• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Don't want to hear how this was a cheap win

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, you, "Don't Want to hear hoW this Was a cheap Win"? Personally, a Win is a Win, no matter hoW it occurs. Winning is alWays the best strategy, ever Wonder Why? Cause loosing is Worse. If I Was a Green Bay fan, I Would have Wanted a Win, but instead it Was a loss. As a Bear Fan Winning especially against the Packers is Wonderful no matter hoW Woaful the packers played. Either you seW together a Win or you Wonder hoW you lose, Whinning about Winning or Losing is Worth about the same, but seWing together a bunch of Win's Would be Whimsically fun to Watch and I look forWard to it.

Face it, a W is a W...

NCChiFan

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^

3394672-word-collage-ransom-letter.jpg

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, you, "Don't Want to hear hoW this Was a cheap Win"? Personally, a Win is a Win, no matter hoW it occurs. Winning is alWays the best strategy, ever Wonder Why? Cause loosing is Worse. If I Was a Green Bay fan, I Would have Wanted a Win, but instead it Was a loss. As a Bear Fan Winning especially against the Packers is Wonderful no matter hoW Woaful the packers played. Either you seW together a Win or you Wonder hoW you lose, Whinning about Winning or Losing is Worth about the same, but seWing together a bunch of Win's Would be Whimsically fun to Watch and I look forWard to it.

Face it, a W is a W...

NCChiFan

Exactly- Is there EVER a time when a loss would usurp ANY win??? The answer is NO. Im not one to make excuses for losing, but at the same time never apologize for winning, either.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both starting QB's were out. Both had at least one key piece on Defense out. As far as fair goes I'd say the tables turned and made things Even. The Bears Won that game.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Flynn first came in as backup vs Detroit in 2nd quarter...
- 15/26, 177 yards, no TDs, 1 Interception
- Packers scored 3 points

That was not an impressive effort by Flynn.

It was the New England game the following week he looked much better as QB. He also took all the reps in practice, MM said offense gameplan was geared with him in mind and Flynn had 2 years in system and knew the playbook by that time... unfortunately Wallace is still learning offense.

I will be interested to see how Wallace does this week with full week of preparation. He will have better running game to help than Flynn did... but with Lang out, the running game may even be a bit worse off as well.

If Packers still want to make playoffs, the defense has to step up their game, which they did not vs Bears when they had opportunities. The offense will probably at best score 20 points a week. Clay and Perry both practiced on limited basis Wednesday... if they both can return will help.

Best case scenario for Packers IMO at this point
- Rodgers comes back in 4 weeks for Atlanta game
- Packers somehow go 2-2 in next 4 games without Rodgers (Eagles, @ Giants, Vikings, @ Lions)
- Packers win out or go 3-1 in last 4 and get final wildcard spot. Most likely have to beat the Bears in final game.
- Avoid more injuries

You guys have a pretty easy schedule in the time that Rodgers will be absent, aside from the Lions Thanksgiving game. Wouldn't be surprised to see you guys take 3 of those 4. AT LEAST, you should split.

Although, it's funny because when Cutler got hurt in 2011, everyone in Chicago said the same thing about the Bears in Hanie. They were 7-3 and REALLY picking up steam. I still can't believe the offense was bad enough (even with Hanie) for that team to lose five straight.

And yes... I agree Wallace will look better after a week of first team reps.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I predict Packers losses in every game not played in by Rodgers.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions board is awfully chirpy.

Would love nothing more than to hear nothing but crickets, come Monday morning.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With the way they chide Cutler, how quickly they forget that a Peppers "love tap" to Staffords shoulder results in a dislocation.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I'm pretty happy that I was banned from there.

For no reason...

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm pretty happy that I was banned from there.

For no reason...

Im finding some of them are extremely difficult to converse with even when its over posts that are 100% football related, no name calling, etc.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes... I agree Wallace will look better after a week of first team reps.

Packers have to hope Wallace can at least be a game manager... if he can do that, I think they can get 20 points a week. After that, it falls on the defense to give up less than 20 which may be the more difficult task. At least Clay is back it appears.

If we can split next 4 games I will be happy... honestly right now I do not see Packers beating Lions on Thanksgiving without Rodgers unless Lions have some injuries to Stafford and/or Johnson. I think that offense has too much potential to put up points that Packers cannot match without Rodgers.

Good luck with the Lions.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers have to hope Wallace can at least be a game manager... if he can do that, I think they can get 20 points a week. After that, it falls on the defense to give up less than 20 which may be the more difficult task. At least Clay is back it appears.

If we can split next 4 games I will be happy... honestly right now I do not see Packers beating Lions on Thanksgiving without Rodgers unless Lions have some injuries to Stafford and/or Johnson. I think that offense has too much potential to put up points that Packers cannot match without Rodgers.

Good luck with the Lions.

Hopefully neither of our teams see more injuries going forward. We've both seen enough. Good to hear Matthews is somewhat healthy and practicing. Should help.

As far as the Lions, the only thing working in our favor from a defensive standpoint, is the sub freezing wind chill forecasted for game time Sunday in Chicago. Maybe slow the dome team down a bit (I don't count on it). Detroit doesn't seem to be quite as sharp on the road though, so we'll see.

