• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Don't want to hear how this was a cheap win

C

cubzzzfanincali

hey congrats on your gambling win, good stuff!

I guess I won't call it "cheap"...no regular season game can be called that...but let's just call it "2nd quarter exhibitiony", since the top guys on both sides of the ball on both teams were out. But hey I always say that depth matters, you can't whine about injuries, and the league plays the games to see who is tougher for a reason, so sorry Pack, you sucked last night, in that you couldn't even beat the Bears backups on your own FieldTurf.

C

cubzzzfanincali

It wasn't a cheap win. Congrats. All it shows though is you can barely beat us without our QB, best defensive player, and #2 WR.

You are right. We were only able to do that much. I'm just glad we did it without our QB, no defensive tackles on the roster, a D-grade linebacking corps, abysmal tackling (Major Wright is unbelievably awful), bad special teams play, and Roberto Garza at center. At Lambeau.

Thanks for pointing out all it shows us.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Cutler is nothing compared to losing Rodgers. Congrats though. You guys capitalized on that and won by a TD against Cenical Wallace or whoever the hell that was.

Good god man, shut your fucking cock holster.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Rodgers being hurt changed the game dramatically. However, it was our backup QB vs their backup QB. Our banged up D missing or best player, versus their banged up D missing their best player.

The Bears depth beat the Packers depth. That's how the NFL works sometimes. Really happy we finally got back to winning ways versus GB.

Great win for this team. Gutsy. Grabbing a win versus Detroit and taking hold of this division would be really something considering everything that's happened.

:agree:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Cutler is nothing compared to losing Rodgers. Congrats though. You guys capitalized on that and won by a TD against Cenical Wallace or whoever the hell that was.

Rodgers is a clear cut better qb than Cutler,but he is/was the starter of our team.Losing him and then going to a back up,which one would you rather of had starting for your team...........As I thought.

C

cubzzzfanincali

and we can`t beat a 2nd string Bears qb......Damn are we great.

~Packer Fans~

yeah, and with a TERRIBLE defense.

And, um, at Lambeau.

I think the only real take home everyone got from last night had nothing to do with the Bears though. The real message?

Take away Aaron Rodgers, and the Packers totally suck.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And, um, at Lambeau.

I think the only real take home everyone got from last night had nothing to do with the Bears though. The real message?

:suds:

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And, um, at Lambeau.

Well take away the starter on any team with a good to great QB and see what happens. Whats Denver if Peyton goes down? Or the Pats without Brady?

No excuses from me. You guys won a tough game. We could bitch about ARod going down until we are blue in the face but the fact is we were still in the game the entire time. Our defense couldn't get off the field and with Wallace posing zero threat of a passing game it caught up to us as the game wore on.

Congrats on getting one from us finally.:suds:

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well take away the starter on any team with a good to great QB and see what happens. Whats Denver if Peyton goes down? Or the Pats without Brady?

No excuses from me. You guys won a tough game. We could bitch about ARod going down until we are blue in the face but the fact is we were still in the game the entire time. Our defense couldn't get off the field and with Wallace posing zero threat of a passing game it caught up to us as the game wore on.

Passive aggressiveness can be fun.

The Bears also lost a "good" QB in Cutler. Is it the same as losing Rodgers? No, but look at the Bears track record without Cutler since he arrived. IT'S HORRENDUS. Now people are acting like losing Jay is just "no big deal".

... I watched the two games Flynn started for GB. Things didn't look too bad. In fact, not bad at all. Now... I'm not saying Rodgers isn't a HOF QB, or that he isn't head and shoulders above Cutler. All I'm saying... is that, well... I'm just saying...

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with your defense you think if Cutler missed the rest of the rest of the season McCown is taking you to the playoffs?

And I was being sincere...it has been awhile for you guys or have the last three years been a dream like Bobby Ewing dying?

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So with your defense you think if Cutler missed the rest of the rest of the season McCown is taking you to the playoffs?

