• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dreger - Sharks after Turris

snowsurfer13sss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I sure hope DW pulls the trigger on a 3rd liner sooner rather that later.. Anyways i feel terrible for Handzus! With a real 3rd liner could really boost Handzus's production a ton.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yotes expected to announce a 2 year deal with Turris.

It will be interesting to see what happens now. With the Yotes playing fairly well I can't imagine Maloney wants to add a guy to the lockerroom who doesn't want to be there.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
2 year deal with a $1.4m cap hit.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Phoenix would trade him to a division rival (at least not at a reasonable cost). Who needs a center? Calgary, Columbus, Buffalo?

After all of this I would be suprised if he 'fits' into that locker room any more.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I doubt Phoenix would trade him to a division rival (at least not at a reasonable cost). Who needs a center? Calgary, Columbus, Buffalo?

After all of this I would be suprised if he 'fits' into that locker room any more.

I believe he's played RW as well as center.

I agree it would take an overpayment from DWil to land him. With Rozsival missing all but one game with a concussion and no timetable for his return Phoenix is probably in the market for a puck moving dman. That makes them a pretty good match as trading partners for San Jose. I'm not saying I'd like a deal that revolves around Demers/Braun for Turris but it's definately a fit as far as team needs go.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he's played RW as well as center.

I agree it would take an overpayment from DWil to land him. With Rozsival missing all but one game with a concussion and no timetable for his return Phoenix is probably in the market for a puck moving dman. That makes them a pretty good match as trading partners for San Jose. I'm not saying I'd like a deal that revolves around Demers/Braun for Turris but it's definately a fit as far as team needs go.

In a scenario where you had to give up 1 of the 2, who would you trade?

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't really paid enough attention to Turris to know what he's worth. But I would be hesitant about moving either of Demers/Braun. I know Demers is in the doghouse now but he was playing really well at the end of last season.

If DWil really thought that Turris could break out here it would be worth it but I would hate to see him come over just to put up 10 goals again.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Tough choice because I like them both, but probably Demers. Just because of the way he's played to start the season, and Braun's improvement.
I actually don't think I'd trade either of them for Turris. I'd hold out till closer to the deadline and get someone better.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough choice because I like them both, but probably Demers. Just because of the way he's played to start the season, and Braun's improvement.
I actually don't think I'd trade either of them for Turris. I'd hold out till closer to the deadline and get someone better.

I wouldn't trade either for Turris. I agree, hold out for someone better and proven. I don't think the Sharks have the assets to acquire anything more than a pending UFA. That means not trading away Demers or Braun. Turris is for a rebuilding team, not for a Cup contender imo.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:think: so what type of player should Dougie Boy look for ? :think:

- Center / Winger

A- scorer w/ speed and PK abilities

B- grinder w/ speed and PK abilities

C- all of the above

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trade either for Turris. I agree, hold out for someone better and proven. I don't think the Sharks have the assets to acquire anything more than a pending UFA. That means not trading away Demers or Braun. Turris is for a rebuilding team, not for a Cup contender imo.

The Sharks still have their first round pick to give up!

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

It would depend on the real reason Demers is spending so much time in the pressbox. If he's there only because he's being outplayed by Braun at the moment then I wouldn't trade either of them for Turris. If Demers is in the PB because of other issues (conditioning/attitude) as well as being outplayed by Braun then he'd be the one to deal IMO.