• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Simulator

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so if it worked out the way I am mocking (we all know is useless) you would say horrible idea?
No I would love it if we ended up with those two guys. What I would hate is a team making decisions like that. But heck, it’s better than Jerry getting drunk and taking one of his 2nd round special high risk/low reward specials...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I would love it if we ended up with those two guys. What I would hate is a team making decisions like that. But heck, it’s better than Jerry getting drunk and taking one of his 2nd round special high risk/low reward specials...
I honestly believe we will stay at ten & try to get #10 worth, even if the safety ended up being the best of the defenders.
I think we will take one of the two CBs or Slater.
Slater I will never have a problem with. We are good at picking OL in the 1st.
DBs in the top ten we are horrible at. might give me some anxiety, but of the two. Would rather have the guy from VT.
Not because I know anything about either of them. (I am no college guru) but while it would be cool to put Diggs with the guy he used to play with at Alabama. My thoughts is Alabama is so full full of defenders it could easily cover up for CBs, vs VT CBs.
but never go off what I say when it comes to college football. I learn most of what I know (to research) from these sites. LOL

but yes. If I could will us, to taking the top Safety & this DT vs. one of those CBs at ten. I would love it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly believe we will stay at ten & try to get #10 worth, even if the safety ended up being the best of the defenders.
I think we will take one of the two CBs or Slater.
Slater I will never have a problem with. We are good at picking OL in the 1st.
DBs in the top ten we are horrible at. might give me some anxiety, but of the two. Would rather have the guy from VT.
Not because I know anything about either of them. (I am no college guru) but while it would be cool to put Diggs with the guy he used to play with at Alabama. My thoughts is Alabama is so full full of defenders it could easily cover up for CBs, vs VT CBs.
but never go off what I say when it comes to college football. I learn most of what I know (to research) from these sites. LOL

but yes. If I could will us, to taking the top Safety & this DT vs. one of those CBs at ten. I would love it.
If I had to bet what I think the team would do it's CB as the most likely pick and OL second. If Denver signs Fuller and all but guarantees us our pick of the top CB on our board being there, I really think it will be CB and I'm fine with that as long as they have a guy ranked high enough to take there. Personally I just think there is more talent at other positions at the top of the draft. But, if we hit on a CB that changes the whole team for the better

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading Jarntt's thing on Barmore. I been looking around.
It seems he looks like he will go late 1st round.
If he goes in late enough of the 1st round, what would be the chances (& thoughts) of trading back up into the 1st to get him?
Trading back would be great, but I am different than a lot of folks. If I thought Barmore were a future Pro Bowler(I do) I would have no trouble taking him at 10, no matter where he is projected

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading back would be great, but I am different than a lot of folks. If I thought Barmore were a future Pro Bowler(I do) I would have no trouble taking him at 10, no matter where he is projected
Exactly. If some no nothing Kiper type mocks a guy in the top 10, all the mocks would be showing him there and people would be clamoring for him. But if the mocks show him late first he is a "trade back" candidate. I'd personally take Barmore at 10 but the idea is that it doesn't have to be Barmore. It can be either of the Miami pass rushers, Parsons (my personal favorite) or a CB or S, etc. Whomever a fan or team likes they should be wanting regardless of mock draft status or perception. A bunch of these guys didn't even play this season and those that did had a bizarre year. Tough to judge. Don't get caught listening to other people's opinions unless it's a legit scout watching film 16 hours a day.

For me, I'm having trouble getting excited over any player right now other than the potential of a guy like Sewell (I think he is the 2nd best player in the draft) falling (or us moving up) if teams go QB crazy and also take more defense than most people seem to expect.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a big Surtain fan but this is a little over the top

Pick
Dallas Cowboys
Patrick Surtain II
Alabama · CB · Junior
Team need and player value merge at the 10th overall pick, with the Cowboys getting the kind of physical outside corner they could have had in Jalen Ramsey a few years ago. Surtain is a technician who plays the ball as well as any corner I've seen over the past 20 years.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mocks are meaningless. Making a decision based on them could be a monumental mistake. this team seems to trade back when they wanted a particular guy and he gets taken. that certainly could happen although it’s not likely more than two defensive players are taken before us because of all the QBs that likely go and the two great WR prospects. I also think Sewell goes and is the first non-QB off the board. If you want moehrig just take him.

also I don’t think Barmore is there at the end of the 1st round
Moehrig is a talent. He likely gone before our 2nd round pick. I think he is a 1st rounder. While I do consider safety important, I think CB is more important. I want Horn or or Surtain at pick 10. I do notice the buzz on Horn lately. I still got a hunch that Pitts or Slater will be the pick. Horn though, I got him rated higher than most. He is fast and fierce with skills. We simply cant have Anthony Brown as a starter. I think both Surtain or Horn are potential lockdown corners.