And I was being sincere...it has been awhile for you guys or have the last three years been a dream like Bobby Ewing dying?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No...

That was one of the main points of my post.

And I was being sincere...

Eh... not really, but it's okay. I don't really expect you to be. I'd probably be saying the same thing if I was a Packers fan.

it has been awhile for you guys or have the last three years been a dream like Bobby Ewing dying?

No, it's been a while. Which is why I said in the OP that "it's nice to get back to winning ways versus GB".

C

cubzzzfanincali

Thanks for the congrats. Been awhile, but it's a great rivalry. Still is.

While I get your point, and agree in large part, there are two things though. One....some teams can in fact endure the loss of a great starter, even QB. Brady's own start to his career being a great example. But more coomon are teams that don't totally fall apart completely with one guy going down. Several guys, or somewhat worse, sure.

But even my Packer buddies agree that the Packers are terrible without Rodgers. Eddie Lacy did a great job though.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the congrats. Been awhile, but it's a great rivalry. Still is.

While I get your point, and agree in large part, there are two things though. One....some teams can in fact endure the loss of a great starter, even QB. Brady's own start to his career being a great example. But more coomon are teams that don't totally fall apart completely with one guy going down. Several guys, or somewhat worse, sure.

But even my Packer buddies agree that the Packers are terrible without Rodgers. Eddie Lacy did a great job though.

That offense sure didn't miss a beat with Matt Flynn at the helm the two starts he made. He sure didn't work out anywhere else. I get that Wallace stinks, but man... people are sure quick to be sympathetic for GB and completely forget how bad Chicago has been without Cutler in his time here.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rodgers doesn't usually play Defense, even if he was in there it was gonna be alot closer than anyone thought, we were 10 point under dogs and we were missing our only good NT and 2 of our starting Linebackers. McClellen evened it up at QB. anyway we will always take a division win in the middle of a season, the Packers would have loved it if they beat us and the Janitor was playing QB for us. Rodgers shouldn't risk hi self so often, He coulda been working on that injury all season. If it was reversed and Cutler went down in the game and you already had your back up in you would have said Cutler was a quiter.lol

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it's been a pretty hard crash-landing for the packtards this week.
Straight up, both teams missing key players on O and on D, you lost at home.
Injuries happen, and have affected every team.

DA BEARS put the better team on the field.
It's as simple as that.

GO IGGLES!!

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That offense sure didn't miss a beat with Matt Flynn at the helm the two starts he made. He sure didn't work out anywhere else. I get that Wallace stinks, but man... people are sure quick to be sympathetic for GB and completely forget how bad Chicago has been without Cutler in his time here.

Matt Flynn first came in as backup vs Detroit in 2nd quarter...
- 15/26, 177 yards, no TDs, 1 Interception
- Packers scored 3 points

That was not an impressive effort by Flynn.

It was the New England game the following week he looked much better as QB. He also took all the reps in practice, MM said offense gameplan was geared with him in mind and Flynn had 2 years in system and knew the playbook by that time... unfortunately Wallace is still learning offense.

I will be interested to see how Wallace does this week with full week of preparation. He will have better running game to help than Flynn did... but with Lang out, the running game may even be a bit worse off as well.

If Packers still want to make playoffs, the defense has to step up their game, which they did not vs Bears when they had opportunities. The offense will probably at best score 20 points a week. Clay and Perry both practiced on limited basis Wednesday... if they both can return will help.

Best case scenario for Packers IMO at this point
- Rodgers comes back in 4 weeks for Atlanta game
- Packers somehow go 2-2 in next 4 games without Rodgers (Eagles, @ Giants, Vikings, @ Lions)
- Packers win out or go 3-1 in last 4 and get final wildcard spot. Most likely have to beat the Bears in final game.
- Avoid more injuries

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gfy-twisted-arms.gif

Go back to your team page, and talk about how your season is over.