• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Drew Lock

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. If a rookie QB didn’t have a lot to work on after just two preseason games we’d have the greatest QB in NFL history!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton found the open short man. I guess that is more then what he was doing here. ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess one of the things I like about Drew Lock is his desire to play better - he has put In the work. I think his teammates and his coaches respect him for it.

I think he is a good prospect to break the Elway curse - and become a top QB in his own right.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess one of the things I like about Drew Lock is his desire to play better - he has put In the work. I think his teammates and his coaches respect him for it.

I think he is a good prospect to break the Elway curse - and become a top QB in his own right.

I think he will be damn good if he has time to adjust and get his NFL playing feet under him.I agree on Lock he is ready from the get-go personality-wise.

Lynch looks like he grew up last year, good for him. time will tell. I never gave up on him like most Broncos fans.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope we give 90% of this preseason snaps to Lock. We can stash Rypien on the practice squad.

We don't need Rypien this year.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fangio is certainly trying to leave the door open for Lock take the 2nd QB position in TC. The amount of time he got out on the field - sets Lock up to improve again and challenge for the 2nd spot. One thing that caught my eye about Lock in the Seattle game - he can throw with pace, he can throw far, but he also can throw very precisely and he can throw with touch.

The most important thing Lock needs to learn -is when to trust his instincts and his receiver - and try to thread a needle - or when should be look elsewhere. What the route tree is on that play - who the defense has in pass defense and how much is he being hurried from the pass rush - to make a decision with the ball. To figure that out Lock has to be out in the field.

I'm pretty certain if Lock is the #2 QB - the Broncos will go with 2 QBs on the roster and Rypien on the PS.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember the Kyle shanahan offense requires 2 play calls per snap.
A “can it “ play. He is still only a couple months into the playbook from college where they used cards.

He may be taking more #2 snaps today who knows their rotations don’t make much sense to the public eye often giving Rypien snaps 2nd in the rotation

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Baldwin's breakdown of Drew Lock (including the ever elusive all-22 in preseason action) showed the ups of Drew Lock and his upside. He still has a good bit to work on from his base mechanics to his reads, and just becoming more consistent from the on schedule offense... but the flashes and improvement from the HOF game to on the road in Seattle is very encouraging.
We probably (hopefully) won't see much of Lock in 2019 as he is put in the fermentation chamber... but definitely encouraged at this junction. Now the questions are, can he continue to improve and can he take that #2 spot from Hogan... We will see!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Baldwin's breakdown of Drew Lock (including the ever elusive all-22 in preseason action) showed the ups of Drew Lock and his upside. He still has a good bit to work on from his base mechanics to his reads, and just becoming more consistent from the on schedule offense... but the flashes and improvement from the HOF game to on the road in Seattle is very encouraging.
We probably (hopefully) won't see much of Lock in 2019 as he is put in the fermentation chamber... but definitely encouraged at this junction. Now the questions are, can he continue to improve and can he take that #2 spot from Hogan... We will see!
The INT was as much the fault of the RB as anything. I love that Pete blitz the hell out of Lock. Cant replicate that in practice.