• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dress up or Fuck that!! I'm going to see some futbaw!!!

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of this would be acceptable:

KDs-and-their-dates-UGA-300x200.jpg

This is not:

gator-fans-jorts.jpeg

C'mon, you knew that was coming at some point in this thread. :yahoo:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First women's dress code very different than men's.

Secondly it depends on where you sit. If in a box slacks and button down (sometimes blazer), if club level slacks or very nice jeans and polo (no t-shirt). If general population then temperature comes into play and shorts work in the heat. Personally I don't do t-shirts because it's slobby for the tailgates but don't really care what others do.

Third under no condition is it acceptable for a grown man over the age of 18 to wear a jersey period and it's not for discussion.

Fourth if you wear Crocs you're gay anyway.

Seems like an awful lot of rules for watching a football game. Seems more like a damn pageant than a football game.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First women's dress code very different than men's.

Secondly it depends on where you sit. If in a box slacks and button down (sometimes blazer), if club level slacks or very nice jeans and polo (no t-shirt). If general population then temperature comes into play and shorts work in the heat. Personally I don't do t-shirts because it's slobby for the tailgates but don't really care what others do.

Third under no condition is it acceptable for a grown man over the age of 18 to wear a jersey period and it's not for discussion.

Fourth if you wear Crocs you're gay anyway.

:lame:

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like an awful lot of rules for watching a football game. Seems more like a damn pageant than a football game.

Was thinking the same thing. So long as some dude doesn't show up in a thong with sandals, I could care less what he's wearing.

I sometimes look to see what some of the female spectators are wearing ... usually only to be disappointed.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Football in the Old South/Bible Belt is a serious social function at the high school and college level and both are used for corporate networking as well. So it's not a pageant but it is not just a football game it is an event.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I want to schedule a home and home with one of these teams that dresses up. Make it a day game in August. It could get up to 120 degrees inside the stadium :lol:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most everywhere else it is seen as unusual if you arent wearing a jersey to a tailgate. No matter how old you are.
Pretty much the way i see it is, I'm a grown ass man and I will wear whatever I want.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday nights my wife wears the visor.

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At Ohio State, it's primarily hoodies and jeans, although you would see some sweatervests from time to time in the past.

I live in Tennessee, and went to a Vandy game about 2 years ago, they dress up big time. Just short of a black tie affair. I'm not going to complain about it at all though, some of them girls looked damn good. Only thing I was jealous of was they're allowed to drink in public there outside the stadium, whereas everyone generally makes sure they have their mug with lid on it in Cbus.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wear blue jeans and my teams shirt when i go to a game.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the Virginia Cavaliers football games have a tradition of fans dressing-up for the games......men wear blazers & ties, and women wear dresses. But, I heard that this has been changing over the previous several years----- apparently many Virginia fans are simply wearing school colored gear nowadays. Can anyone confirm this?

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the Virginia Cavaliers football games have a tradition of fans dressing-up for the games......men wear blazers & ties, and women wear dresses. But, I heard that this has been changing over the previous several years----- apparently many Virginia fans are simply wearing school colored gear nowadays. Can anyone confirm this?

Nope, the attendance numbers are so low, you don't have a large enough sample.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wear a bowtie and punch mofos in the larynx if they say something about it.

Which is unfortunate, because last year I decked three professors (one religion, two philosophy) who were trying to compliment me on my wardrobe choices.

I really should start waiting to hear what people say before going for the larynx.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wear blue jeans and my teams shirt when i go to a game.
If its cold, I'll wear a jacket. ... and always a cap.

Last time I went to a Bama game, wore jeans and a Bama polo shirt. Thought about wearing my UNA cap to throw off some folks, but didn't want to be charged with being an LSU fan ... again.