• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft talk time

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tracy Walker 900k

He deserves another year and it's quite possible his last to prove last years performance was attributed to scheme and not his normal play style that he exhibited in 2019. He was coming on the last half of 2019 as the FS until Harmon was brought in and Harris started before Walker.

T. Walker can bounce back in 2021, imo, given the right usage and new DC/position coach.

Matt Patricia misused that kid.

If T. Walker leaves, he'll just go somewhere else and perform for another team just like he did in 2019 and it'll be the Diggs situation all over again. imo.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So here is my ?

What if these players who opted out (Micah Parsons) opt out again in 2021? Imagine drafting a player who opted out and then chooses to opt out again. Would be a huge bummer.
I never even considered this. I would like to think that at least the early round picks are unlikely to as they would be sitting out for millions of dollars. It is not like no NFL players sat out the year though.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He deserves another year and it's quite possible his last to prove last years performance was attributed to scheme and not his normal play style that he exhibited in 2019. He was coming on the last half of 2019 as the FS until Harmon was brought in and Harris started before Walker.

T. Walker can bounce back in 2021, imo, given the right usage and new DC/position coach.

Matt Patricia misused that kid.

If T. Walker leaves, he'll just go somewhere else and perform for another team just like he did in 2019 and it'll be the Diggs situation all over again. imo.
I still like Walker a lot, I am not sure we can take anything from this year as any kind of future indicator. I think you are right he returns to 2019 or better version

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never even considered this. I would like to think that at least the early round picks are unlikely to as they would be sitting out for millions of dollars. It is not like no NFL players sat out the year though.

I would hope not. But the NFL can’t make them play. Say a guy is drafted, signed, then we have another covid scare or whatever and players start opting out again.

Lots of uncertainty unfortunately.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hope not. But the NFL can’t make them play. Say a guy is drafted, signed, then we have another covid scare or whatever and players start opting out again.

Lots of uncertainty unfortunately.
I suppose in this sense the Lions are fortunate, they are looking at a complete rebuild, so a star player sitting out is helpful for us.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then we have another covid scare

I'll assume Goodell will wave his magic wand and these players will receive their inoculations by May or June at the latest.

Big Money outweighs the little people who pay these billionaires to "survive".

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll assume Goodell will wave his magic wand and these players will receive their inoculations by May or June at the latest.

Big Money outweighs the little people who pay these billionaires to "survive".

Because right now I want Micah Parsons. I want that tough nosed leader in the middle of the D. Watching Devin White play makes me envious.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because right now I want Micah Parsons. I want that tough nosed leader in the middle of the D. Watching Devin White play makes me envious.

I have been all about Parsons on here. I do wonder if the new Character concerns are legit, or an attempt to make him fall in the draft.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Devin White play makes me envious.

If the Lions had drafted D. White there is no guarantee he would've become this good. Different scheme, shitty HC/ DC, wouldn't have had those players up front or behind him. Also, having LaVonte David as a mentor had to pay huge dividends.

White was nearly J. Davis while in college. Tackles at the clavicle, missed assignments, over-pursue, too fast at times, out of balance and the list goes on.

Lions would've ruined the kid.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do wonder if the new Character concerns are legit, or an attempt to make him fall in the draft.

It could be both.

The kid who brought up the so-called charges is a son of a former NFL player. Some coaches and even teammates were stating sour grapes etc. for not starting/playing. IDK.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been all about Parsons on here. I do wonder if the new Character concerns are legit, or an attempt to make him fall in the draft.

Haven’t heard yet. What’s the bad news?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven’t heard yet. What’s the bad news?

He was named in a hazing lawsuit. Apparently it all went too far. However, Lavar Arrington lost his damn mind when he heard people said Parsons had character issues. It seems like, at this point, it was a throw in for a suit that was ultimately dismissed.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was named in a hazing lawsuit. Apparently it all went too far. However, Lavar Arrington lost his damn mind when he heard people said Parsons had character issues. It seems like, at this point, it was a throw in for a suit that was ultimately dismissed.

Hazing? Meh.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say one thing though in that I do not value an inside or outside LB that high at No.7 regardless of his potential, outside of that player is one of two or three prospects, that could possibly move a team forward now for a playoff run in the next 2-4 years.
The rest of the teams positions would have to look secure at that time (contracts, depth etc.)

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hazing? Meh.
From what I have found, the claim is: Parsons dumped water on another player, the player responded by pouring Gatorade on Parsons, it escalated to a fight, other kid was losing and pulled a knife on Parsons. He then filed a suit against Penn State. Seems strange to pull a knife, and then sue......

Outside of that he had to transfer schools in High School for a brawl in a cafeteria, and people got super butt hurt he tweeted mean things about Haskins.

I don't care about the tweet, but twice now he has been the center of a fight that has led to issues for him. I don't think it is nothing, but I also think it was overblown.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe nothing more than coach-speak but Campbell delves deep into what he thinks of J. Davis.
I don't see it but who knows what a new coaching staff "might be able to get out of him". Doubtful, imo.

Notes: Lions HC Dan Campbell seems to really like Jarrad Davis - Pride Of Detroit

“Look, I can’t tell you what we’re going to do in free agency, but when you state it like that, Jarrad Davis, there’s something about that guy, man,” Campbell said. “Things I hear about the way he was coached, and just knowing the ability and aggressiveness, he intrigues me. He pops off the tape and you feel like, man, can we help this guy? Can we make this guy a better player?

BB_72; either way, should he stay or go, the Lions need a complete overhaul of their LB corps.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got nothing personal against Parsons but should they draft him, I sure hope they trade down 4-7 spots (either in one or two trade downs) and receive one or two extra 3rd round picks as Mebert was stating previously.

I'd say the same thing if they drafted Zaven Collins and probably a little bit more down than that

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got nothing personal against Parsons but should they draft him, I sure hope they trade down 4-7 spots (either in one or two trade downs) and receive one or two extra 3rd round picks as Mebert was stating previously.

I'd say the same thing if they drafted Zaven Collins and probably a little bit more down than that

Who is trading up in your scenario and for whom??

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideally Fields falls to 7, that could turn into a decent haul

If Fields is there I think most Lions fans would want him drafted. I don’t think he will be though.