• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dontae Johnson - You'd Better Be Awesome

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A lot of people said the same thing about Brown. It took 3 years for him to become a starter and then lost it that same year. Then he became a starter and a solid CB for a few years. I expect it to be about the same for Donate. He will take a few years to become a starter, but he will become a starter. It would not surprise me to see him start in 3 years. But, the secondary is pretty set for the next few years too.

Culliver (reports are 9ers are close to giving him a Brock type extension $16m/4 years) and Brock on the outside. Ward as the nickel. Reid and Bathea at safety.

Brock also took 3.5 years to start and look how well he played last season. I bet you never felt an UDFA signing who was on the PS for his first year from a small school and never played press coverage.

Brock has better straight line speed. He is a 4.37 40 guy. Johnson is a 4.45 guy. But Johnson is longer and more fluid in the hips. I think he will learn press coverage and be a good outside corner.

Honestly, Brock showed 0 flashes ever before this year, but he quickly won me over with his play in 2013. I would not want to wait 3 years for Johnson to develop into a "Brock". I still think even with his injury, Reaser has the best chance out of Acker and Johnson to become a solid CB.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont have any favorites as DBs yet but all of these guys like to hit and have great speed!! A need for us for several years and picks. I expect at least 4 of the 5 to make the team and show some ball skills and tackling speed a new wrinkle for our secondary I hope!! Go 49ers!!!

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will stick at CB