• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dream Scenario (and not too unreasonable)

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston takes Bridgewater at #1...
Cleveland is convinced we will take Watkins or Matthews and that Jacksonville will go QB. They want to make sure they get the QB they want, so they trade #4 and #26 and 3rd in 2015 to get #2.

Then we sit at #4 and Atlanta is convinced we will take Matthews or Watkins and is convinced Oakland would take Clowney. So they trade #6 and #37 to move up to #4.

Then we sit at #6 and STILL have our choice of Watkins or Matthews and will have added an extra 1st AND an extra 2nd.

#6 Watkins WR
#13 Cameron Erving OT
#26 Ra'Shede Hageman DT
#37 Craig Loston S
#44 Loucheiz Purifoy CB
#75 Jackson Jeffcoat OLB

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
taht would be unreal, i mean if it happens awesome for u, but that would take some luck

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not really honestly... we know Cleveland has their eye on a QB (probably Manziel or Bortles), they will want to make sure Jax does not get the guy that they want MOST.

Same for Atlanta...it is more than public knowledge that they WANT Clowney. But, so does Oakland.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've laid out a similar situation elsewhere where the Rams traded with Tampa Bay instead of Atlanta. It also slightly depends on how the Colts fair in the playoffs. If they lose today the Rams may be getting a 4th as opposed to a 3rd. Either way a heck of an opportunity.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland is convinced we will take Watkins or Matthews and that Jacksonville will go QB. They want to make sure they get the QB they want, so they trade #4 and #26 and 3rd in 2015 to get #2.

Then we sit at #4 and Atlanta is convinced we will take Matthews or Watkins and is convinced Oakland would take Clowney. So they trade #6 and #37 to move up to #4.

Then we sit at #6 and STILL have our choice of Watkins or Matthews and will have added an extra 1st AND an extra 2nd.

#6 Watkins WR
#13 Cameron Erving OT
#26 Ra'Shede Hageman DT
#37 Craig Loston S
#44 Loucheiz Purifoy CB
#75 Jackson Jeffcoat OLB

yes i have thought about that trade possibility too. like you said its not that crazy. and you might trade back from 13 too lol.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've laid out a similar situation elsewhere where the Rams traded with Tampa Bay instead of Atlanta. It also slightly depends on how the Colts fair in the playoffs. If they lose today the Rams may be getting a 4th as opposed to a 3rd. Either way a heck of an opportunity.

its 4th...colts sucking really bad :lol:

i guess Luck and Payton are cut from the same cloth :wtf2:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I missing something?? Why does how Indy plays effect anything with our draft? And are you talking this year or next year or what?

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my scenario, I talked about Cleveland's 3rd rounder in 2015, not this year.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I missing something?? Why does how Indy plays effect anything with our draft? And are you talking this year or next year or what?

You said Cleveland would give the Rams #4 and #26. The Colts pick(#26) is dependent on their playoff performance.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right but we would still be getting both picks wherever they end up...so it does not matter where Indy finishes really. We still would get Clevelands pick at #4 and their pick from Indy wherever it ends up.

And my scenario just got a bit more plausible since Brett Hundley is staying in school. Now Jacksonville, Cleveland and Houston must make sure they get the QB they want and not wait until the 2nd round.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point on Indy was that if they win some games their pick will be less valuable. If they'd lost they'd be picking around #23 which is worth more than if they end up around #29. The value difference could be the difference between getting an additional 3rd or an additional 4th.

It wasn't much more than a minor detail.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FREE AGENT SIGNING-- Safety TJ Ward from the Browns

6. K. Mack OLB Buffalo
10. D. Dennard CB Mi St.
27. G. Jackson G Miss St.
37 C. Richardson G Baylor
44. A. Johnson DT LSU
75. A. Williams RB Boston College
110. S. Henderson OT Miami
RD 5 S. Evans WR UCLA
CUT-- Finnegan, Dahl, Wells, Langford 23m savings.

