• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Don Jones Fined and Suspended for Tweets

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your 1st point in bold is not true...you're free to say whatever you want for the most part...but, when you say things that are targeted against someone's sexual preferences, gender, color, race, etc. and your employer doesn't approve of it, they are free to take action against you.

I'm with you, I didn't like what I saw and I can come on here and say I didn't like it, but you have to be able to handle consequences should they come your way...I wouldn't go on my company's intranet and say something negative about a gay co-worker regarding sexual preference...knowing what I do about HR...yes, I would get fired.

i see this as total BS. in other words, you must goose-step to what ever the "employer" says you must. that violates everything this country has stood for. the founding fathers fought for our rights to believe, think and speak how we feel against our English suppressors who told us how we would live, think and talk. now you are telling me that we no longer have the right to think or speak without clearing it with our Overlords

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish this shit would stay in the political forum.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i see this as total BS. in other words, you must goose-step to what ever the "employer" says you must. that violates everything this country has stood for. the founding fathers fought for our rights to believe, think and speak how we feel against our English suppressors who told us how we would live, think and talk. now you are telling me that we no longer have the right to think or speak without clearing it with our Overlords

You're a fucking idiot who has posted (and been refuted) over and over on this very point. Keep spreading your shit though if it makes you happy...NOBODY is agreeing with you.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't agree and i doubt the Founding Fathers would either

Your agreement or disagreement does not mean jack shit when you're presented with FACTS.

It's true whether or not your choose to be an behave like an idiot on this board.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're a fucking idiot who has posted (and been refuted) over and over on this very point. Keep spreading your shit though if it makes you happy...NOBODY is agreeing with you.

continue on with your goose-stepping. i have a right to my opinion and nothing that robots that can't see where this is leading will stop me from posting my OPINION

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your agreement or disagreement does not mean jack shit when you're presented with FACTS.

It's true whether or not your choose to be an behave like an idiot on this board.

and you can continue to act like total ass. what facts? someone says your employer isn't bound by the Constitution prove it

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
continue on with your goose-stepping. i have a right to my opinion and nothing that robots that can't see where this is leading will stop me from posting my OPINION

You have the right to your opinion.

I have the right to point out that you don't know jack shit about this subject and that everyone should ignore what you say regarding the 1st amendment being violated because YOU HAVE PROVEN YOURSELF TO BE AN IDIOT.

I also have the right to inform you that EVERYONE AGREES WITH ME THAT YOU ARE AN IDIOT ON THIS TOPIC. No one is rushing to defend your viewpoint on the 1st amendment are they?

I hope your fragile ego hasn't been harmed.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you can continue to act like total ass. what facts? someone says your employer isn't bound by the Constitution prove it

The fact that his first amendment rights have NOT been violated. That is a fact. You cannot demonstrate how they were without a HUGE distortion of what the 1st amendment protects.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish this shit would stay in the political forum.

Well Sam has lied saying this is a football situation so it should stayed here. Once he finally comes clean and says he is trying to make a political statement for cash in then the topic should be moved.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Sam has lied saying this is a football situation so it should stayed here. Once he finally comes clean and says he is trying to make a political statement for cash in then the topic should be moved.

It should be moved regardless. We're well past the point of discussing his football skills.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't agree and i doubt the Founding Fathers would either

The founding fathers would tell him that he wont be thrown in jail, but its up to the company as how to how they choose to present themselves.

Basically, they would tell him that along with the freedom that they grant him includes the freedom to find a new fucking job if he does like his current one.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here you go. Cornell Law schools webpage on the First Amendment.

First Amendment | Wex Legal Dictionary / Encyclopedia | LII / Legal Information Institute

Here's a relevant section.
The most basic component of freedom of expression is the right of freedom of speech. The right to freedom of speech allows individuals to express themselves without interference or constraint by the government. The Supreme Court requires the government to provide substantial justification for the interference with the right of free speech where it attempts to regulate the content of the speech. A less stringent test is applied for content-neutral legislation. The Supreme Court has also recognized that the government may prohibit some speech that may cause a breach of the peace or cause violence. For more on unprotected and less protected categories of speech see advocacy of illegal action, fighting words, commercial speech and obscenity. The right to free speech includes other mediums of expression that communicate a message. The level of protection speech receives also depends on the forum in which it takes place.

If that's not good enough for you, here is the text of the amendment itself. Please use it in your argument to show me how his first amendment rights have been violated.

AMENDMENT I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

I'm waiting for an intelligent response, but I'm not holding my breath.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay Bo, i see what you are saying, he has absolutely no rights if the company says so

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol

English suppresors? Overlords?

We are FREE to quit our jobs any time. Stop playing the victim. I assume youre a kid, because anyone that has ever had a job knows that its up to them how you represent them.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay Bo, i see what you are saying, he has absolutely no rights if the company says so

No. He has the right to tell the company to fuck themselves and go start his own business. But apparently youre more of a fan of being spoonfed by your employer. Newsflash: you represent your employer, they dont represent you.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

English suppresors? Overlords?

We are FREE to quit our jobs any time. Stop playing the victim. I assume youre a kid, because anyone that has ever had a job knows that its up to them how you represent them.

the exact opposite. i have worked for more years than you have been around and during all that time i never saw anything like this. not one of my employers ever suspended or fired an employee who was under contract for speaking his mind on such a subject or really any subject. it seems to be a recent development in this country that i find disquieting.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still waiting for the intelligent response....

(I freaking gave you the amendment, if you were even a little honest you'd admit that you can't make an intelligent point regarding the 1st amendment)

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. He has the right to tell the company to fuck themselves and go start his own business. But apparently youre more of a fan of being spoonfed by your employer. Newsflash: you represent your employer, they dont represent you.

even under contract there is a limit to what rights the employer has over your thoughts and comments, in this case i think Miami over-reacted and overstepped their rights. sorry that you don't agree and that you feel that the contract gives them the right to tell him what he must accept.

that's your right, i chose to disagree

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for the intelligent response....

(I freaking gave you the amendment, if you were even a little honest you'd admit that you can't make an intelligent point regarding the 1st amendment)

i said i see what you are saying. i still think the company overstepped their rights by telling him what he is allowed to think or say.