick something like that to the curb and not feel some sort of repercussions.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TV would be a better place without that garbage, there are a lot of other programs that need the boot, but if we can somehow get rid of this one, it's a step in the right direction

and exactly what would change if the show were taken off the air?

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit reality TV isn't real, but do you actually think that Duck Commander and the Robertson family were not real before the show? I have news for ya buddy, they were real, they are real now, just because some of the crap they do on the show may not be true does not mean they are not a real family or company. Neither of which needs TV or A&E, but A&E needs them.

Reality TV...the best example of an oxymoron.