• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Reactions

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it's not. It's pretty typical when FO leadership changes. New guy takes over in January or so and wants to bring in his own staff. But are you going to fire your current staff and let them take nine months (or more) of work with them? Of course not. THAT would be bananas.
Very true, didn't take that into consideration.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From all of the team draft grades that I have read I see no consensus on the Seahawk's draft.

I've seen them graded with top grades all the way down to the worst grades in the draft. The average grade seems to think it is a slightly below average draft.

It is hilarious to read all of the grades because there are so many different opinions of this out there that one of them has to be right. With every single possibility covered, one guy will stand up 3-4 years now and talk about how perfect he was in his analysis.

I was saying the same thing on some other social media with Hawk friends of mine. They had started off with the pundits saying they did so well. Then all the other so called experts started coming out and then you had both sides of the coin.

I think the major difference for the opposite ratings is the Clark signing. If the expert thinks he's an issue Seattle got a low grade. If they see no issue than Seattle got a steal and a higher grade.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was saying the same thing on some other social media with Hawk friends of mine. They had started off with the pundits saying they did so well. Then all the other so called experts started coming out and then you had both sides of the coin.

I think the major difference for the opposite ratings is the Clark signing. If the expert thinks he's an issue Seattle got a low grade. If they see no issue than Seattle got a steal and a higher grade.

I think you're probably right.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find irony in Lockett wearing #16, which of course is what Harvin wore with the Jets last year. Reports out of rookie camp seem to be pretty positive on Lockett as well, which isn't a huge surprise given how those things are almost always richly optimistic this time of year.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockett has a chance to make a real difference in his rookie year given he isn't fighting against much to win the starting jobs at returning for both KO and punts. Might have a few miscues as you would expect from a rookie, but we will know pretty early on if that pick was worth moving up for. Will be real curious to see if he gets any real time at WR and how they use him. No doubt Bevell has had plays added for speedsters like Harvin and Richardson so he should get a play here or there at least.

Clark may not get that much time in his rookie year. At least compared to Lockett and his special teams. Clark will undoubtedly be in the rotation, but I can't imagine he sees a lot of high pressure/key situation downs this season unless he just blows everyone away and does something unexpected. Obviously that means some will question this pick at 2 even during this season. He will likely be a year or two out before you know if it was worth it.

What may define this draft though is if either/both of the OL emerge as potential starters or high value depth guys. You score big on those guys and this draft is viewed as an A 3 or 4 years from now. Don't know if I'm expecting that though. Will be a huge bonus if it happens.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lockett has a chance to make a real difference in his rookie year given he isn't fighting against much to win the starting jobs at returning for both KO and punts. Might have a few miscues as you would expect from a rookie, but we will know pretty early on if that pick was worth moving up for. Will be real curious to see if he gets any real time at WR and how they use him. No doubt Bevell has had plays added for speedsters like Harvin and Richardson so he should get a play here or there at least.

Clark may not get that much time in his rookie year. At least compared to Lockett and his special teams. Clark will undoubtedly be in the rotation, but I can't imagine he sees a lot of high pressure/key situation downs this season unless he just blows everyone away and does something unexpected. Obviously that means some will question this pick at 2 even during this season. He will likely be a year or two out before you know if it was worth it.

What may define this draft though is if either/both of the OL emerge as potential starters or high value depth guys. You score big on those guys and this draft is viewed as an A 3 or 4 years from now. Don't know if I'm expecting that though. Will be a huge bonus if it happens.
I think both start out as backups ( Lockett will start on ST IMO). I think Clark gets his share to time in the rotation from the get go. Lockett will be worked in slower as a receiver I think any way.

These OL I really know only what little I have read. If even one works out as a impact on the line, even as a good backup that would be great. Two of them having a impact of course would be better.

Really like this draft much better then the last two, have to just wait and see if it plays out to be better.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way I can see Lockett getting more than the odd play in garbage time at WR is if the Richardson injury presents him more chances given the game plans that added plays for someone of their skill sets. Or of course there are other injuries. I think his best chance to make a name for himself as a rookie is ST.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way I can see Lockett getting more than the odd play in garbage time at WR is if the Richardson injury presents him more chances given the game plans that added plays for someone of their skill sets. Or of course there are other injuries. I think his best chance to make a name for himself as a rookie is ST.
I think he has a shot at being the third receiver, with Richardson out with the injury to start the season, but yeah, he'll have his biggest impact on special teams.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of receivers and playing time... do you guys think there's any chance Kasen Williams gets more than this rookie camp to show that he's fully healthy and able to contribute? I think his injury while at UW killed any chance of getting drafted, but the door is open for him to prove himself with the Hawks.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of receivers and playing time... do you guys think there's any chance Kasen Williams gets more than this rookie camp to show that he's fully healthy and able to contribute? I think his injury while at UW killed any chance of getting drafted, but the door is open for him to prove himself with the Hawks.
Who? One of the undrafted FA? I'd say he's a long shot, but you never know.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what Pete said today...

Seattle Wants Kasen Williams Back
Former University of Washington wide receiver and Sammamish, Wash. native Kasen Williams is one of 39 players who participated in this weekend's rookie minicamp on a tryout basis.

Williams made a leaping, one-handed grab in Saturday's session and stood out with his play over all three days. Carroll said the Seahawks hope to have the 6-foot-1, 219-pound target back.

"He looked very good," Carroll said of the former Skyline High School star. "We've known him for a long time during the recruiting process and our expectations that he's a really accomplished receiver, a great athlete getting off the ground and all, he showed all of that.

"He looked like he fit, so we'll try to get him back."

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what Pete said today...

Seattle Wants Kasen Williams Back
Former University of Washington wide receiver and Sammamish, Wash. native Kasen Williams is one of 39 players who participated in this weekend's rookie minicamp on a tryout basis.

Williams made a leaping, one-handed grab in Saturday's session and stood out with his play over all three days. Carroll said the Seahawks hope to have the 6-foot-1, 219-pound target back.

"He looked very good," Carroll said of the former Skyline High School star. "We've known him for a long time during the recruiting process and our expectations that he's a really accomplished receiver, a great athlete getting off the ground and all, he showed all of that.

"He looked like he fit, so we'll try to get him back."

Nice.