• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dream Scenario (and not too unreasonable)

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think a better way to go would be franchise Saffold and have him as a starting OG, draft another OG in the 5th or 6th round. There is no way possible Fisher will take 2 OG's in the first 37 picks. Granted, I see where you go by signing TJ Ward, but I still think another safety would need to be drafted late (Ty Zimmerman, Sean Parker) for depth. I love the Seantrel Henderson pick.. another guy you could go with there would be Cornelius Lucas from KSU.

I am going to try something with no trades but assuming we resign Saffold and sign TJ Ward...I will post the simulation shortly

I just don't think franchising Saffold will be the way the Rams go. it would cost them 10m guaranteed for one year of service. they really can't afford that not to mention Saffold can't stay on the field. if they draft a guard in the second rd it will cost approx 4m over 4 years and have that player locked up for 4 years. thats only 1m the first year vs 10m. I didn't use the 7th rd pick i wouldn't have a problem drafting a safety for depth he would probably be a good special teams player too. I really don't know much about Henderson so best tackle available would be fine just for depth. If fisher gets two defensive studs with the 1st rd picks and a FA safety he should be able to see the Oline is the only glaring weakness especially with cutting Dahl, Wells. this is how the 49ers built a nasty Oline with top picks. who knows he might do it lol.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OLB ANTHONY BARR
UCLA
CB JASON VERRETT
TCU
G GABE JACKSON
MISSISSIPPI STATE
WR BRANDON COLEMAN
RUTGERS
DT CALVIN BARNETT
OKLAHOMA STATE
S TERRENCE BROOKS
FLORIDA STATE
OT CORNELIUS LUCAS
KANSAS STATE
QB LOGAN THOMAS
VIRGINIA TECH

I like it. Brooks looks like he will be a good player for sure. I haven't seen to much of Verrett his size scares me going up against all these big NFL WR'S but they say he makes up for it.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are Barr and Mack players that can play the Sam? I was under the impression they are 3-4 outside pass rushers... which again, doesn't really fit our team... I could be wrong though I'm not an expert on these guys

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are Barr and Mack players that can play the Sam? I was under the impression they are 3-4 outside pass rushers... which again, doesn't really fit our team... I could be wrong though I'm not an expert on these guys

Barr might fit better in a 3-4 but could probably work in a 4-3. Mack would fit good as a Sam he can even put his hand in the dirt if necessary. to me he is slightly bigger then Ogletree but even faster and will never come off the field like Ogletree because he can cover too. like Ogletree he is a turnover machine led college football with forced fumbles. teams next year will be game planing for Ogletree it would be hard to game plan for both of them.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FREE AGENT SIGNING-- Safety TJ Ward from the Browns

6. K. Mack OLB Buffalo
10. D. Dennard CB Mi St.
27. G. Jackson G Miss St.

CUT-- Finnegan, Dahl, Wells, Langford 23m savings.

I think Austin, Givins, Cook, Bailey, Pettis, Quick Kendricks can move the chains with this Oline and running game. and with that D we will only need 14 points a game lol.

I love the cuts! I also like the players you have us drafting in the 1st round (not sure how we get those overalls... guess it includes two trades sorry if it says it somewhere else).

But I have concerns about Mack's position (read my above post). I do like Dennard and I love Jackson but though he was move slotted for our pick in round 2.

You're comment about our receivers and our running game, I'm sorry I just don't have the faith. I like the season Stacey had and liked him out of college but I'm not sure if he is the answer, I'll have a lot more confidence with two seasons of productivity. )I just now am giving Lynch my approval again, there was a few shaky seasons before he re-broke out in Seattle, so I needed the time to make sure it was real.) And I'm also the first person who criticizes drafting WRs in the first (I complained when we drafted Austin - felt better then we still got Ogletree in the first) but Watkins is something different, and with his skill set, I think it would give Sam the best chance to succeed. I'm already pretty confident in the D - so if we can grab a starter in FA and a player or two in the draft I'm okay with that, I rather go offense with [most of] the beginning of this draft tbh.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barr might fit better in a 3-4 but could probably work in a 4-3. Mack would fit good as a Sam he can even put his hand in the dirt if necessary. to me he is slightly bigger then Ogletree but even faster and will never come off the field like Ogletree because he can cover too. like Ogletree he is a turnover machine led college football with forced fumbles. teams next year will be game planing for Ogletree it would be hard to game plan for both of them.

Mack has coverage abilities? And when you say put his hand in the dirt, (and play like an end), isn't that a pass rushing attribute? Not that a great pass rusher is a bad thing, I'm just not sure if it should be the pick when maybe we can grab a player like Mosley, who I feel might be a better fit for the team and help with the run-d (which I think is weaker than the pass-d, I think in the 2nd round if we grab Joyer from FSU to play S that will help strengthen our whole D)

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way do I go NEAR LaMarcus Joyner... dude is the same size as Tavon and you expect he will be a hard hitting Safety in the NFL... no way. If we are talking the first 3 rounds, you are only talking Clinton-Dix, Loston, Bailey,Pryor,Buchanon,Dixon or Boston... only safeties over 6'0" need apply please and thank you.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kid plays really tough I like him, as for what round he gets drafted I thought I saw mocks having him in rounds 2-3, if he's available in later rounds, so be it. I honestly don't know what round he should be drafted in as I haven't scouted all the D backs in the draft

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everything that I'm reading says Barr resembles Von Miller and Mack is similar to Terrell Suggs. They would be better off in a 3-4, but both are talented enough to play outside in a 4-3. CJ Mosely would be another OLB that would be a good choice. Any one of these guys would immediately improve our defense. and will go in the top 15.

