• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dorial Green-Beckham must sit in '14

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boz186qr%5B1%5D.jpg

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll get over it.

By smoking a big ass blunt.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wouldn't even have to be that big, these days.

No Big Bambu....

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn Ncaa. Out of DGB, Mayfield, and Shannon it looks like none of them might be qualified.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of saw this coming. Would've been nice to have him. Hopefully Bell and another receiver are able to take some of the attention off Shepard.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This wasn't unexpected really.
Trying to use a rule that wasn't really designed for his situation.
Kind of reaching.

Well, next year ought to be a heck of a season with everyone being able to play.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the right call. I do feel bad for Mayfield. He shoulda been able to play and Tech really did a number on him.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he was transferring to eastern Illinois. I had no idea he ended up at oklahoma

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt he even sticks around, next year. He'll practice and get better play vs the OU D and go to the next level. According to stories I've read, the work he's had to do at OU was way tougher than what he ever had to do as Mizoo, so it will only make him better.

Mayfield isn't done, yet. We'll see how it plays out.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield got screwed by Tech. At least he's got a redshirt to burn.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season has 2009 written all over it. OU lost Bradford, Gresham, DeMarco Murray, Simmons, Wort, English, Eldridge, Ryan Broyles, etc, to injuries during that season and they dropped to 8-5. OU is just too thin to expect a huge season this year if they've already lost Mixon, Shannon, DGR and probably Mayfield before they have even taken a snap. I'll bet anyone even money Trevor Knight won't stay healthy for 12 games during the regular season. If Blake Bell is moved back to QB it will be a desperation move. OU is green as a bean at running back. They are thin in other positions where any injuries will knock OU down a peg. In short, I submit I've been right all along: our best chance for a NC is 2015. OU should be loaded next year. This year will likely feel like a Bataan Death March trying to find our way through a schedule that should have been an easy march. Can't cry about it though; some of it is deserved when the players are being punished for teeing off on women. Baker Mayfield is the only one I'm bitter about if he can't play because TWreck/Kliff Kingsbury did a number on him. We won't be 8-5 but it won't be a good season by OU standards.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We turned out pretty good last season, no?

Where were we pre-season? 18?

Lots of questions all over the place..no QB, no WR, OL issues, DB questions...Everyone was EXPECTING 3-4 losses.

I didn't know our season depended on all of these "gifts" we weren't expecting. I didn't expect DGB to be on campus. I didn't expect a true Freshman to start at RB. I didn't expect Baker Mayfield to walk-on. Losing Shannon on the surface stings a bit...but I expect Mike will be able to make things work. I don't think anyone ranking OU in a poll took those "gifts" into account when placing them.

The only tangible things we lost this year were 3 RBs (my only source of true worry), two upperclassmen OL, a WR, and a DB really.

I don't expect a NC with our current set, though probable, but I certainly don't expect to lose more than 2 games.

Any season without a NC isn't a good season by OU standards IMHO.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We turned out pretty good last season, no?

Where were we pre-season? 18?

Lots of questions all over the place..no QB, no WR, OL issues, DB questions...Everyone was EXPECTING 3-4 losses.

I didn't know our season depended on all of these "gifts" we weren't expecting. I didn't expect DGB to be on campus. I didn't expect a true Freshman to start at RB. I didn't expect Baker Mayfield to walk-on. Losing Shannon on the surface stings a bit...but I expect Mike will be able to make things work. I don't think anyone ranking OU in a poll took those "gifts" into account when placing them.

The only tangible things we lost this year were 3 RBs (my only source of true worry), two upperclassmen OL, a WR, and a DB really.

I don't expect a NC with our current set, though probable, but I certainly don't expect to lose more than 2 games.

Any season without a NC isn't a good season by OU standards IMHO.

Let's look at the 2013 season. We were 1 play away from losing to Okie Jr. That 1 play would have kept us from making history in the Sugar Bowl where OU finally put it all together on offense but the defense still got the hell kicked out of it. Our defense got kicked by Texas, Baylor and Okie Jr. before the Alabama game which was really a nasty game for the defense with us giving up long play after long play. (Yea, we got 5 turnovers; that' the only reason we were still in that game.) That's 4 games where we either did lose or could have easily lost. Nothing's changed so far with either the players or the schemes to lead anyone to believe we are suddenly going to be a defensive juggernaut. Offensively we are not where we need to be at all. Trevor Knight only weighs 201 lbs. and has been injured and knocked out of games repeatedly. Who is our backup QB? Assuming Mayfield doesn't get to play, it's maybe Blake Bell again? Spare me. Running backs? Ford has hands of stone and Mixon will be sitting in Section 103 this season getting as many carries as you and I will. It's not all doom and gloom. Not by a long shot. But we're likely looking at another 2-3 loss season and it's getting damn old. It's been way over 5,000 days since our last NC. I don't look forward to knowing we are again not good enough to play ourselves into the NC game knowing we should win it. We haven't sniffed the NC game for the past five seasons. Now we can make it six seasons. Next year is when we are back in the hunt.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will not make fun of the Sooners.

... but someone else will.