• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dress up or Fuck that!! I'm going to see some futbaw!!!

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The topic was touched on in another thread and it seems that it is common in the southeast to "dress up" for football games. Now, I've lived here all my life and have never "dressed up" for games. We wear appropriate football attire in Clemson. The gamecocks, on the other hand, do dress up. They are more about the tailgating than they are the game. They look like they're heading to some highfalutin tea party in downtown Charleston. Although since they've started winning they are dressing down a bit.

How do your fans roll?

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More interested in seeing the game than being seen at the game.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wife and I have a deal that if either of our teams make the Championship game the other will dress according to the Champipnship team's wishes. If Clemson makes it, she must don overalls and a hat and if the coots make it, I have to wear a some nice slacks, a buttin down shirt, and a tie. Ghey, I know, but that's how they roll.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never dressed up to see a football game, unless it was cold and I dressed warmly.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama-fans-sad.jpeg

d147ff1ffb55047d75a26cad2614ad72.jpeg

bamafans07.jpg

Lots dress up in khakis and ties en shit too.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas used to be dress up until Mack Brown came along. Then he implored everyone in the stands to wear burnt orange.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how Clemson fans dress for games.

clemson_boobs_fan.jpg

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wife and I have a deal that if either of our teams make the Championship game the other will dress according to the Champipnship team's wishes. If Clemson makes it, she must don overalls and a hat and if the coots make it, I have to wear a some nice slacks, a buttin down shirt, and a tie. Ghey, I know, but that's how they roll.

I'm must be missing something. Are you the one married to a Vandy girl?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wear team attire. No dressing up like im going to a ball dance.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least you don't need to worry about dressing up any time soon.

that's why I took the deal. And at the time we made the deal, Spurrier wasn't even around so it was a definite winner for me.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I dress for is the weather. Shorts and a jersey or jeans and a hoodie or 10 fucking layers. UVA is the feg school that wears ties and sways back and forth with each other if they ever score.

uvadouchebags.jpg

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Enough said.

Last edited by a moderator:

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First few games it's 100 degrees, so shorts and burnt orange shirt. When it cools down, jeans and burnt orange shirt.

It is nice watching all the young ladies in a burnt orange wisp of a short dress, not much else except a pair of boots.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First few games it's 100 degrees, so shorts and burnt orange shirt. When it cools down, jeans and burnt orange shirt.

It is nice watching all the young ladies in a burnt orange wisp of a short dress, not much else except a pair of boots.

sounds a lot like Clemson. First few games are usually in the 90's and the girls wear those same wispy dresses you speak of with boots. It's hawt!!

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First women's dress code very different than men's.

Secondly it depends on where you sit. If in a box slacks and button down (sometimes blazer), if club level slacks or very nice jeans and polo (no t-shirt). If general population then temperature comes into play and shorts work in the heat. Personally I don't do t-shirts because it's slobby for the tailgates but don't really care what others do.

Third under no condition is it acceptable for a grown man over the age of 18 to wear a jersey period and it's not for discussion.

Fourth if you wear Crocs you're gay anyway.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Secondly it depends on where you sit. If in a box slacks and button down (sometimes blazer), if club level slacks or very nice jeans and polo (no t-shirt). If general population then temperature comes into play and shorts work in the heat. Personally I don't do t-shirts because it's slobby for the tailgates but don't really care what others do.

Third under no condition is it acceptable for a grown man over the age of 18 to wear a jersey period and it's not for discussion.

Damn, you and I aren't probably gonna be hanging out. I don't own a jersey but if I did, I think I'd wear it. And crocs make great shoes for messin around on the river. You can get em wet and save your feet from random rocks and clam shells on the river bottom along the banks. Pretty good gardenin' shoes too. But under no circumstance would I wear them to a game or to wal mart for that matter.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wear jerseys to hockey games. Rarely wear a Dawgs jersey to a Dawgs game, but have from time to time.

At Vandy we wore Khakis, whit button down, tie (70s). At UGa (80s), same thing but red tie. I've gotten lazy in my old age ... Khakis and a Dawgs golf shirt, or a sweatshirt for fleece if it is cool.