• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doug Baldwin

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me that being a run heavy team will only hold back the offense. Wilson is more than capable of throwing the ball, we've seen it, he gets it done when you put the offense on his shoulders. Not that the Seahawks running game isn't good, but I'd like to ideally see a 1:1 ratio of run to pass, rather than being a run heavy team.

That's pretty much what we are. 11 more rushes than pass attempts last year (500 to 489). Now if you factor in that protecting late leads + RW scrambles surely account for more than 11 runs, and we were really passing a bit more than we were running in the flow of the game. The two previous seasons it was 70-80 more rushes than passes, so that's fairly close as well.

Last year RW showed he could lead a dynamite passing attack, yet listening to Baldwin interview on ESPN, where he states the Seahawks are going back to a run heavy offense has me believing that is the plan. I'm all for a balanced offense myself, they got the players for it. Now to see what happens.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would we want to get away from the run at all? If they ran the ball 60% of the time it would be because they would be very good at it and winning games like that. Not to mention it would basically give the defense another great shot at being #1 again.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would we want to get away from the run at all? If they ran the ball 60% of the time it would be because they would be very good at it and winning games like that. Not to mention it would basically give the defense another great shot at being #1 again.
You make a good point about a run heavy offense, but still I think a 50/50 run to pass offense could be great.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, most of the time teams run the ball a lot because they are ahead in the game and running it well. That's why I always get a chuckle when there's a stat thrown up during a game that says something like "Seattle is 30-1 when running it more than 30 times in a game" and the conclusion is we just need to run it more and we'll win. Most of the time it's not a conscious decision but instead a byproduct of the game situation.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I have Pete figured out, it is his mission to run the ball as long as the team is still in the game.
I have never heard him say that to be effective you need a great passing game, or a QB for that matter.
A great D.
A solid run game.
Protect the ball.
Am I right?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I have Pete figured out, it is his mission to run the ball as long as the team is still in the game.
I have never heard him say that to be effective you need a great passing game, or a QB for that matter.
A great D.
A solid run game.
Protect the ball.
Am I right?
Well, to have all those things, how much of the team did you just include there? Pretty much all of it. The QB is still the single most important player on any team, but I don't know if it makes sense to compare him to the entire defensive unit. One of the reasons our "run game" has been so good is due to RW directly with his running skills or indirectly with the threat of him being able to run as well as stretch the D with deep shots. It all pours in.