• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Simulator

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Traded back from 10

• DAL

Jaycee Horn
    CB South Carolina
    trade icon
  • DAL

Hamsah Nasirildeen
    S Florida State

• DAL

Asante Samuel Jr.
    CB Florida State
    trade icon
  • DAL

Dylan Moses
    LB Alabama

• DAL

Charles Snowden
    LB Virginia

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at least 6 Offensive players go before us: 3 QBs, 2 WRs and an OT - If I had to guess I'd say it might even be 7.
That means we get at worst our 4th rated defensive player on the board if we so choose. I would not be happy if we traded out of that spot. We need great players, not multiple decent players. Now, that being said, we all know that often times the player you get at #17 ends up better than the player you get at #10, but I don't see us giving up that spot. I think we go for the best defensive impact player on the board at that time and I don't think it is going to be a DB even though that is of course a HUGE need for us.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at least 6 Offensive players go before us: 3 QBs, 2 WRs and an OT - If I had to guess I'd say it might even be 7.
That means we get at worst our 4th rated defensive player on the board if we so choose. I would not be happy if we traded out of that spot. We need great players, not multiple decent players. Now, that being said, we all know that often times the player you get at #17 ends up better than the player you get at #10, but I don't see us giving up that spot. I think we go for the best defensive impact player on the board at that time and I don't think it is going to be a DB even though that is of course a HUGE need for us.
Agree I dont see Dallas trading down, but the two top CBs were gone by 10 in this sim.

Hell I did another sim on another site, traded down and got Lawrence. The sim drafts are more often than not funnier than some mocks.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree I dont see Dallas trading down, but the two top CBs were gone by 10 in this sim.

Hell I did another sim on another site, traded down and got Lawrence. The sim drafts are more often than not funnier than some mocks.
Wow 2 CBs gone by 10??? I'd be surprised because I don't really love any of the DBs that much this year, but like I always say you never know how the real draft will go and the mocks are never close to accurate. I get Surtain to some extent even though I don't think I'd take him there, but didn't the VTech kid sit out the year and only have one good season?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems TEs have been going a little earlier lately. I wonder if the kid from Florida goes between 8 and 12 and maybe even another OL or a QB if someone moves up closer to the draft and they always seem to. We may have a shot at our #2 rated defensive player :noidea:. Not sure there are a lot of top 5 type talents though on that side of the ball this year.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to stay put and get one of the best defenders in the draft. Not sure who that is though. I really dont see anybody that looks elite. I also dont put a ton of stock into combine results other than I prefer speed at corner and safety as well as defensive backs that are ball hawks. which makes me want Farley over Surtain if they draft a corner.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems TEs have been going a little earlier lately. I wonder if the kid from Florida goes between 8 and 12 and maybe even another OL or a QB if someone moves up closer to the draft and they always seem to. We may have a shot at our #2 rated defensive player :noidea:. Not sure there are a lot of top 5 type talents though on that side of the ball this year.
That Florida TE is the best receiving TE to come out in awhile. He is going to be a matchup nightmare for defenses.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State Defensive tackle Tommy Togiai declared today

I'd burn a 3rd round pick on this guy. His best football is ahead of him

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State Defensive tackle Tommy Togiai declared today

I'd burn a 3rd round pick on this guy. His best football is ahead of him
I agree. He would help the run defense immensely. I got a feeling he may go higher. He is very powerful. I got a feeling lots of teams will regret passing on him.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to the opt outs this is going to be an interesting draft. Scouts will have to rely on workouts to evaluate some of the players.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to the opt outs this is going to be an interesting draft. Scouts will have to rely on workouts to evaluate some of the players.
Hopefully they rely on prior year film and not really workouts. But I agree, a very tough year for scouts

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hopefully they rely on prior year film and not really workouts. But I agree, a very tough year for scouts
When it comes to scouting. This year will separate the men from the boys.

You know this year there will be a lot of differing opinions. But as it goes on. A lot of these guys will bend to the common theme (this guy is better than that guy).
Who will stick to their own beliefs & are those beliefs right. Instead of catering to the common theme.

I dont know how scouts contracts work. but this year is good year to evaluate scouts. Then go on a stealing spree!

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this one better. Farley was gone, Surtain was available, but if a team is going to give me a 4th rounder just to trade one spot I'm trading.

Micah Parsons
    LB Penn State
    trade icon
    Asante Samuel Jr.
    CB Florida State

Trey Smith
    OG Tennessee

DJ Daniel
    CB Georgia

Tyree Gillespie
    S Missouri.
    trade icon

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this one better. Farley was gone, Surtain was available, but if a team is going to give me a 4th rounder just to trade one spot I'm trading.

I really like Parsons a lot, but I would go ballistic if we traded back a pick just for a 4th unless we literally couldn't decide between two players. At 10 you are hoping to grab a future All Pro. If the draft goes like it seems to my amateur eyes and we have a shot at a top 3 or so defender in the draft and unlike me in January, our scouts better know which they like best there and take him.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the BYU Qb , but his stock has risen big time since November. I see him going as high as 2 now. Of course thats if the Dak thing isnt working out. I always loved Surtains dad as a CB. His son certainly played well at the end of the season. Hard not to take him if he is there. Bama DBs are a little scary though. I know we have one already and he had a pretty good year, but there are quite a few of them that have been drafted really high and have not panned out.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the BYU Qb , but his stock has risen big time since November. I see him going as high as 2 now. Of course thats if the Dak thing isnt working out. I always loved Surtains dad as a CB. His son certainly played well at the end of the season. Hard not to take him if he is there. Bama DBs are a little scary though. I know we have one already and he had a pretty good year, but there are quite a few of them that have been drafted really high and have not panned out.
With no words out of Dallas or Dak concerning his contract, everything being discused in the media is just speculation at this point.

Now while not as confident that Dak gets signed as I was a few weeks ago I still believe he will sign a LTD before the upcoming season.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC has their share of NFL busts for sure. Seems we have struck out with a bunch of them, especially, LSU, Skylar Green, Spears, Claiborne, and these great Tennessee players, Lafleue, Goodrich. Hit and miss with them.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC has their share of NFL busts for sure. Seems we have struck out with a bunch of them, especially, LSU, Skylar Green, Spears, Claiborne, and these great Tennessee players, Lafleue, Goodrich. Hit and miss with them.
Lafleur was actually LSU as well.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lafleur ,Goodrich,Claiborne were likely the worst off this list. These picks ended up being wasted.