• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Simulator

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same thing was said last year when CeeDee fell to us would you give him back. I would prefer Surtain or Horn but Pitts is a generational TE and it would be crazy to pass him
more than Happy with CeeDee. if Pitts ends up being the pick & he turns out. I will be happy with that as well, but yes I would still take calls on a trade back & weigh if it were better than drafting pitts.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really dont want to trade up for a player in this draft.
What are your thoughts?
This team is in great position to trade down in the first round and trade up a couple of times in the other rounds.

our best hope is Jerry listens to scouting director cause I'm 100% sure the Cowboys GM spends far less time studying football players than ALL OTHER GM's in football.

Last edited:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more than Happy with CeeDee. if Pitts ends up being the pick & he turns out. I will be happy with that as well, but yes I would still take calls on a trade back & weigh if it were better than drafting pitts.
the situation last year was much different than it will be this draft. When Dallas was up, their choice was the LSU DE (who didn't have any impact last year) and CeeDee. This year at 10 is nothing like the CeeDee selection.

with regards to Pitts....there are only so many footballs, besides, Jarwin most likely will be a top 10 TE in this league this year

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is in great position to trade down in the first round and trade up a couple of times in the other rounds.

our best hope is Jerry listens to scouting director cause I'm 100% sure the Cowboys GM spends far less time studying football players than ALL OTHER GM's in football.
I am all for that. The more early round picks the better.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to trade up, but if Pitts is there at 10 I'm all in.
I agree. There's going to be an outstanding player on the board at 10. Pitts will come off at 4-7 are you willing to give up your 1st, 2nd and 4th to move up? This years #1 and next year's #1? Not me. But yeah, at 10, I would

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. There's going to be an outstanding player on the board at 10. Pitts will come off at 4-7 are you willing to give up your 1st, 2nd and 4th to move up? This years #1 and next year's #1? Not me. But yeah, at 10, I would
I stick with the original plan and take Surtain or Horn at 10. The whole talk about Pitts was if he somehow fell to 10 what would JJ do.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the situation last year was much different than it will be this draft. When Dallas was up, their choice was the LSU DE (who didn't have any impact last year) and CeeDee. This year at 10 is nothing like the CeeDee selection.

with regards to Pitts....there are only so many footballs, besides, Jarwin most likely will be a top 10 TE in this league this year
Jarwin in the top 10 TE’s this coming season speaks more of the poor quality of the TE’s than his performance. Pitts would probably enter the league as one of the top 4

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. There's going to be an outstanding player on the board at 10. Pitts will come off at 4-7 are you willing to give up your 1st, 2nd and 4th to move up? This years #1 and next year's #1? Not me

I stick with the original plan and take Surtain or Horn at 10. The whole talk about Pitts was if he somehow fell to 10 what would JJ do.
Pitts would easily be the best player on the board at 10

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still not buying this

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that would be stupid of JJ
I would stay at 10, but I'll say this...imagine Travis Kelce on the Cowboys...while I don't know if that puts us in the SB but I think it wins us the NFCE
If you make this kind of go for it move, then I think you need to go all the way. Would need to sign Richard Sherman or Casey Hayward to start at corner, sign a starting caliber safety and a run stopping DT in FA. To so that, they would need to redo contracts(I don't think it would mean cap Hell because the cap is gonna double in a few years with the new TV deal, but you would have some terrible contracts for sure). I just think if you stay at 10, go OL and defense heavy in the draft, we are gonna be solid the next 5-6 years

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarwin in the top 10 TE’s this coming season speaks more of the poor quality of the TE’s than his performance. Pitts would probably enter the league as one of the top 4
Well....Scotty, we'll just have to agree to disagree with regards to what Jarwin could be. Not saying he's Pitts but he runs a darn could seam route and is a mismatch for LB's too.

This fan hopes Pitts is off the board at 10 and Lord help us if Jerry trades up to draft Pitts. I've been screaming for quality DB's in Dallas for years now and this draft can accomplish just that with Horn or Surtain at 10 and Richie Grant at 44

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well....Scotty, we'll just have to agree to disagree with regards to what Jarwin could be. Not saying he's Pitts but he runs a darn could seam route and is a mismatch for LB's too.

This fan hopes Pitts is off the board at 10 and Lord help us if Jerry trades up to draft Pitts. I've been screaming for quality DB's in Dallas for years now and this draft can accomplish just that with Horn or Surtain at 10 and Richie Grant at 44
i agree

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First pick needs to be O-line IMO. I like Pitts but we just made a huge investment in Dak and he's coming off a bad injury, so we need to get him some protection. We also need to get our running game going again.

Doesn't sound like Pitts will be there at 10 anyway and definitely don't favor trading up for him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First pick needs to be O-line IMO. I like Pitts but we just made a huge investment in Dak and he's coming off a bad injury, so we need to get him some protection. We also need to get our running game going again.

Doesn't sound like Pitts will be there at 10 anyway and definitely don't favor trading up for him.
I don't worry about position at #10, because it's all about how the particular player is ranked, but using Pitts as an example, you think the defense is going to send a LB or safety on a blitz a lot or play 8 or 9 in the box to stop the run with our receivers and Pitts if Pitts is indeed who some think he is?