I could see a shootout in the forecast for Sunday afternoon as well.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what do you expect? It's Lions-Bears week. We're "chirpy" about our opponent every week regardless. This week just means more.

how quickly they forget that a Peppers "love tap" to Staffords shoulder results
in a dislocation.
LOL Far from a "love tap" bro. Peppers hit him damn hard. Backus completely whiffed and Peppers had a full head of steam on Stafford. Not gonna deny the big ass hit on Staff, but let's be real about it. Also, Stafford has healed nicely and has had zero big injuries since he reinjured it(came back too soon & no surgery after 1st one) the next season.

I was banned from there.

For no reason...
It wasn't for no reason bro. If any opposing fan came onto a board and came at us the way you did, he would be banned just like you. It's not a big thing to come to others' boards, but you acted like a douche and got called out. You have even had your "approach" called out on the fantasy board so it may be a wee bit your fault. Just saying...

As for the game, I expect it to be nothing like the first matchup. We are a completely different team indoors. With the weather going to be very cold, windy, possibly some form of precipitation, I expect the Bears to handle it much better than the Lions.

Not having to worry about Melton and Briggs is huge. Not sure how healthy Tillman is, I'm assuming almost fully recovered if not 80-90%. I think our offense will have some consistency issues(we always do) but I think we can hang more than a few points on your D.

Your big 3 playmakers in Marshall, Forte, and Jeffery are a huge concern. Our D isn't exactly playing lights out at the moment. If we can't get pressure, either through a 4-man front or some mixed in blitz packages, 'tis going to be a long day.

Like I said earlier, it's Lions-Bears week. We both hate each other so I'm not sure why everyone is so shocked at how conversations ultimately wind up. I'm nothere to take shots at the Bears(I'll do that on our own board so as to not rile up the masses. Here's to a great matchup and may the best team win. :suds:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same ole same ole, we won't be seeing any Lion fans next week anyway. Bears in a landslide this week.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same ole same ole, we won't be seeing any Lion fans next week anyway. Bears in a landslide this week.

Yeah, bc u guys were alllll over our board after our first matchup this year. Lmao

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what do you expect? It's Lions-Bears week. We're "chirpy" about our opponent every week regardless. This week just means more.

LOL Far from a "love tap" bro. Peppers hit him damn hard. Backus completely whiffed and Peppers had a full head of steam on Stafford. Not gonna deny the big ass hit on Staff, but let's be real about it. Also, Stafford has healed nicely and has had zero big injuries since he reinjured it(came back too soon & no surgery after 1st one) the next season.

It wasn't for no reason bro. If any opposing fan came onto a board and came at us the way you did, he would be banned just like you. It's not a big thing to come to others' boards, but you acted like a douche and got called out. You have even had your "approach" called out on the fantasy board so it may be a wee bit your fault. Just saying...

As for the game, I expect it to be nothing like the first matchup. We are a completely different team indoors. With the weather going to be very cold, windy, possibly some form of precipitation, I expect the Bears to handle it much better than the Lions.

Not having to worry about Melton and Briggs is huge. Not sure how healthy Tillman is, I'm assuming almost fully recovered if not 80-90%. I think our offense will have some consistency issues(we always do) but I think we can hang more than a few points on your D.

Your big 3 playmakers in Marshall, Forte, and Jeffery are a huge concern. Our D isn't exactly playing lights out at the moment. If we can't get pressure, either through a 4-man front or some mixed in blitz packages, 'tis going to be a long day.

Like I said earlier, it's Lions-Bears week. We both hate each other so I'm not sure why everyone is so shocked at how conversations ultimately wind up. I'm nothere to take shots at the Bears(I'll do that on our own board so as to not rile up the masses. Here's to a great matchup and may the best team win. :suds:

Obviously I highly disagree.

The thing on the fantasy board was also a misunderstanding that was immediately worked out, because those were reasonable human beings.

The thing on the Lions board was ONE harsh post that I IMMMMEEEEDIATELY apologized for, and proceeded to be extremely kind after. I even came back and congratulated your fan base on your team's dominant performance.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clearly, the whole thing will never be agreed upon.

The only thing that annoys me is that I take responsibility for my portion of the bull shit, and the Lions fans that never let it go and came at me somehow feel like they didn't perpetuate the whole thing.

If you would have just accepted my god damned apology, WTF would it have hurt? Could have just moved along. I was an ass for ONE post on a message board, in which I never even went after anyone personally. Just the Lions. When MULTIPLE people came at me on a personal basis.

Just saying... maybe it was a TAAAAAAAD your guys fault. As well.

Either way, I have nothing against you. If memory serves me correctly, you were decent to me. So, here's to an injury free game Sunday. Cheers :suds:

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way, I have nothing against you. If memory serves me correctly, you
were decent to me.
I was and I am on the fantasy board as well. I'm honest in my assessment of the Lions and Bears. I may not be right, but I'm as honest as I can be. As much as I want my Lions to win and take control of the division, I'm not blind to the fact that this will be a tough game, one in which I think Vegas has the wrong underdog.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:suds:

That's fine. I really wasn't bothered by it...I just responded to SLC's post with what I thought seemed to be an appropriate manner.

Apparently, no one on your board knows what this means tho...;)

:happy: