• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dont look now San Francisco is back

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe Breaker was right about san fran winning the division. :lol: seattle fans u scared?
I don't have a dog in that hunt, but I don't see how SF is going to magically produce a crew of receivers that can generate mismatches against SEA's secondary (which was a pretty big problem for the Niners the first time around (to put it lightly)).

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a dog in that hunt, but I don't see how SF is going to magically produce a crew of receivers that can generate mismatches against SEA's secondary (which was a pretty big problem for the Niners the first time around (to put it lightly)).

Manningham is supposed to be back for Week 10. Crabtree hopefully by the last couple of weeks (main issue is if he can be full speed come playoff time). Those will help immensely. I thought Patton might step up as a rookie, or Baldwin, but Patton got hurt and Baldwin has not done much at all. No question WR is an area of concern, but its still a run first team and should always be with this O-line and Gore.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is the better team until we beat them convincingly in our own house. We haven't really beaten any impressive teams since losing to Indy and honestly other then beating us neither have the Hawks. So we just have to wait and see, I think us having to play the Saints in New Orleans is a huge blow for us seeing as the Hawks get them at home and play a horrible looking Atlanta team on the road.

Also I would much rather play the Giants as RG3 seems to be getting his groove back and is looking a lot more explosive so that game will be a challenge.

At this point I see Seattle winning the Division @ 14-2
Niners getting the 5th seed WC at either 12-4 or 13-3

But who knows what might happen just how it looks to me right now.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle is the better team until we beat them convincingly in our own house. We haven't really beaten any impressive teams since losing to Indy and honestly other then beating us neither have the Hawks. So we just have to wait and see, I think us having to play the Saints in New Orleans is a huge blow for us seeing as the Hawks get them at home and play a horrible looking Atlanta team on the road.

Also I would much rather play the Giants as RG3 seems to be getting his groove back and is looking a lot more explosive so that game will be a challenge.

Kudos for looking at this with out rose colored glasses. I think you hit it on the nose.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle will beat SF in Frisco ending all of this drama. The question is will it be a thrashing like we have come to expect or will it be a close game?
Limit Gore (SF can't stop The Beast) and keep Kaep in the pocket. Again the LOB will shut down SF's WR's/TE and Kaep will go down in flames...again.
IMO Seattle wins by 8+.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still too early in the season imo.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle will beat SF in Frisco ending all of this drama. The question is will it be a thrashing like we have come to expect or will it be a close game?
Limit Gore (SF can't stop The Beast) and keep Kaep in the pocket. Again the LOB will shut down SF's WR's/TE and Kaep will go down in flames...again.
IMO Seattle wins by 8+.

Righhhht.
Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It's not like the 49ers were ever gone. Even a great team could lose to the Colts (Denver & Seattle did), and Seattle hasn't lost at home in a long time. So those 2 losses weren't exactly reasons to think the Niners weren't still a great team.

They do have a few serious issues though. The worst of which is Aldon Smith not playing. If the Niners can get him back for the playoffs (unlikely), their biggest issue is resolved. If not, I don't like their chances.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your a funny guy. I smile every time I see you post. Tell me why should we be scared? Did we not beat them head to head? Do we not have a full game up on the 49ers? Lets take a look at the Seahawks schedule .
@ Rams who just lost their starting QB, and their backup is really, really bad.
TB at home TB is starting a rookie and haven't played well at all this year and the game is in the Clink
@Falcons a team I though should be a SB contender, but injuries have derailed this this badly.
Minnesota at home. Minnesota is now on their third QB, a TB reject no less and the game is at the Clink
Bye

Saints at home This is a big game and the Saints are a dangerous team, but it's at the clink.
@49ers Seahawks really match up well with the 49ers and we have already thumped them twice
Cards at home
Rams at home

Now by the time we play the Saints, Seahawks will have Harvin playing and all our OL should be back. So far Seahawks have had as many as three starting OL linemen out, once the starters are all back the offense should be clicking much better then now.

Seahawks fans are not worried about the 49ers, or how well they play, because the Seahawks have the luxury of being able to lose a game ( as long as it isn't to the 49ers) and still have their destiny in their own hands. 49ers on the other hand really can't afford to stub their toe with another clunker of a game. One more lose and their chances start looking like a long shot, heck it's already a long shot

Now I want to add that things can change quickly so you never know, but certainly there is no reason to be scared at this point.:suds:

Between those two posts, Breaker99's head just exploded.:laugh3:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think San Fran would rebound after they lost to the Colts but I was wrong. San Fran is very much a legit contender for the SBOWL re-appearance at this point. Gotta remember, they struggled last year when the best 3-4 pass rusher in the NFL (Justin Smith in case you're a non NFL fan and don't know) went down.

I'm hoping we get a San Fran/Seattle NFC Championship showdown (I think that's possible). What a game it would be. Best game of the year (including Super Bowl) IMO would be those two teams. Carroll vs. Harbaugh. Wilson vs. Kaep. San Frans front 7 vs. Legion of Boom. Man oh man... lots of headlines. Can't believe TWO West Coast Teams would actually get tons of legit articles/media and none of it is a charity case at this point.

Tacoma_canuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't see how any of the current state of the NFCW is a surprise. Seattle beat San Fran at home to get that one game edge and it is staying there. I recall saying after the Niners lost to the Colts that if they get back to letting Gore do his thing and play smarter, they would be just fine and here we are. As I said then and still maintain, the match-up at Candlestick will decide the division and likely HFA for the play-offs. Both teams are still the elite of the NFC and it should be a great second half of the season. It's just stupid to think that these first 7 games are exactly how the season will end. We all know the NFL comes down to what you do after Thanksgiving, not before. As has been pointed out, the only team (other than the head to head) that is legit had been Indy and they beat us both. When we beat some actual contenders, then maybe we can see how good we really are. That goes for both teams. The rest of this back and forth is just a bunch of useless bullshit.

