• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Donaldson to Atlanta

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moustakas was worth 5.1 WAR in 2016-18. Donaldson was worth 4.8 in an injury-shortened 2017 alone. Moose ain't bad, but I'd much rather pony up the extra $15M+ for a dude that was arguably the 2nd best player only a year+ ago.

really hope Josh can return to 2017 form for a few more years. he could have an interesting HOF case IMO.

Admittedly, “sucks” is harsh and not true. Still, fuck him.

Comparing him to Donaldson is a joke. And I dislike Donaldson.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m also drunk, and pissed off about my avi that I’m wearing for a baseball bet, so I’m trying really hard not to bring up sixty-two points.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One year deal, more money than I would like, but potentially high reward. Don't mind it.

Probably means that either Dansby Swanson or Johan Camargo is gonna be traded away though, that or Austin Riley is gonna be used in a major trade, but if Donaldson is 3/4 the player he was before his injury, it improves our offense without sacrificing much on defense.

Less than thrilled about the Brian McCann nostalgia signing though.

chew, I don't understand Atlanta bringing McCann back at all so maybe you can explain this to me. What role do you see him fitting in to? Where will his value be? Maybe he will be an inspiration to the younger Braves players in the clubhouse but Hank Aaron could do that. I just don't understand this move.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you get ass cancer.

Also, I hope you get that Vietnam syphilis where you’ll have to smash your schvanson with a rubber mallet. It’ll look like a weird blue pancake with hairy warts.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
chew, I don't understand Atlanta bringing McCann back at all so maybe you can explain this to me. What role do you see him fitting in to? Where will his value be? Maybe he will be an inspiration to the younger Braves players in the clubhouse but Hank Aaron could do that. I just don't understand this move.

It’s a $2MM deal, right?

No consequence.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Platoon with Tyler Flowers I guess. He is left handed at least.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Moustakas was the best 3rd baseman on the market, he could not get anyone to bite and settled for a putrid contract very late in the offseason. 1 year later the best 3rd baseman on the market immediately gets signed for a huge dollar amount.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moustakas was the best 3rd baseman on the market, he could not get anyone to bite and settled for a putrid contract very late in the offseason. 1 year later the best 3rd baseman on the market immediately gets signed for a huge dollar amount.
LOL..comparing Mouse to JD is reaking retarded and ridiculous. Mouse is barely above average MLB player...JD is an MVP, talent and superstar. No comparison.

And to complain about a one year deal???? LOL

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL..comparing Mouse to JD is reaking retarded and ridiculous. Mouse is barely above average MLB player...JD is an MVP, talent and superstar. No comparison.

And to complain about a one year deal???? LOL

No complaint, just funny how the market plays out one year to the next.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True and sometimes you need a day off in the heat of the summer or a day game after a night game.

Neither of our catchers are fit to be everyday types. Flowers has been in a platoon type role for the last two seasons. Only positive I can really think of with basically trading Kurt Suzuki for Brian McCann is now we can have a true platoon since Flowers is a righty and McCann is a lefty.

tomcat1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither of our catchers are fit to be everyday types. Flowers has been in a platoon type role for the last two seasons. Only positive I can really think of with basically trading Kurt Suzuki for Brian McCann is now we can have a true platoon since Flowers is a righty and McCann is a lefty.

That's the only thing I can come with since the Braves didn't ask me for my opinion.