Last edited by a moderator:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the cuts! I also like the players you have us drafting in the 1st round (not sure how we get those overalls... guess it includes two trades sorry if it says it somewhere else).

But I have concerns about Mack's position (read my above post). I do like Dennard and I love Jackson but though he was move slotted for our pick in round 2.

You're comment about our receivers and our running game, I'm sorry I just don't have the faith. I like the season Stacey had and liked him out of college but I'm not sure if he is the answer, I'll have a lot more confidence with two seasons of productivity. )I just now am giving Lynch my approval again, there was a few shaky seasons before he re-broke out in Seattle, so I needed the time to make sure it was real.) And I'm also the first person who criticizes drafting WRs in the first (I complained when we drafted Austin - felt better then we still got Ogletree in the first) but Watkins is something different, and with his skill set, I think it would give Sam the best chance to succeed. I'm already pretty confident in the D - so if we can grab a starter in FA and a player or two in the draft I'm okay with that, I rather go offense with [most of] the beginning of this draft tbh.

Yes your right I had us trading back to 4 with the Browns so they could get a QB then We traded back to 6 so ATL wanted Clowney. So we got pick 26 and ATL 2nd rd pick. I had the Rams move up to 10 to grab Dennard for our 6th rd pick. I didnt think he would make it to us at 13.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything that I'm reading says Barr resembles Von Miller and Mack is similar to Terrell Suggs. They would be better off in a 3-4, but both are talented enough to play outside in a 4-3. CJ Mosely would be another OLB that would be a good choice. Any one of these guys would immediately improve our defense. and will go in the top 15.

ill take a young Terrell Suggs every time please lol. good comparison.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack has coverage abilities? And when you say put his hand in the dirt, (and play like an end), isn't that a pass rushing attribute? Not that a great pass rusher is a bad thing, I'm just not sure if it should be the pick when maybe we can grab a player like Mosley, who I feel might be a better fit for the team and help with the run-d (which I think is weaker than the pass-d, I think in the 2nd round if we grab Joyer from FSU to play S that will help strengthen our whole D)

When I say he has coverage ability I mean he will never have to come off the field even in Nickel. Dunbar would have to come off last year. Like Ogletree he has elite speed for the position. JL would actually come off the field in nickel coverage which would help him stay fresh. Think about how far our defense would have come adding skill playmakers since Fisher got here when JL doesn't even stay on the field all the time.

im not sold on the running game either Stacy is good but thats why i drafted a RB in the 3rd rd to use with Stacy. a punishing back that will wear down the D and set up the pass.

Last edited by a moderator:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not sold on the running game either Stacy is good but thats why i drafted a RB in the 3rd rd to use with Stacy. a punishing back that will wear down the D and set up the pass.

I have the perfect day 3 guy to compliment our OTHER day 3 star in the making in the backfield. Go look at film on Antonio Andrews from Western Kentucky. Dude is 6'1", 209 lbs and would be the perfect compliment to Stacy (and DR26 for that matter). Once DR is healthy, they can use DR like Sproles. Hell, let him return kickoffs once they let Pead go.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have the perfect day 3 guy to compliment our OTHER day 3 star in the making in the backfield. Go look at film on Antonio Andrews from Western Kentucky. Dude is 6'1", 209 lbs and would be the perfect compliment to Stacy (and DR26 for that matter). Once DR is healthy, they can use DR like Sproles. Hell, let him return kickoffs once they let Pead go.

Yeah RB's are much easier to get later on in the draft especially since none will go in the first rd. picking a WR in the 3rd and a RB in the 4th or 5th might even be better.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes if we miss on Watkins or Evans, Kelvin Benjamin should be there in the 3rd...I like him a lot too..

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am noticing that about Benjamin lately shopson... maybe we might look at him at #13. I would be ok with Matthews and Benjamin out of the 1st round, then look at S, DT and OLB in the next 3 rounds..

But I would prefer Watkins and then an OT at #13... just sayin

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am noticing that about Benjamin lately shopson... maybe we might look at him at #13. I would be ok with Matthews and Benjamin out of the 1st round, then look at S, DT and OLB in the next 3 rounds..

But I would prefer Watkins and then an OT at #13... just sayin

As would most of us I think. I would prefer a trade down, take Watkins, then an OT (or Mosley) with their own pick.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK... so I just did a mock on fanspeak projecting the trades discussed at the beginning of the thread (We trade down to 4 and Cleveland gives the #26 with it and then we go from #4 to #6 and Atlanta throws in a 2nd)... and here is what I came up with:

6 Jake Matthews OT Texas A&M
13 Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo
26 Kelvin Benjamin WR Florida St
37 David Yankey OG Stanford
44 Craig Loston S LSU
75 Andre Williams RB Boston College
106 Daniel McCullers DT Tennessee
141 David Fales QB San Jose St
172 Ty Zimmerman S Kansas St
201 Pierre Desir CB/S Lindenwood University

Needless to say, I would be VERY happy with this draft.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ksu - That would be a perfect draft! We would all mourn missing out on Sammy Watkins but I believe everybody in your draft would make our team!