• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Duck Dynasty

FsuNole1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night Willie and Jep Robertson came to Afghanistan to visit on the USO tour. It was pretty awesome.

Attachments

• Duck Dynasty2.jpg
    Duck Dynasty2.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 58
  • Duck Dynasty 1.jpg
    Duck Dynasty 1.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 59

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I consider myself liberal, especially in regard to social issues. But A&E has made a huge mistake suspending the patriarch of the Duck Dynasty clan for his comments on homosexuality and race. I'm sure that as soon as Phil Robertson's remarks hit the airwaves, gay rights activists were calmoring for A&E to drop the hammer. A&E is certainly within their rights to suspend his part in the show, but this is way over the top. I would love to see the Duck Dynasty family tell A&E to shove the show up their collective asses.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will. I'm sure another network would be willing to pick up the show. People are not allowed to share their true feelings anymore. Agree or disagree with him, it's HIS opinion. A&E can go to hell.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that show.
I won't be watching it now.
I think that is what will happen with other fans as a protest of the actions that A&E took.
Ratings will drop in the toilet.
I would think that the Robertson family will tell A&E to fuck off way before that though, which is why I love the show in the first place.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess time will tell whether it was a bad move. The guy said himself that he knows the show has a limited shelf life. It's made him a rich man. I doubt he's sweating it too much.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard somebody mention, why would people get bent out of shape regarding the opinions of someone that tricks ducks into flying into a massacre for a living?

Dcoord

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point. It is funny who and what this country will rally around and who and what gets ignored

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love that show.
I won't be watching it now.
I think that is what will happen with other fans as a protest of the actions that A&E took.
Ratings will drop in the toilet.
I would think that the Robertson family will tell A&E to fuck off way before that though, which is why I love the show in the first place.

Ratings are already dropping it's just gotten old at this point.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you have to figure out you are willing to offend in this country the Gays or the Christians. I wonder how the Gay Christians feel about this.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I consider myself liberal, especially in regard to social issues. But A&E has made a huge mistake suspending the patriarch of the Duck Dynasty clan for his comments on homosexuality and race. I'm sure that as soon as Phil Robertson's remarks hit the airwaves, gay rights activists were calmoring for A&E to drop the hammer. A&E is certainly within their rights to suspend his part in the show, but this is way over the top. I would love to see the Duck Dynasty family tell A&E to shove the show up their collective asses.

I think they did the right thing. That's just the way things are in this world we live in. He should have known better.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess time will tell whether it was a bad move. The guy said himself that he knows the show has a limited shelf life. It's made him a rich man. I doubt he's sweating it too much.

The Robertsons had made a small fortune on duck calls and other hunting equipment well before the show ever came about.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me too. Get that shit off the air.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&E committed media suicide the minute they banned Phil...This is a fight they will not win and the network will suffer from it! I will never watch another show on A&E as long as Phil is banned! Phil and family will not apologize for his opinion and would rather go back to media obscurity then apologize for exercising his freedom of speech. Another network will pick them up and continue to be the #1 show on tv and A&E will see the power of the people! Cowards!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't necessarily agree with the guy but I definitely don't agree with A&E. It's an overreaction. A simple statement saying "Phil doesn't represent A&E. He is speaking for himself" is enough. The guy is allowed to have an opinion. He's not directly harming people. He's not directly violating someone's rights by saying something (in this case, homosexuality) is a sin. He also called out drunks too. Maybe all the alcohol companies should whine too? This is where equal rights groups hurt their cause imo. They come off negatively by strong arming companies into doing some sort of PC bullshit. Tolerance works both ways.

But I'd love for them to tell A&E to fuck off and the show disappears. I don't watch it but people who actually think its real really annoy me. Maybe I should be more tolerant of their stupidity and gullibility?

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow a Christian actually saying he's against gays...what a horrible, horrible person he is.:rollseyes:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That show sucks anyway. I hope it gets cancelled.

I tried to watch it. So many people love it that I figured I was missing something.

What am I missing?

If I were able to get past the terrible accents and even worse acting, what's the attraction? :noidea:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't necessarily agree with the guy but I definitely don't agree with A&E. It's an overreaction. A simple statement saying "Phil doesn't represent A&E. He is speaking for himself" is enough. The guy is allowed to have an opinion. He's not directly harming people. He's not directly violating someone's rights by saying something (in this case, homosexuality) is a sin. He also called out drunks too. Maybe all the alcohol companies should whine too? This is where equal rights groups hurt their cause imo. They come off negatively by strong arming companies into doing some sort of PC bullshit. Tolerance works both ways.

But I'd love for them to tell A&E to fuck off and the show disappears. I don't watch it but people who actually think its real really annoy me. Maybe I should be more tolerant of their stupidity and gullibility?

You're forgetting how powerful the homosexuals are. No one is more powerful in Hollywood.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does anyone care? The guy will be fine, hes a multimillionaire. He has every right to voice his opinion and a&e has every right to do what they did. Freedom of speech isnt the same as freedom.from reprucussions. Why is that hard to.grasp?

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another network will pick them up and they will boom again for a time.