I think with this strategy you obvious improve the defense to which should be a top 5 defense in the league. Look really no weakness on the D. This defense has the potential to create many turnovers and set up the offense with great field position. I think with these hugh improvement at both guard spots our running game will get stronger which will as we seen this season help our passing game. our offensive line will be able to set the tone of games kinda like the niners. and with super Sam back will help our young WR'S. adding another powerful RB in the 3rd rd to team with Stacy will just punish defenses and wear them down and once again set up the pass. With Long and Barksdale at the tackles and a 4th rd OT for depth our line should be much more powerful and nasty. I think Austin, Givins, Cook, Bailey, Pettis, Quick Kendricks can move the chains with this Oline and running game. and with that D we will only need 14 points a game lol.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#6 Watkins WR
#13 Cameron Erving OT
#26 Ra'Shede Hageman DT
#37 Craig Loston S
#44 Loucheiz Purifoy CB
#75 Jackson Jeffcoat OLB

Erving replaces Saffold but the line really doesn't get better.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I'd like the Rams to stay where they are and pick the best player available for a change. They do this trading down nonsense, which sounds good in theory, I.e., more picks, but using this strategy hasn't gotten them out of last place or even to being a .500 team.

Doesn't matter how many picks you have or what position you draft from if you make lousy picks.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I'd like the Rams to stay where they are and pick the best player available for a change. They do this trading down nonsense, which sounds good in theory, I.e., more picks, but using this strategy hasn't gotten them out of last place or even to being a .500 team.

Doesn't matter how many picks you have or what position you draft from if you make lousy picks.

I use to hate the idea of trading back to until we moved back from 6 to 14 and got Brockers and i was like oh dang lol. getting more picks at least increase your chances of hitting on picks. if they make bad picks thats on them.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are a player or 2 from breaking through I agree, if you are the worst team in the league 1 guy won't fix it. The Rams had so little talent that they had to trade back 2 years ago. This year may be different, the kicker however is at #2 I would take Matthews who could also be gotten at #4 or #5.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FREE AGENT SIGNING-- Safety TJ Ward from the Browns

6. K. Mack OLB Buffalo
10. D. Dennard CB Mi St.
27. G. Jackson G Miss St.
37 C. Richardson G Baylor
44. A. Johnson DT LSU
75. A. Williams RB Boston College
110. S. Henderson OT Miami
RD 5 S. Evans WR UCLA
CUT-- Finnegan, Dahl, Wells, Langford 23m savings.

I think with this strategy you obvious improve the defense to which should be a top 5 defense in the league. Look really no weakness on the D. This defense has the potential to create many turnovers and set up the offense with great field position. I think with these hugh improvement at both guard spots our running game will get stronger which will as we seen this season help our passing game. our offensive line will be able to set the tone of games kinda like the niners. and with super Sam back will help our young WR'S. adding another powerful RB in the 3rd rd to team with Stacy will just punish defenses and wear them down and once again set up the pass. With Long and Barksdale at the tackles and a 4th rd OT for depth our line should be much more powerful and nasty. I think Austin, Givins, Cook, Bailey, Pettis, Quick Kendricks can move the chains with this Oline and running game. and with that D we will only need 14 points a game lol.
drool = draft pick or FA signing

DE C.Long, DT A. Johnson :drool:, DT M. Brockers, DE R.Quinn

CB D. Dennard :drool: OLB A. Ogletree, ILB J. Laurinaitis, OLB K. Mack :drool: CB J. Jenkins

S. TJ MCDonald S. TJ Ward :drool: ( CB T.Johnson in Nickel Laurinaitis goes out)

OT J.Long, G C.Richardson :drool:, C. B. Jones, G. G. Jackson :drool:, OT J. Barksdale TE. Cook

WR. C. Givins WR T.Austin WR. S. Bailey, WR. B. Quick, WR.A. Pettis TE L. Kendricks
RB. Z.Stacy RB A.Williams :drool:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think a better way to go would be franchise Saffold and have him as a starting OG, draft another OG in the 5th or 6th round. There is no way possible Fisher will take 2 OG's in the first 37 picks. Granted, I see where you go by signing TJ Ward, but I still think another safety would need to be drafted late (Ty Zimmerman, Sean Parker) for depth. I love the Seantrel Henderson pick.. another guy you could go with there would be Cornelius Lucas from KSU.

I am going to try something with no trades but assuming we resign Saffold and sign TJ Ward...I will post the simulation shortly

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OLB ANTHONY BARR
UCLA
CB JASON VERRETT
TCU
G GABE JACKSON