• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft talk time

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be looking at a "If they're there at original slot" I'd draft

No. 7 Ja' Marr Chase paired with Eskridge. Get an OT at No.41 that can start over Crosby by/before end of first 4-6 games

No. 7 Jaylen Waddle paired with Dyami Brown at No. 72. Still would grab the OT at No.41

This wouldn't go over well with many being all offense first 3 picks of draft and understandably so.

LB Werner and LB Wallow should be available on day 3 (both WILL) as well as a 3-tech and NT

CB, Ambry Thomas, U of Mich., is who I'm looking at as added competition for CB. He was strictly outside but has all the traits to play slot also. He doesn't shy away from making tackles in/near the box or downfield. He sat out this last year but started as a true Frosh/Soph.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be looking at a "If they're there at original slot" I'd draft

No. 7 Ja' Marr Chase paired with Eskridge. Get an OT at No.41 that can start over Crosby by/before end of first 4-6 games

No. 7 Jaylen Waddle paired with Dyami Brown at No. 72. Still would grab the OT at No.41

This wouldn't go over well with many being all offense first 3 picks of draft and understandably so.

LB Werner and LB Wallow should be available on day 3 (both WILL) as well as a 3-tech and NT

CB, Ambry Thomas, U of Mich., is who I'm looking at as added competition for CB. He was strictly outside but has all the traits to play slot also. He doesn't shy away from making tackles in/near the box or downfield. He sat out this last year but started as a true Frosh/Soph.
Is Penisini not up to the task for NT? I thought he was doing pretty well.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only reserve NT currently on the roster is lazy-ass John Atkins. I know his history from watching him play at Geogia. He'll play 4-6 snaps and then have to rest for 6-8 snaps and it hadn't changed when he last played in 2019 (his only true year of snaps). He was a 25 yr coming out of Georgia who went undrafted then signed UDFA by NE after the draft. He was released before pre-season and then signed by BQ for practice squad. He alternated with Snacks in 2019 playing approximately 400 snaps. He's serviceable and that's it. I prefer someone better and more as an additional rotational NT.

Is NT a need through the draft this year ? No.

I happen to like NC-St. NT Alim McNeil and BYU NT Khyiris Tonga but that's just me.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was begging for Penisini to be drafted last year and have been ecstatic regarding his play to date. I hope he continues to elevate his game but they need someone else to be a solid rotational player to spell him.

I'm assuming Brocker's and Hand will get a handful of reps at NT just like the both of them have before.

I'll also assume they'll be looking at signing a Vet to bring into camp but I'd rather see them go the route of drafting another rookie.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure most here would rather see the Lions spend their 5th round pick on some other position than a NT.

I'm hoping Holmes can maneuver down in round 2 (4-spots) and pick up an additional 4th round pick

The same applies to pick No. 72. move down (4-spots) and pick up an additional 5th round pick.

One can be hopeful.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS Mock for the Lions. Surprisingly it is not stupid or terrible like they usually are.

Major outlets don’t produce full 7-round mock draft projections for individual teams very often, so when we get a chance to see one, it’s worth investigating. Chris Trapasso of CBS Sports recently projected all the Detroit Lions picks for the 2021 NFL draft.

It’s an interesting look at how the draft could play out for Detroit. Starting in the first round, Trapasso sticks to the primary needs for the new-look Lions: wide receiver, cornerback, safety and linebacker. The picks:

First round: Alabama WR Devonta Smith

Second round: Georgia CB Tyson Campbell

Third round: Kentucky LB Jamin Davis

Third round: UCLA DT Osa Odighizuwa

Fourth round: Indiana S Jamar Johnson

Fifth round: Clemson WR Cornell Powell

The first three picks would radically improve the Lions overall team speed, while the later picks are solid, NFL-ready contributors from major programs.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and he's also played CB which I just found out two days ago, in MAC Games while also playing WR same game so there's that to boot.
I think that’s how he got hurt and missed most all of his first senior season.

