• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft Pick Summary

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just in case you guys are curious (and saw someone ask on a topic) here's our draft picks as of now. Compensatory is announced later this month, but this should be what we'll receive based on all latest projections. Didn't bother trying to calculate the order of compensatory.

1st round - forfeit 31st overall (to New Orleans in exchange for TE Jimmy Graham)
2nd round - 31st overall
3rd round - 31st overall
4th round - 13th overall (from New Orleans)
4th round - 31st overall
4th round - Compensatory (from Golden Tate)
5th round - 31st overall
6th round - Compensatory (from Breno Giacomini)
5th round - Compensatory (from Brandon Browner)
6th round - 5th overall (from Percy Harvin)

6th round - forfeit 31st overall (to Indianapolis in exchange for CB Marcus Burley)
6th round - Compensatory (from Clinton McDonald)
7th round - 31st overall

11 picks overall, WOW. Quite a few I must say.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post!

With that being said, Holy 4th & 5th round Batman! Looks like an opportunity to move up if not add another vet. I like where we stand this year pre-draft.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can someone explain the whole compensation pick? i understand the percy harvin reasoning but wasnt breno, tate, and browner free agents? why did we get picks for them?

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can someone explain the whole compensation pick? i understand the percy harvin reasoning but wasnt breno, tate, and browner free agents? why did we get picks for them?

Short, short version. When you lose more FAs than you sign you become eligible for one of 32 comp picks. The difference between lost/signed (up to a max of four) determines how many you can conceivably gain. The formula as to where the picks are slotted is decided by contract value and player performance.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for putting this up. Quite a few mid round opportunities there. If we can find 2 solid long term starting linemen, that's probably a good pull.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comp picks weren't too terribly far off.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great prediction Shark. 11 picks.
3 4th, I like that, so sucks that we don't have a 1st, but......wait for it......we do have Jimmy Graham.
Fuck ya, Jimmy fucking Graham. Who were we gonna get with that 31st pick? Coates or Strong? I like Graham.

Jimmy, 11+ TD's, Graham, that is who we got.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great prediction Shark. 11 picks.
3 4th, I like that, so sucks that we don't have a 1st, but......wait for it......we do have Jimmy Graham.
Fuck ya, Jimmy fucking Graham. Who were we gonna get with that 31st pick? Coates or Strong? I like Graham.

Jimmy, 11+ TD's, Graham, that is who we got.

Yeah exactly. Even giving up the 1st we still have 11 draft picks. We don't have 11 spots on the roster so be prepared to see some of these draft picks not make the team.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So turns out the extra 5th I had us pegged for is a 6th. Looks like Anthony Collins, Corey Graham, and Mike Mitchell bumped Breno (I believe) down.

Not sure if a mod can edit my post to push that 5th to the 6th but if so would appreciate it (so it's accurate). Still 11 picks overall though.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So turns out the extra 5th I had us pegged for is a 6th. Looks like Anthony Collins, Corey Graham, and Mike Mitchell bumped Breno (I believe) down.

Not sure if a mod can edit my post to push that 5th to the 6th but if so would appreciate it (so it's accurate). Still 11 picks overall though.

I think you can edit it. If I'm mistaken let me know.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you can edit it. If I'm mistaken let me know.

Hey Harold, it only gives me 5 or so minutes in the past and I don't see an option to change now. If you could change my 5th to a 6th (I believe from Breno) that'd be great. If there's a way to allow myself to edit posts and someone can let me know that'd be appreciated. Thanks Harold.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Harold, it only gives me 5 or so minutes in the past and I don't see an option to change now. If you could change my 5th to a 6th (I believe from Breno) that'd be great. If there's a way to allow myself to edit posts and someone can let me know that'd be appreciated. Thanks Harold.

Done.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11 picks will add some serious depth that we need on both lines, back field and a WR/KR. Draft can't get here soon enough.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah exactly. Even giving up the 1st we still have 11 draft picks. We don't have 11 spots on the roster so be prepared to see some of these draft picks not make the team.
We are in a position to be able to acquire some depth out of this draft. I would like to see 2/3 OL added who can play all interior positions. We will look at 1/2 WR and probably 1TE. Expect a RB and that is just the offense. On D we could add virtually every position.
To maintain our grip, we need a solid draft. We will draft for depth and many of those chosen will have to become solid contributors.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd round -
  • Donovan Smith - OT Penn St - I don't see the Hawks keeping Okung. Donovan could be his eventual replacement...
  • Danielle Hunter - DE/OLB LSU
  • Byron Jones - CB UCONN
  • A.J Cann - OG South Carolina
3rd round -
  • Arie Kouandjio - OG Alabama - It's important to build up our depth at the OL position w/ all the TO we've had
  • Grady Jarrett - DT Clemson
  • Ramik Wilson - ILB Georgie
  • Damian Swann - CB Georgia
4th round -
  • Anthony Chickillo - DE Miami FL
  • Reese Dismukes - C Auburn
  • B.J. Finney - C Kansas ST
  • Vince Male - WR Wash St - Has tremendous potential to be a solid WR in the league. Would fit in great in this offense... We have a pedestrian group of WR's (whether anyone wants to hear it or not), adding depth here is important especially with the status of Richardson up in the air for '15...
4th round -
  • Cedric Reed - OLB Texas
  • Jordan Hicks - OLB Texas
  • Damian Swann - CB Georgia - Building the depth at the DB position is key... Injuries are starting to mount up for the LOB and the depth at the position
4th round -
  • Christian Covington - DT Rice - Another position where depth is key - especially w/ how much this team rotates their DL...
  • Jarvis Harrison - OG Texas A&M
  • Shane Carden - QB East Carolina
I reviewed 4 popular Mock Draft sites and here are their picks thru rounds 1-4.. If it was my way, and these were my options, I highlighted my preference in each round...

Shane Carden was an interesting pick but I think the team will be able to sign Tavaris Jackson as their backup again...