• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Simulator

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stick with the lines and we're good. Linebacker, Corner etc at 10 is just stupid. The game is all about protecting the QB or getting to the QB. You spend your premium picks on premium positions.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not one Dlineman is worth the 10 hole this year.
I'm good with CB or one of the two OT's
I saw a mock where Dallas takes Pitts out of Florida. I initially threw up, but after mulling it over I won't break the TV as he's a mismatch against any defender especially with the othe options the team has.

All that said I want D or OL over Pitts.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stick with the lines and we're good. Linebacker, Corner etc at 10 is just stupid. The game is all about protecting the QB or getting to the QB. You spend your premium picks on premium positions.
I think CB is a prime position that is always in play around #10 and especially if you need one. My issue is that with CB I don't know that I like Farley (or Horn) there very much and he seems to be becoming the favorite amongst Cowboy fans from what you read. I like Surtain better, but is he a top 2 or 3 defensive player in this entire draft? From a theoretical perspective I agree with you about LB at #10, but you need to take what the draft has to offer and take the best player available who also fits your plans. If the Penn State LB is there (and he very likely will be) I think he may be worth the pick or at least in the mix.

I don't think any DEs are worthy of that top 10 pick this year which is fine with me because we have a couple. The guy I like that most don't seem to in that spot is Barmore and if the draft were held today that is who I would hope for out of the players likely to be available. Our biggest need may still be a guy who can play the 3 and be disruptive in the passing game and also play the run. Teams just try and push our DEs wide and deep or chip Tank play after play because the pocket is always set because our DTs can't get any penetration. And when you get consistent pressure in a QBs face it makes all your DBs better. Sewell would be my top target overall but I don't see him getting to us. I'd be happy with Slater or the USC OT if the team loves them enough to go there and another starting caliber OL would be huge for this team as well as protect us against Smith going down again, but I just didn't really see them enough to have an informed opinion myself.

I guess my thoughts haven't changed since the offseason began. Maybe as we get closer to the draft someone will change my opinion of some of the players everyone else seems to be clamoring for. Lord knows we need to hit on one or two picks this year

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think CB is a prime position that is always in play around #10 and especially if you need one. My issue is that with CB I don't know that I like Farley (or Horn) there very much and he seems to be becoming the favorite amongst Cowboy fans from what you read. I like Surtain better, but is he a top 2 or 3 defensive player in this entire draft? From a theoretical perspective I agree with you about LB at #10, but you need to take what the draft has to offer and take the best player available who also fits your plans. If the Penn State LB is there (and he very likely will be) I think he may be worth the pick or at least in the mix.

I don't think any DEs are worthy of that top 10 pick this year which is fine with me because we have a couple. The guy I like that most don't seem to in that spot is Barmore and if the draft were held today that is who I would hope for out of the players likely to be available. Our biggest need may still be a guy who can play the 3 and be disruptive in the passing game and also play the run. Teams just try and push our DEs wide and deep or chip Tank play after play because the pocket is always set because our DTs can't get any penetration. And when you get consistent pressure in a QBs face it makes all your DBs better. Sewell would be my top target overall but I don't see him getting to us. I'd be happy with Slater or the USC OT if the team loves them enough to go there and another starting caliber OL would be huge for this team as well as protect us against Smith going down again, but I just didn't really see them enough to have an informed opinion myself.

I guess my thoughts haven't changed since the offseason began. Maybe as we get closer to the draft someone will change my opinion of some of the players everyone else seems to be clamoring for. Lord knows we need to hit on one or two picks this year
I will never complain if we go OL in the 1st. I also understand if we go DB but to be fair we dont have a good track record drafting CBs. So I would have to wish us luck there. I also agree I dont want to draft yet another DE just because it is a sexy pick. I dont like sexy picks unless they are clearly the BPA. But now when you talk DTs. I am all ears. I am completely in hopes of having one of the more dominate interior DLs. This would be awesome!
Tell me more Sir! :thumb:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second round safety
I think he goes much earlier than he is being mocked. This new dynamic safety type that can play all over like Honey Badger, Adams, etc seems to be working out well for teams. I think that is how he will be used as well. I think he is a top 2 safety and is going to rise quickly on draft boards.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he goes much earlier than he is being mocked. This new dynamic safety type that can play all over like Honey Badger, Adams, etc seems to be working out well for teams. I think that is how he will be used as well. I think he is a top 2 safety and is going to rise quickly on draft boards.
You may be right unfortunately. We need someone like him.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not one Dlineman is worth the 10 hole this year.
I'm good with CB or one of the two OT's
I agree. It got to be one of the top Corners or OT. Slater could be the guy. Slater likely is there at 10. Slater has the technique and foot quickness to be really good. Sewell likely gone before 10. I also like that Alabama LT,but 10 could be a little early. If Tyler Shelvin is there in the 3rd I would strongly consider him. I think he would help the run defense

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading Jarntt's thing on Barmore. I been looking around.
It seems he looks like he will go late 1st round.
If he goes in late enough of the 1st round, what would be the chances (& thoughts) of trading back up into the 1st to get him?

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice!!! 2 3rd, 2 4th 5th and 6th round picks. Defense, Defense, Defense

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is still the guy I want at 10:

Slater could play LG if we take him at 10. If I had to make a prediction the pick is going to be either Slater or Pitts . I like Slater. He is ferocious. .3/4 of the cap is already going to offense, so why change now? . I do think the BPA when we pick is going to be an offensive player.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slater could play LG if we take him at 10. If I had to make a prediction the pick is going to be either Slater or Pitts . I like Slater. He is ferocious. .3/4 of the cap is already going to offense, so why change now? . I do think the BPA when we pick is going to be an offensive player.
I don't know. The first 9 picks may all be offense. Is it really possible this team doesn't have at least one defensive player rated above offensive pick #10?

I didn't watch a ton of CFB last year, but personally I've still yet to see anything change my mind on the best pick for us being Parsons, CB or Barmore

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is this a possibility
Trade back some & draft Safety Trevon Moehrig (TCU) My understanding in this draft there is him & then large separation to all the rest of the safeties. I've seen mocks where he has gone as early as 17 but normally in the early 20's. If we went high on a safety might as well have the class of the field. Then with whatever extra picks we get make a move back into the late 1st round & pick up DT - Barmore.
A good thought?
Meh?
or a Horrible idea?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is this a possibility
Trade back some & draft Safety Trevon Moehrig (TCU) My understanding in this draft there is him & then large separation to all the rest of the safeties. I've seen mocks where he has gone as early as 17 but normally in the early 20's. If we went high on a safety might as well have the class of the field. Then with whatever extra picks we get make a move back into the late 1st round & pick up DT - Barmore.
A good thought?
Meh?
or a Horrible idea?
Mocks are meaningless. Making a decision based on them could be a monumental mistake. this team seems to trade back when they wanted a particular guy and he gets taken. that certainly could happen although it’s not likely more than two defensive players are taken before us because of all the QBs that likely go and the two great WR prospects. I also think Sewell goes and is the first non-QB off the board. If you want moehrig just take him.

also I don’t think Barmore is there at the end of the 1st round

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mocks are meaningless. Making a decision based on them could be a monumental mistake. this team seems to trade back when they wanted a particular guy and he gets taken. that certainly could happen although it’s not likely more than two defensive players are taken before us because of all the QBs that likely go and the two great WR prospects. I also think Sewell goes and is the first non-QB off the board. If you want moehrig just take him.

also I don’t think Barmore is there at the end of the 1st round
so if it worked out the way I am mocking (we all know is useless) you would say horrible idea?