• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins News

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slater, Dickerson, Humphrey

Also keep in mind the Fins coached at the Senior bowl. They may have another center that they like from seeing the practices firsthand.
I think it was Meneirez or something that caught their eye as a possible C/G option in the draft.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d take Humphrey at the top of the 2nd if he’s there without thinking twice. I think someone snags him in the first round though.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deiter is already a backup so makes sense that they are grooming him. For all we know they are happy with his progress but maybe he's more of a career backup at C/G. Any of these top guys below can be drafted and learn from Skura and hopefully eventually beat him out.

I have already read through Walter Footballk C rankings. I started looking when Andrews said he was going to test the market. I don't like any of them. So who are the 3-4 guys you like?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Humphrey would be an excellent pick. The Fins can maneuver and pick whoever they want (other than the top 2 QBs & the Fins have a potential franchise QB)

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was Meneirez or something that caught their eye as a possible C/G option in the draft.
Meneirez looks like a good gurd. I havn't heard anything about center experience but at least he looks like NFL level quality.
Slater still looks like the very best but taking a center with a high draft pick is pricey. Maybe he will turn out worth it but he should be gone in 1st round.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have already read through Walter Footballk C rankings. I started looking when Andrews said he was going to test the market. I don't like any of them. So who are the 3-4 guys you like?

I didn't know you were a NFL executive and proven talent evaluator. I think I will trust Grier more than you.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Humphrey would be an excellent pick. The Fins can maneuver and pick whoever they want (other than the top 2 QBs & the Fins have a potential franchise QB)
"Humphrey was solid for the Sooners in 2020. However, he has some limitations for the NFL. Humphrey is smart, and tough, plus has good technique. While he doesn't have a great skill set, he could be a solid starter"

That's kind of wishy-washy. They get paid for this? What are the "limitations?"

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="Southieinnc, post: 15706075, member:
Slater still looks like the very best but taking a center with a high draft pick is pricey. Maybe he will turn out worth it but he should be gone in 1st round.
[/QUOTE]

The Pats picked a guard in the first round. Remember Logan Mankins: I don't think they regret that pick.

It's funny. You think Slater is the only quality center in this draft.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="Southieinnc, post: 15706075, member:

The Pats picked a guard in the first round. Remember Logan Mankins: I don't think they regret that pick.

It's funny. You think Slater is the only quality center in this draft.
[/QUOTE]

Cesar Ruiz was 1st C taken and despite being taken in 1st round he has only played at RG

Fins took 4th center taken in 2020. He is now playing at guard.
It was 3rd round before the 2nd center was taken. It is hard to pick a good center. It is still an important position but hard to get right.

We have Andrews back at C and he was an UDFA. Our other recent centers were all converted guards.
I do think that Slater is the only top center in this draft. Someone else may surprise but I think that the NFL will contiue to convert linemen into good centers.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting points Southie. Converting the right OG to center is an option.
I think much of the Oline success that the Pats have had including development of talent can be attributed to Dante Scarnecchia. He was a great Oline coach; an all time great. To BB's credit he was able to keep him in the fold all those years. Lucky for the Pats Scar wasn't overly ambitious.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT Isaiah Wilson blew his chance to start over and redefine himself in his career. What a disgrace! I hope that he gets the help he needs. He must have a big problem in his life.

How about OT Sewell at #3, best available WR at #18, and best avail RB at #36?

Last edited:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT Isaiah Wilson blew his chance to start over and redefine himself in his career. What a disgrace! I hope that he gets the help he needs. He must have a big problem in his life.

If Flores can get Isaiah to grow up you won't need an OT at #3.
You could exchange your picks at 18 and 36. Hard to get a starter at WR at 18 usually. All depends on who is available.
Strong class of WR's.
This draft is going to be a crapdhoot until we see who is picked early. Most of the picks ahead of you will be glaring needs after rough free agency for a lot of teams. I bet KC would give their left nut for Sewel.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want to continue to overpay for players go for it. This goes against everything that the patsies have preached for years...
C David Andrews: Max value: 4 years, $19m (plus $2m incentives) Full guarantee: 2 years, $6.5m 2021 cash: $2.5-3m 2021 cap number: $1.75m Andrews has $6.5m guaranteed over two years, can make up to $8m if he plays in all 32 games, and can make $10m if he reaches incentives.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow! That's all I can say is WOW! Read if you havn't already.....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times in years past have the Fins "won" the offseason and lost the division? The Fins were 10 and 6 last year with one of the youngest teams. The future is bright especially with the draft picks.
The Fins are in a position to pick BPA with the picks. I would focus on the offense though.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times in years past have the Fins "won" the offseason and lost the division? The Fins were 10 and 6 last year with one of the youngest teams. The future is bright especially with the draft picks.
The Fins are in a position to pick BPA with the picks. I would focus on the offense though.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting points Southie. Converting the right OG to center is an option.
I think much of the Oline success that the Pats have had including development of talent can be attributed to Dante Scarnecchia. He was a great Oline coach; an all time great. To BB's credit he was able to keep him in the fold all those years. Lucky for the Pats Scar wasn't overly ambitious.
Here is an example of a tackle to center conversion with a lot of upside:

Chiefs had pre-draft meeting with Merrimack College OL Sam Cooper

"interest in Cooper include the New England Patriots, Miami Dolphins, New York"

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins signed DJ Fluker. He plays primarily RG and RT. He is a quality depth guy who could compete for a starting position. He is a better run blocker than a pass blocker. He was a part of the best running game in the NFL at Baltimore. Both he and center Skura played there.

It could pave the way for picking a pass catcher at 6 or with a trade down within the top 10. The Fins have created depth so that they don't have to pick an Olineman early.

The Fins could choose Harris at 18 and have an identity as a big physical run blocking Oline. The rookies from last year are capable.

The Fins could add a top pass catcher and RB Harris if they choose.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins signed DJ Fluker. He plays primarily RG and RT. He is a quality depth guy who could compete for a starting position. He is a better run blocker than a pass blocker. He was a part of the best running game in the NFL at Baltimore. Both he and center Skura played there.

It could pave the way for picking a pass catcher at 6 or with a trade down within the top 10. The Fins have created depth so that they don't have to pick an Olineman early.

The Fins could choose Harris at 18 and have an identity as a big physical run blocking Oline. The rookies from last year are capable.

The Fins could add a top pass catcher and RB Harris if they choose.
Remains to be seen that improving the O-line stops you from picking Sewell at 6 (if available)
Not saying you should, just that they are not mutually exclusive.
Fins were never going to pick a guard at 6. not even very likely at 18.....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remains to be seen that improving the O-line stops you from picking Sewell at 6 (if available)
Not saying you should, just that they are not mutually exclusive.
Fins were never going to pick a guard at 6. not even very likely at 18.....
Agreed, it doesn't rule out Sewell. It just makes it less of a necessity.