He played in Kalamazoo a long time. Dude is 24. And only measured in at 5’8”. But I’d love it if he’s our third pick.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that’s how he got hurt and missed most all of his first senior season.

He played in Kalamazoo a long time. Dude is 24. And only measured in at 5’8”. But I’d love it if he’s our third pick.

He'd give the offense a boost with that speed and cutting ability. He appeared fearless even going over the middle(I only watched MAC games because I got lazy). Maybe it's only one contract being 24, small, short etc., but I wouldn't mind at all if they draft.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CBS Mock for the Lions. Surprisingly it is not stupid or terrible like they usually are.

Major outlets don’t produce full 7-round mock draft projections for individual teams very often, so when we get a chance to see one, it’s worth investigating. Chris Trapasso of CBS Sports recently projected all the Detroit Lions picks for the 2021 NFL draft.

It’s an interesting look at how the draft could play out for Detroit. Starting in the first round, Trapasso sticks to the primary needs for the new-look Lions: wide receiver, cornerback, safety and linebacker. The picks:

First round: Alabama WR Devonta Smith

Second round: Georgia CB Tyson Campbell

Third round: Kentucky LB Jamin Davis

Third round: UCLA DT Osa Odighizuwa

Fourth round: Indiana S Jamar Johnson

Fifth round: Clemson WR Cornell Powell

The first three picks would radically improve the Lions overall team speed, while the later picks are solid, NFL-ready contributors from major programs.

Tyson Campbell has hands of stone so, there's a reason why he is a CB.
He has the speed and loose hips to flip and turn.
He looked great as a frosh then got benched for some time as a soph and junior.

Never know what you get out of these kids once they get to the pro level but with Glenn and Pleasant coaching these kids could be a huge boost.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^ the above post leads to this article

Where Detroit Lions stand at cornerback following free agency

"I can't express how blessed I feel to have Aubrey (Pleasant) and Aaron (Glenn) in the building," Okudah told detroitlions.com in a recent interview. "Those are guys that obviously ... Aaron was an All-Pro corner, had tremendous success in the NFL. I don't think you'll find a lot of guys that know technique, know how to coach the scheme.

"I've heard (Rams All-Pro cornerback Jalen) Ramsey give his testimonial of how (Pleasant) has impacted his play. I've heard Marshon Lattimore talk about how Aaron Glenn has impacted his play. So, I think the want to be great is there, but to have coaches that are able to get you to where you want to go to."

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okudah has mentioned numerous times on how the lack of coaching or let's say the type of coaching he received was not beneficial.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit Lions top 6 needs for 2021 NFL Draft - Pride Of Detroit

Still, here are the six biggest holes on the team, taking into account both the immediate and the future.

Note: Order is random, not by ranking of need.

Wide receiver (x2)

Offensive tackle

Defensive tackle (nose)

Off-ball linebacker

Cornerback

Safety

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions 2021 7-round mock draft v3.0: The trade back (usatoday.com)

No. 16: Azeez Ojulari, EDGE, Georgia

No. 41: Greg Newsome, CB, Northwestern

No. 49: Dyami Brown, WR, North Carolina

No. 72: Spencer Brown, OT, Northern Iowa

No. 101: Talanoa Hufanga, S, USC

No. 112: Chazz Surratt, LB, North Carolina

No. 247: Cade Johnson, WR, South Dakota State

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions 2021 draft: A cornerback for every round (usatoday.com)

First round: Patrick Surtain Jr., Alabama

Second round: Eric Stokes, Georgia

Third round: Aaron Robinson, UCF

Fourth round: Ambry Thomas, Michigan

Fifth round: Kary Vincent Jr., LSU BB_72: fearful of making tackles. RB/TE/Big WR will ragdoll him. He was dynamic as a frosh as outside cb

Sixth round: Rachad Wildgoose, Wisconsin

Mac McCain, North Carolina A&T