• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks 2021 Draft:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True and my bad.

I think Mills might push for Griffen role and Johnson for 1st backup

Mills has a very particular set of skills..... skills that make it a nightmare for offenses... he will cover the receiver, he will locate the ball.. and he will intercept the QB!

Har har, cheesy I know.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in Arizona during the draft so I was unable to post anything but here are my initial thoughts:

D'Wayne Eskridge: I see him as someone who is going to be somewhere between Jacoby Ford and Tyreek Hill. I think his success will be dependent on how the Seahawks use him. He's a guy who doesn't run the best routes but man he can fly. I think that with D.K. Metcalf and Tyler Lockett on the perimeter, the Seahawks can get him the ball on drag routes, screen passes and slants over the middle. If the Seahawks can get him the ball in space he can make some good plays after the catch. B+

Tre Brown: I don't want to be negative but I'm not a huge fan of this pick. He's a great athlete, but I don't really see much else with him. Maybe I've just become accustomed to the Seahawks playing long corners on the outside, but I don't really think he projects as a guy who is going to make much of an impact immediately. C-

Stone Forsythe: This is probably my favorite pick of the draft. I believe he was projected to go in the 3rd or 4th round and we were able to select him in the 6th. Stone is an excellent pass protector, but struggles in run blocking. For a guy playing LT, that doesn't really bother me. The struggles in run blocking could just be attributed to his size and if he works on his technique I think he can improve in that regard. Perhaps I'm overhyping it, but I really do think he will be a solid replacement for Duane Brown once he moves on. A+

The Seahawks also landed some really great UDFAs. Tamorrion Terry (WR), and Cade Johnson (WR) were both projected to be mid round picks. The WR competition will be something to watch this preseason. Watching their film I could see both of them making the final roster.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in Arizona during the draft so I was unable to post anything but here are my initial thoughts:

D'Wayne Eskridge: I see him as someone who is going to be somewhere between Jacoby Ford and Tyreek Hill. I think his success will be dependent on how the Seahawks use him. He's a guy who doesn't run the best routes but man he can fly. I think that with D.K. Metcalf and Tyler Lockett on the perimeter, the Seahawks can get him the ball on drag routes, screen passes and slants over the middle. If the Seahawks can get him the ball in space he can make some good plays after the catch. B+

Tre Brown: I don't want to be negative but I'm not a huge fan of this pick. He's a great athlete, but I don't really see much else with him. Maybe I've just become accustomed to the Seahawks playing long corners on the outside, but I don't really think he projects as a guy who is going to make much of an impact immediately. C-

Stone Forsythe: This is probably my favorite pick of the draft. I believe he was projected to go in the 3rd or 4th round and we were able to select him in the 6th. Stone is an excellent pass protector, but struggles in run blocking. For a guy playing LT, that doesn't really bother me. The struggles in run blocking could just be attributed to his size and if he works on his technique I think he can improve in that regard. Perhaps I'm overhyping it, but I really do think he will be a solid replacement for Duane Brown once he moves on. A+

The Seahawks also landed some really great UDFAs. Tamorrion Terry (WR), and Cade Johnson (WR) were both projected to be mid round picks. The WR competition will be something to watch this preseason. Watching their film I could see both of them making the final roster.

We got a long CB in UDFA. One respectable site, Bleacher Report, calls him a diamond in the rough.

Brian Mills

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got a long CB in UDFA. One respectable site, Bleacher Report, calls him a diamond in the rough.

Brian Mills

True. I think the Seahawks really did do well with their UDFA class and compensated for their lack of picks through UDFAs.

I could be forgetting some guys but Mills was projected as a 6th round pick, Tamorrion Terry was projected as a 4th round pick and Cade Johnson was projected as a 3rd.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard on ESPN radio that the Seahawks are pursuing Julio Jones. If that’s true what on earth are we going to give up to get him? We don’t have any draft capital

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a 32 year old WR? Even it being one of Jones' caliber, I hope not.
Same. I don’t want anything to do with Julio Jones. Considering what we would have to give up.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adding JJ would put our WR core on par with the Rams with the better QB.
Not enough balls to go around to keep DK, TL, and JJ happy (unless you decide to almost never throw to the TEs and RBs). This is particularly true with the emphasis on the running game.

On that same vein, the cost of keeping all 3 isn't plausible when you have to account for DK's upcoming mega deal.
I suppose you could just cut JJ when DK's deal comes due but that would make it unrealistic to spend a 2nd round and probably another player for him to begin with.

Lastly, I will note that JJ tends to disappear near the end zone. He only has 60 TDs in a 10 year career, and only one 10 TD season (his 2nd season). So 6 TDs a year. I don't know if this is on him or ATL but it should be noted.

So I doubt it for those reasons, but we shall see!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not enough balls to go around to keep DK, TL, and JJ happy (unless you decide to almost never throw to the TEs and RBs). This is particularly true with the emphasis on the running game.

On that same vein, the cost of keeping all 3 isn't plausible when you have to account for DK's upcoming mega deal.
I suppose you could just cut JJ when DK's deal comes due but that would make it unrealistic to spend a 2nd round and probably another player for him to begin with.

Lastly, I will note that JJ tends to disappear near the end zone. He only has 60 TDs in a 10 year career, and only one 10 TD season (his 2nd season). So 6 TDs a year. I don't know if this is on him or ATL but it should be noted.

So I doubt it for those reasons, but we shall see!
I think JJ wants a taste of winning again and getting back to the post season is more important than 100+ rec and a losing record. The Rams spread the ball around and it works. We've seen it first hand so it would be nice to have that same type of ammo going against that defense.

I only said future 2nd. If the Falcons want more then it's a hard pass.
His contract over the next 2 yrs is 15 mil this year, 11mil next yr and an out clause after that, so not bad considering the contract was heavily front loaded.

I'm not worried about his career TDs. All I care about is him making plays and helping this team win games and getting back to the SB.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think JJ wants a taste of winning again and getting back to the post season is more important than 100+ rec and a losing record. The Rams spread the ball around and it works. We've seen it first hand so it would be nice to have that same type of ammo going against that defense.

I only said future 2nd. If the Falcons want more then it's a hard pass.
His contract over the next 2 yrs is 15 mil this year, 11mil next yr and an out clause after that, so not bad considering the contract was heavily front loaded.

I'm not worried about his career TDs. All I care about is him making plays and helping this team win games and getting back to the SB.
We only have around $7 million left in cap room, and they probably need to keep most of that for in-season maneuvering. So while possible, it would take some combination of an Russ restructure, an Wagner restructure, and/or an Adams extension. Since the rumored Russ restructure hasn't materialized, the Wagner hasn't ever been considered to my knowledge, and an Adams extension might not free up very much, it might be tough to squeeze that much cap in. But I'm sure they could use "creative accounting" by the cap experts to make it work by sacrificing future cap space (a delicate risk).

All aspects should be considered though. 6 TDs per year isn't good return on $15 million. But it can be argued that his other aspects, namely receptions, yards per catch, etc, easily offset that relatively minor flaw. But do we really need to put that much cap space capital into an area that is already considered a strength?

If we have any cap space left, they probably should consider addressing the CB or LB positions. Those certainly would seem to be the wiser option. But J Jones would be one helluva roll of the dice

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so go into the 2022 draft with no 1st or 2nd round picks ... pass

in 2022 Hawks got a 2nd, 3rd two 4ths and their 5th, 6th and 7th round picks, I would like to keep those picks and try to get more to be honest seeing as we don't have that 1st.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julio Jones will still be owed $38 million from whoever treats for him. We still have to sign Jamal Adams, assuming we will.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get how Julio Jones is possible.

That said, this entire offseason has been 100% pro passing moves... (only early draft pick on WR, resigned a center and drafted a tackle who are good pass blockers but terrible run blockers, declined Penny's option, extended Lockett, hired an OC that RW is happy with, signed a TE who is a decent receiver but not good at run blocking) so I wouldn't be surprised, but I guess we wont have a 1st round pick for 3+ years.

If we did somehow acquire Jones and start this pound the rock mentality I'm SO DONE with Carroll. I'm already done with him IF he does this WITHOUT Jones.