• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins owners says there will be NFL games, with asses in the seats

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Games, yes. Fans? I hope so, but I'd have to say I doubt it right now. All you have to do is look at the pictures of how stupid most of the people are in areas where things are opening up. If people were total idiots we could open up and open safely. How do you handle the crowd of people before and after games? The bathroom lines? The idiots who will tailgate with complete disregard for health and safety. People sitting and rubbing shoulders with the person next to them because the seats are so close. If people weren't so dumb we could figure out a way to do it safely (maybe staggered entrance and exits and every other seat empty), but the idiots will ruin it for everyone else just like always. I mean, you have people in Philly who eat dog shit and pee on opposing fans and throw up on little girls. These degenerates are going to wear a mask at all times and keep as much social distancing as possible and respect their fellow fans? You will have NFL fans screaming and spewing their spit all over the stadium each time something happens that pisses them off. You will have drunks that lose all track of personal space and safety measures. Plus, I don't think the league will allow it in individual cities and it would have to be globally which would mean all cities are allowing it.

I hope we get to the point by early September that we can do this, but I just don't see it happening and also continuing every week without a second wave coming and suspending the fans part way through the year.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not optimistic about fans.

German Bundesliga is playing without fans. NASCAR is doing it. F1 is considering it.

I think it's going to be hard enough keeping these players (who are not rocket scientists) from wiping out a locker room.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"I think there definitely will be a football season this year," Ross said Tuesday during an interview with CNBC. "Real question is, will there be fans in the stadium? Right now -- today -- we're planning to have fans in the stadium."

That in red is a little different from the headline, but we know want headlines are for.

Right now, today could obviously change by September.

Blank has said something similar in terms of what they are planning on...I hope he's right in some shape or form, but the truth is nobody really knows yet.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Games, yes. Fans? I hope so, but I'd have to say I doubt it right now. All you have to do is look at the pictures of how stupid most of the people are in areas where things are opening up. If people were total idiots we could open up and open safely. How do you handle the crowd of people before and after games? The bathroom lines? The idiots who will tailgate with complete disregard for health and safety. People sitting and rubbing shoulders with the person next to them because the seats are so close. If people weren't so dumb we could figure out a way to do it safely (maybe staggered entrance and exits and every other seat empty), but the idiots will ruin it for everyone else just like always. I mean, you have people in Philly who eat dog shit and pee on opposing fans and throw up on little girls. These degenerates are going to wear a mask at all times and keep as much social distancing as possible and respect their fellow fans? You will have NFL fans screaming and spewing their spit all over the stadium each time something happens that pisses them off. You will have drunks that lose all track of personal space and safety measures. Plus, I don't think the league will allow it in individual cities and it would have to be globally which would mean all cities are allowing it.

I hope we get to the point by early September that we can do this, but I just don't see it happening and also continuing every week without a second wave coming and suspending the fans part way through the year.

I'm sure the owners are thinking thru all of the options with fans...because many of these fans don't actually attend the games...if the games are played...unless it's shutdown...tailgaters will still tailgate...fans in games or not.

I'm with you...I don't expect fans in the stands, but if there my guess it would be a fraction of capacity.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I think there definitely will be a football season this year," Ross said Tuesday during an interview with CNBC. "Real question is, will there be fans in the stadium? Right now -- today -- we're planning to have fans in the stadium."

That in red is a little different from the headline, but we know want headlines are for.

Right now, today could obviously change by September.

Blank has said something similar in terms of what they are planning on...I hope he's right in some shape or form, but the truth is nobody really knows yet.
the nfl will die without stadium revenue. its a majority of where player salaries are derived.
fanless games would kill the league. as with most others.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not optimistic about fans.

German Bundesliga is playing without fans. NASCAR is doing it. F1 is considering it.

I think it's going to be hard enough keeping these players (who are not rocket scientists) from wiping out a locker room.
There will be fans in the stands.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The majority of deaths from Covid-19 are the elderly.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The majority of deaths from Covid-19 are the elderly.

And: According to Radio + Television Business Report (RBR.com) the age of live sports viewers is scewing older. Much older. Today the average NFL viewer is at least 50.Jul 29, 2019

Jus sayin....

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And: According to Radio + Television Business Report (RBR.com) the age of live sports viewers is scewing older. Much older. Today the average NFL viewer is at least 50.Jul 29, 2019

Jus sayin....
This is hard to believe.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they do it's probably gonna be half capacity stadiums or something similar

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if ya think about.
Nfl is expensive to go to.
How many 20 or even 30 year old fans can afford to take their families on a consistent basis?
Both of my brothers.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang it I'm jealous......I used to go when I lived in Dallas, but that was a while back and it was more affordable.
Everything was more affordable 10 years ago.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything was more affordable 10 years ago.

Haha...I'm talking 40 years ago when I used to go to Texas Stadium on a regular basis.
And Arlington Stadium.
Those were the days.