• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dreger - Sharks after Turris

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Intermission report during the Flames/Nucks game. Darren Dreger reported that San Jose is one of eight teams trying to aquire Turris. Sens, Flames, Caps, Leafs, and Blue Jackets are the ones I remember.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what the Sharks have that PHX would want, and that the Sharks are willing to give up. He seems more like a piece that a rebuilding team would want, not a Cup contender.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
seems kind of a stupid rumor really, Maloney has already stated repeatedly he's not trading Turris. Dougie cant really throw an offer sheet that way either.

recon

FLYERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nucks?

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems kind of a stupid rumor really, Maloney has already stated repeatedly he's not trading Turris. Dougie cant really throw an offer sheet that way either.

+1

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather keep the draft picks and prospects. If there are eight teams going after the guy, the price will be too steep. This team is light on prospects as it is.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I would guess he's trying to address the 3rd line scoring earlier this season than he did last. Dougie tried to sign Jagr, Vrbata, and Gagne this offseason to try and fill that need. Now he's forced to look for trade options.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is there a possibility that we can just put brent burns on offense and call up braun I mean how bad could that really be to do that because brent burns can score goals but he's completely garbage on defense. I mean I'm saying we still need to give him a chance at D but if it doesn't work than maybe??

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is there a possibility that we can just put brent burns on offense and call up braun I mean how bad could that really be to do that because brent burns can score goals but he's completely garbage on defense. I mean I'm saying we still need to give him a chance at D but if it doesn't work than maybe??

There's a possibility, but it would have to be in-between slim and none in my humble opinion. DWil just signed him to a huge extension to be a rockstar on defense. Burns is a good kid, but I have to imagine that no matter how Wilson/McLellan tried to sell it (i.e. - be a team player, our scoring depth sucks up front), that it would hurt his psyche and his development as a defenseman in the long run. Even though some of his plays have made me :dizzy:, he has shown signs of progress in the defensive zone from the beginning of the season. I think the Sharks just have to ride the wave right now and hope that Burns can keep taking strides into being the type of defenseman his skill sets would allow him to be (in the Norris arena) if he were to reach his potential. Also, I think the Sharks need Burns more on defense than they need him up front. The Sharks defense was lacking in three areas last year that were exposed by Vancouver: speed, toughness and offensive ability. Burns happens to have all three.....now he just needs to learn how to pull his head out of his arse in the neutral and d-zones, lol.

So in essence, what you're saying dave isn't necessarily a bad idea.....I just don't think it will happen any time soon. But who knows, crazier things have happened.

Mordin145

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Is it new system that is making Burns lousy or was he this bad, I thought he's a solid d man in terms of defense for the wilds.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has to be the system!
Wonder what PHX would ask for to get Turris?

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it new system that is making Burns lousy or was he this bad, I thought he's a solid d man in terms of defense for the wilds.

No it's not the system he's just a terrible defenseman. I wonder if it's too late to turn around and trade him for someone who actually knows how to play hockey his own zone.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor from the non-reliable one that Niitty may be headed to Columbus.

As for Turris, no thanks. The kid thinks he's worth a ton of money and hasn't done shit. I don't care how much potential he has.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

As for Turris, no thanks. The kid thinks he's worth a ton of money and hasn't done shit. I don't care how much potential he has.

According to his agent Turris is only looking for a $1.5m - $2.0m per deal. He asked for a ton from the Yotes because he thought it would force them to move him.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Does columbus have anything of value? a 2nd rounder would be nice consiering how bad Columbus blows...

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does columbus have anything of value? a 2nd rounder would be nice consiering how bad Columbus blows...

I don't think so LW, but I'd take a 3rd Rounder (pretty much a late 2nd rounder) and the cap relief. I really like Niitty, but the guy is just too injury prone.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to his agent Turris is only looking for a $1.5m - $2.0m per deal. He asked for a ton from the Yotes because he thought it would force them to move him.

No offense Cmon, but that sounds stupid on his agents part. Why not just demand a trade due to wanting to play for a contender? Asking for more money (almost double what he really wants according to you) seems like it would scare potential suitors away. I don't know if I buy that.....if it is the case, then I think that Turris should fire his agent.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No offense Cmon, but that sounds stupid on his agents part. Why not just demand a trade due to wanting to play for a contender? Asking for more money (almost double what he really wants according to you) seems like it would scare potential suitors away. I don't know if I buy that.....if it is the case, then I think that Turris should fire his agent.

I agree. His agent is coming across like an idiot through this entire thing. Probably the reason his agent came out and explained the details for his contract demands was to try and attract more intrest. Maloney claims he won't even consider trading Turris until he signs a market value contract with Pheonix. We'll see what happens but I think something will get done before the Dec 1st deadline.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't think so LW, but I'd take a 3rd Rounder (pretty much a late 2nd rounder) and the cap relief. I really like Niitty, but the guy is just too injury prone.

Totally agree. Would give Wilson some more cap room to trade for a 3rd line forward before the deadline.