• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Drew Brees production in upcoming season?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know 40+ tds is rare in the NFL right? In the last 4 years it has happened 4 times by a QB not named Brees in the last 4 years. Only Rodgers, Stafford, Luck, and Manning were able to do it in the last 4 years. Brees did it 2 times in the same time period but hey let's jump on Brees because he doesn't throw 40+ tds yearly because you know 40+ tds is obviously easy to do
Still 4 years in a row where he's scoring fewer points that the previous year is....IDK....worrisome maybe? Especially given his advancing age and having fewer weapons. I think the Saints are trying to transform from a gunslinging offense to a more running attack, much better for the defense. You saw the Broncos do the same the last half of last season. No shame in that at all, we all got to bow down to Father Time.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still 4 years in a row where he's scoring fewer points that the previous year is....IDK....worrisome maybe? Especially given his advancing age and having fewer weapons. I think the Saints are trying to transform from a gunslinging offense to a more running attack, much better for the defense. You saw the Broncos do the same the last half of last season. No shame in that at all, we all got to bow down to Father Time.

The main reason for his 33 tds last year is the same problems we had all year. I don't think anyone expected Brees to have 46 tds every year. There is absolutely nothing wrong with 43, 39, or 33 tds.

Anyway due to our shitty offensive line, Brees struggled in the red zone which is the only reason his tds were down last year. His QB rating in the red zone in 2012 and 2013 were off the charts. Last year it was down a bit due to poor protection and being forced to rush throws in the red zone

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Brees leads the NFL in interceptions since 2004. Just hope he doesn't have another NFL leading 25 interception season.. HA
It will probably be in the high 30s and New Orleans will go 0-16. Their team is pretty soft.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know 40+ tds is rare in the NFL right? In the last 4 years it has happened 4 times by a QB not named Brees in the last 4 years. Only Rodgers, Stafford, Luck, and Manning were able to do it in the last 4 years. Brees did it 2 times in the same time period but hey let's jump on Brees because he doesn't throw 40+ tds yearly because you know 40+ tds is obviously easy to do

Part of that though is just the quantity of passes. Drew Brees has been in the top-3 for passing attempts since 2011 so his touchdowns should always be near the top of the league just by the shear volume alone. A lot of these quarterbacks if given as many attempts one would expect them to be closer to that 30-40 touchdown spot year in and year out.

Now as for Brees his production has still be quality. This past year I would honestly account for the dip in production more to the fact that his team was always having to play from behind because of the defense being so pathetic. That means teams knowing the pass even more so is coming making it much easier to scheme a defense to stop the Saints. I would also say just like with the Broncos in with having such a good quarterback it is easy to become very pass happy and abandon the run earlier than you ever should. The coaches and quarterbacks need to rely more on the run game to not only save them from the volume of hits they would take but also make it much more difficult for defenses to know what is happening.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will probably be in the high 30s and New Orleans will go 0-16. Their team is pretty soft.

We are favorites to win the South.

Enjoy another year with a top 10 pick

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main reason for his 33 tds last year is the same problems we had all year. I don't think anyone expected Brees to have 46 tds every year. There is absolutely nothing wrong with 43, 39, or 33 tds.

Anyway due to our shitty offensive line, Brees struggled in the red zone which is the only reason his tds were down last year. His QB rating in the red zone in 2012 and 2013 were off the charts. Last year it was down a bit due to poor protection and being forced to rush throws in the red zone
So your saying you don't see the Saints trying to transform into a more running base offense, thus helping the defense and getting the Saint ready for life after Bree's?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your saying you don't see the Saints trying to transform into a more running base offense, thus helping the defense and getting the Saint ready for life after Bree's?

Nope and neither does the Saints writers.

Will they run the ball more? Yes but they will not be a run first offense.

Brees attempts per game will drop but this will still be a pass first offense. Brees won't avg 41 passes per game as he did last year. He will probably be around 35 or so but we will still pass more than we run.

They're not going to change Brees into some 25 passes per game Qb.....not happening and when you're as efficient as Brees is, I don't blame them at all

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope and neither does the Saints writers.

Will they run the ball more? Yes but they will not be a run first offense.

Brees attempts per game will drop but this will still be a pass first offense. Brees won't avg 41 passes per game as he did last year. He will probably be around 35 or so but we will still pass more than we run.

They're not going to change Brees into some 25 passes per game Qb.....not happening and when you're as efficient as Brees is, I don't blame them at all
So trading away Graham and Stills while adding Spiller to the running attack doesn't make you think the Saints are going away from a gunslinger offense to a running offense ? Interesting, we shall see how this plays out I guess.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees only avg under 39 throws per game twice in his 9 years with the Saints. I have no idea why anyone is expecting them to turn into the Seahawks, Bengals, Chiefs, or Panthers on offense.

As I said they will run the ball more but Brees will still be around 35 attempts or so per game

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So trading away Graham and Stills while adding Spiller to the running attack doesn't make you think the Saints are going away from a gunslinger offense to a running offense ? Interesting, we shall see how this plays out I guess.

They're not going to pass 40 times per game anymore unless the defense is shit again but they're also not going to turn into some ground and pound team like everyone seem to think. This isn't going to be a team who run the ball 43 times and only pass the ball 25 or so times. They will be more balance now but I'll be absolutely stunned if we have even 2 games where we ran the ball more than we pass.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're not going to pass 40 times per game anymore unless the defense is shit again but they're also not going to turn into some ground and pound team like everyone seem to think. This isn't going to be a team who run the ball 43 times and only pass the ball 25 or so times. They will be more balance now but I'll be absolutely stunned if we have even 2 games where we ran the ball more than we pass.
Mmmmm I think if running the ball works out, then that is what they stick to. Now I don't feel they'll turn into the Seahawks here, just that the gunslinger days are done, they'll try running and if that falls short, then they will still have Bree's , even if he has fewer weapons.

C

cubzzzfanincali

Brees is still an elite QB, if declining. According the Football Outsiders, who track deep throw accuracy, Brees completed 38.5% of >20 yard passes, compared to league average 33.6%. Roethlisberger, for example, completed 36.6%. On deep passes, his TD/int ratio was 21:6. For contrast, Rodgers was 13:3, Manning was 18:9. League average was 11:9.

Brees is still elite. For now.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's a gunslinger. His fans want to yell about all his numbers.

'Cept the INTs. They never want to talk about that.

It was the same for Brett Favre, who incredibly enough, was even more overrated than Brees.

Thank gawd San Diego did the smart thing and sent Breesus Christ packing! :clap:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a gunslinger. His fans want to yell about all his numbers.

'Cept the INTs. They never want to talk about that.

It was the same for Brett Favre, who incredibly enough, was even more overrated than Brees.

Thank gawd San Diego did the smart thing and sent Breesus Christ packing! :clap:

Because the Chargers been so damn successful since Drew left. How many playoffs games have they won since? Drew got 5 playoffs wins and a superbowl win since leaving San Diego

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the Chargers been so damn successful since Drew left. How many playoffs games have they won since? Drew got 5 playoffs wins and a superbowl win since leaving San Diego

Irrelevant.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be impossible for NO to go 0-16.
They play 6 games against the NFC South!
They were 3-3 in the NFC South last year and they were lucky to get 2 of those.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees is getting older and has started the downward slide.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to miss Graham.

A lot.