Another thing I could see happening is the Cowboys drafting Pitts or Slater at 10 and then drafting Farley in the 2nd round. I think Farley is even a gamble in the 2nd due to the injury history. If I am a team I would be very concerned about this back procedure. Farley is a potential bust and not a "safe" pick. Surtain is a cerebral type player that seems to be a very safe pick... he seems to understand what routes receivers are running and is rarely out of position... just fix this damn defense

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moehrig is a talent. He likely gone before our 2nd round pick. I think he is a 1st rounder. While I do consider safety important, I think CB is more important. I want Horn or or Surtain at pick 10. I do notice the buzz on Horn lately. I still got a hunch that Pitts or Slater will be the pick. Horn though, I got him rated higher than most. He is fast and fierce with skills. We simply cant have Anthony Brown as a starter. I think both Surtain or Horn are potential lockdown corners.

Another thing I could see happening is the Cowboys drafting Pitts or Slater at 10 and then drafting Farley in the 2nd round. I think Farley is even a gamble in the 2nd due to the injury history. If I am a team I would be very concerned about this back procedure. Farley is a potential bust and not a "safe" pick. Surtain is a cerebral type player that seems to be a very safe pick... he seems to understand what routes receivers are running and is rarely out of position... just fix this damn defense
"We simply cant have Anthony Brown as a starter. "

This is the main reason I'd be very happy if the team sees a CB worthy of the #10 pick and why I was hoping we would have brought one in via FA or trade. We play 3 CBs most of the time. The idea of Brown and Lewis both on the field for 3/4s of the game is not a happy thought. Plus, Diggs looks like a keeper no doubt and a plus starter and I expect him to take a big leap forward with his consistency this year but he wasn't great last year either. He showed potential but was beaten badly a lot also (understandable for any rookie).

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see the Cowboys trade up into the top of the Second round and get a starting caliber defender. They got those comp picks and it would be very easy to do this. A guy like Moehring could be there or even a NT.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see the Cowboys trade up into the top of the Second round and get a starting caliber defender. They got those comp picks and it would be very easy to do this. A guy like Moehring could be there or even a NT.
Aren't we already picking in the top of the 2nd round? :scratch:

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't we already picking in the top of the 2nd round? :scratch:
44th so closer to the middle but technically yes. I think of the "top" being inside the top 5 picks myself.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort of, what I should have said is to get up to pick around 33-34.
It all depends on who is available vs who we like/love of course, but I'd rather see us stay where we are in the 2nd and trade some of those later picks to move our 3rd into the 2nd or our 4th into the 3rd to try and get 3 or 4 impact players. But if we have a player we love still sitting out there in the late first/beginning of the second, I agree, it would be great to move up and know we'll get him. Most of our later picks (sans Dak and some others) are throw aways anyway

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, this is my fear with drafting a CB at 10. Let's say he's great, are you paying him big money and making him your franchise guy?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, this is my fear with drafting a CB at 10. Let's say he's great, are you paying him big money and making him your franchise guy?

That's a bargain compared to pass rusher and OT. This is exactly why you target expensive positions in the draft in a cap world, so you don't have to sign players on their 2nd/3rd contracts at those prices. But, these team, is afraid to let a player go so that point is moot.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great players get paid in this league. Whether you are a top 10 like Zeke or Jalen Ramsey, or a mid round pick like a Richard Sherman or Dak. Cap should be spent on the premium positions, and however you aquire them is mostly irrelevant. Doesn't matter to me if our 3rd rounder becomes a perennial pro bowler at corner or linebacker. It does matter if our first rounder is a plug 'n play. Gotta make those count.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read someone saying Dallas likes this kid

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2021 NFL mock draft: New 2-round projections after blockbuster trades (usatoday.com)

this mock has the Cowboys getting Moehrig with the 44th pick & Barmore going 45th to the Jags :shocked:
Surtain & Moehrig. Would it be too greedy to ask for all three :heh:
All 3 would be amazing but not likely happening. I'd sign up for A CB and a S right now in a heartbeat. We may have the worst CBs in the league and safety is still in need of an upgrade as well.

Barmore will IMO end up one of the steals of this draft. I think he goes top 20 regardless of where the mocks have him and should go ever earlier. He was only a sophomore last year and was just dominant in big spots.