• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DRE'MONT JONES!!!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would expect us to cut the following

Ronald Darby
Graham Glasgow
Chase Edmonds
Mike Purcell

That will give us plenty of extra money.
yea to 2 so far

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Purcell is redoing his contract.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the moment Purcell got into Wilson’s face he entered himself to an entire fanbase. Perhaps one of the most cheer-able moments in the entire season?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I did think about this. He re-did it last year and if you recall this year he and Tomlinson took released on roster cutdown day to protect two guys going on IR... I am fine if Purcell comes back at a reduced contract but his play also has declined the last two years so I don't want to depend on him as much as we did after he signed his original contract.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Courtland is pouting on twitter

maybe he will be traded for a bag of Dortitos

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did think about this. He re-did it last year and if you recall this year he and Tomlinson took released on roster cutdown day to protect two guys going on IR... I am fine if Purcell comes back at a reduced contract but his play also has declined the last two years so I don't want to depend on him as much as we did after he signed his original contract.
LOL - I don't think Purcell has slipped much in his skills - maybe what shows up to you is his giving himself up on plays to make Dre'Mont Jones kook good. ;)

What I think is definitely going on is a shift of resources from defense to offense. Good for Sean Payton and not so good for Vance Joseph.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with Mingo. The shift is on. Blow it up.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - I don't think Purcell has slipped much in his skills - maybe what shows up to you is his giving himself up on plays to make Dre'Mont Jones kook good. ;)

What I think is definitely going on is a shift of resources from defense to offense. Good for Sean Payton and not so good for Vance Joseph.

I do think Purcell has slipped. He is still decent though. There is a reason we have asked him to take paycuts the last two seasons.

Without a doubt we need to put more into the offense this year then the defense. Everyone know that. The offense has been awful for awhile now and a smart coach like Payton knows he needs to fix the OL to make Wilson better. There are things on the defense where we can give up a bit to make our offense better while still keeping our defense up to par, IMO. Cutting Darby was one, trading Chubb and not locking up Miller are some of the resources we gave way of to help the offense (we did lock up Gregory but made his contract easy to move on from whenever if we want to where we couldn't do that with Miller or Chubb. Perhaps not budging on a long term Singleton deal after a great season, that stuff makes sense to me. Losing Dre'Mont for nothing, I will never agree with that. You can say everything you want about this move but I am never going to be ok with it.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we will lose Dre'Mont.. I guess 3 top targets for me would be:

Zach Allen , 3-4 DE, Cardinals (Prefer Dre'Mont but he is the rebound pick up, Like him coming out of BC. Drafted him in most of my mocks 4 years ago. Not Dre'Mont but like others have mentioned he is a good cheaper option, although not cheap cheap, just cheaper)

Kaleb McGary, OT, Falcons ( I think he is a great fit for what we will be offering the OT position and I think it will be easier to obtain and complete with the market for him compared to some of the other top OT's) I think this is a guy we will REALLY pitch hard in FA.

CJ Gardner-Johnson, S, Eagles (Maybe more wishful thinking then anything but with us likely moving on from Kareem, safety is a spot we need to look in FA, IMO... We have some young safeties who can help us with depth and development, but CJ is a Payton guy and while he is coming off a great season in Philly and will cost perhaps more then we will want to pay for a S since we have Simmons on the other side it does help that he played under our coaching staff)

After that maybe a solid but not pricey RB

Damien Harris, RB, Patriots

Ethan Pocic, OG

With no pick until round 3 we are also going to have to get some of those sneaky, not fancy but plug and play free agents... Perhaps another not overally priced Edge rusher. Not likely Bud Dupree or Leonard Floyd but maybe something like a Markus Golden Duke Riley.

We have a lot of work to do and Denver isn't a real attractive place for Free Agents after our last 7 seasons so it is going to take money and some smart thinking/evaluating on some bargains who out play their contract.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won't sign Gardner-Johnson that is more of a pipe dream for me... We will probably replace Dre'Mont and throw money on the OL and fill the rest with second/3rd tier free agents who we think fit what Payton does and hope we can get them to out play their contract.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't blow it up. We have a lot of good pieces here.

Really, if you think about it if we can fix the OL and grab a decent healthy RB our offense is actually pretty darn good (on paper/if healthy) assuming Russ makes the WR's all they can be.

For a bad team we are messy yet we aren't. It all falls into if Russell can bounce back and if we can give him the OL he needs to be successful. and fill in the gaps.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We may have to lock this thread once Dre'Mont is officially gone. I don't know if I can handle seeing his name.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos aren't a destination team for free agency, but the Broncos have to be betting that certain guys will be willing to come to Denver because of Sean Payton (let's get the old gang back together) and Vance Joseph (let's sign Zach Allen and sign an Oline starter with the money left over from not signing Dre'Mont Jones). At least it's a plan.

Reactions: LGM

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Draft Crazy @Mingo Not tagging all Bronco fans but all are welcome to respond. I just wanted to hear your opinons on Jones.
The Browns have a huge need at IDL, have for years and Woods refused to make this a need for many years. Now with Schwartz in CLE he always loves his DL and IDL inparticular.
What are your thoughts on Jones? Next to Garrett will help? Is he worth $16-$20M/year. I just think that is too much for him and for the Browns. Watched him a ton at Ohio St but I will be honest, not much in the NFL

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Draft Crazy @Mingo Not tagging all Bronco fans but all are welcome to respond. I just wanted to hear your opinons on Jones.
The Browns have a huge need at IDL, have for years and Woods refused to make this a need for many years. Now with Schwartz in CLE he always loves his DL and IDL inparticular.
What are your thoughts on Jones? Next to Garrett will help? Is he worth $16-$20M/year. I just think that is too much for him and for the Browns. Watched him a ton at Ohio St but I will be honest, not much in the NFL

Jones is great. He would be a beast with Garrett. I am probably higher than anyone on Jones to be fair but REALLY REALLY good signing if you can add him with Jarrett.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Da'Ron Payne got a 4 year, 90 m dollar deal today from the Commanders. That is 22.5 m per year.

Jones has about a .0001% chance to come back here, IMO.

Should have tagged him and at least traded him if we didn't want to lock him up for what he is worth on the market.