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's not like the 49ers were ever gone. Even a great team could lose to the Colts (Denver & Seattle did), and Seattle hasn't lost at home in a long time. So those 2 losses weren't exactly reasons to think the Niners weren't still a great team.

They do have a few serious issues though. The worst of which is Aldon Smith not playing. If the Niners can get him back for the playoffs (unlikely), their biggest issue is resolved. If not, I don't like their chances.

This is basically how I felt. I never thought they were out of it after losing to two good teams. The thing is they could still stumble into the playoffs at 9-7 and still be a legit contender to win it all. They have the pieces and anybody can go on a run and get lucky and in it all. Ravens and Giants both recently did this. Although I will say they will need two things to get through Seattle if we get home field advantage: Brilliant play calling by Harbaugh and luck.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how any of the current state of the NFCW is a surprise. Seattle beat San Fran at home to get that one game edge and it is staying there. I recall saying after the Niners lost to the Colts that if they get back to letting Gore do his thing and play smarter, they would be just fine and here we are. As I said then and still maintain, the match-up at Candlestick will decide the division and likely HFA for the play-offs. Both teams are still the elite of the NFC and it should be a great second half of the season. It's just stupid to think that these first 7 games are exactly how the season will end. We all know the NFL comes down to what you do after Thanksgiving, not before. As has been pointed out, the only team (other than the head to head) that is legit had been Indy and they beat us both. When we beat some actual contenders, then maybe we can see how good we really are. That goes for both teams. The rest of this back and forth is just a bunch of useless bullshit.

Could be, unless the 49ers stumble and fall back to two games. I could see that happening.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers played atrocious against Seattle and the Colts. They were never 'gone' they just got over confident or took the weeks off. I wouldn't say they're better than Seattle until they play again, but the 49ers are playing much better than they were in the 2nd and 3rd week. Don't understand why there is so much hate between Seattle and the niners fans. Seattles playing good ball, and I don't have a problem losing to a team that is dominating the league right now. I have more a problem in the way we lose the games, blow outs.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its kind of random that both teams sort of have this early-mid season lull in their schedule with a lot of winnable games. To both teams credit, they are winning those games. It will be after week 10 or so that things get interesting.

Right now clearly SF has to beat Seattle at home to have any chance of the Division. If Seattle wins, race over.

If SF wins, then it comes down to the rest of the games. As another poster pointed out, Seattle has a slight advantage with the schedule IMO. The Saints are by far and away the toughest mutual opponent and Seattle gets em at home. Also, the Giants is a better match-up than the Skins (especially as Washington will probably start to pull it together as the season progresses). The Vikes were also an easier match-up than Green Bay, but the 9'ers already won that games so its a moot point. We get Atlanta at home, but without their vaunted passing attack, I cant see them beating either team at anywhere.

In reality, one or both teams will probably blow a "easy" game or two. We never thought we were gonna lose/tie the Rams last year, and Seattle probably thought the same about Miami or St Louis last year.

Should be a fun race and its great to see the NFC West getting its due. Also, lets not forget that Wild Card teams have won a lot of Super Bowls recently, and both are good enough to make a run from the 5 seed.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think San Fran would rebound after they lost to the Colts but I was wrong. San Fran is very much a legit contender for the SBOWL re-appearance at this point. Gotta remember, they struggled last year when the best 3-4 pass rusher in the NFL (Justin Smith in case you're a non NFL fan and don't know) went down.

I'm hoping we get a San Fran/Seattle NFC Championship showdown (I think that's possible). What a game it would be. Best game of the year (including Super Bowl) IMO would be those two teams. Carroll vs. Harbaugh. Wilson vs. Kaep. San Frans front 7 vs. Legion of Boom. Man oh man... lots of headlines. Can't believe TWO West Coast Teams would actually get tons of legit articles/media and none of it is a charity case at this point.

Unfortunately most of those headlines are only appealing to San Fran and Seattle. Sorry, but it's true.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Its kind of random that both teams sort of have this early-mid season lull in their schedule with a lot of winnable games. To both teams credit, they are winning those games. It will be after week 10 or so that things get interesting.

Right now clearly SF has to beat Seattle at home to have any chance of the Division. If Seattle wins, race over.

If SF wins, then it comes down to the rest of the games. As another poster pointed out, Seattle has a slight advantage with the schedule IMO. The Saints are by far and away the toughest mutual opponent and Seattle gets em at home. Also, the Giants is a better match-up than the Skins (especially as Washington will probably start to pull it together as the season progresses). The Vikes were also an easier match-up than Green Bay, but the 9'ers already won that games so its a moot point.

The funny thing is in the unlikely event that the Niners & Seattle don't lose to anyone else this season and SF beats Seattle later in the season, those teams you mentioned would play a crucial role in who wins the division.

The only teams who aren't on both schedule are the Vikings & Giants (Seattle) and the packers & Redskins (49ers). Right now, in this unlikely scenario, the 49ers would win the tie breaker because GB & Wash have a combined 6 wins while NYG & MINN have a combined 2 wins.

So if it comes down to that, Seattle may want to root for the Giants & Vikings (when Seattle isn't playing them of course).