• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins News

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been mutual interest shown between the Fins and RB A. Jones. He's a great talent. If the Fins sign him then they have something else in mind for the #18 draft pick.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Releasing Van Noy or trying to trade. Is this a move to clear space for a QB signing??

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Van Ginkel made about as much of an impact with half of the snaps as Van Noy. Many of the national media don't realize how good Van Ginkel is yet. He will be able to step in right away and be a playmaker.

Van Noy would have been better off restructuring his overpriced contract. Van Noy is a well respected leader and he will be missed but I have a hunch the team will use the extra resources wisely.

I think the Fins have at least one big offseason addition in mind. It could be Watson. The Fins have a lot to offer in a trade.

If the Fins end up keeping Tua I am thinking they still have big plans in mind to improve the offense this offseason.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Van Ginkel made about as much of an impact with half of the snaps as Van Noy. Many of the national media don't realize how good Van Ginkel is yet. He will be able to step in right away and be a playmaker.

Van Noy would have been better off restructuring his overpriced contract. Van Noy is a well respected leader and he will be missed but I have a hunch the team will use the extra resources wisely.

I think the Fins have at least one big offseason addition in mind. It could be Watson. The Fins have a lot to offer in a trade.

If the Fins end up keeping Tua I am thinking they still have big plans in mind to improve the offense this offseason.
I would think if they bring in Watson or any other high profile QB that is calling for attention (Wilson, Ryan, Dak, etc) that pretty much points to wasted high draft pick AGAIN by Dolphins. I've heard there are players on team that have "bailed" on Tua, not sure if that is rumor or fact, but if he has lost some of the team, it will be a big distraction and problem.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m against that. Hopefully we can trade back to #5.
Why are you against and what is need at the 5 slot then? They can pass on Sewell at 3 and get one with top pick in second round though, looks to be value there.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question. It seems like no one is sold on tua?? Correct...that the sentiment?
What are they throwing around cost wise for him in a trade?

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you against and what is need at the 5 slot then?
Because I think Austin Jackson will turn into a good LT, and Hunt looked like a solid RT by the end of the season and shouldn’t be kicked inside to G. It doesn’t matter how great Sewell will be; We just need a solid OL.
If we have the draft pick for get a top talent, we REALLY need WRs who can create separation and be a deep threat. We don’t have 1 of those.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question. It seems like no one is sold on tua?? Correct...that the sentiment?
What are they throwing around cost wise for him in a trade?
I'm not sold or not sold, don't think I've seen enough of him to make that call an he hasn't had enough time. I really don't know if they would trade him, other than offering in a package for someone's QB. The O definitely needs more talent as well, a good WR at pick 3 would be good (Big Fin talked me out of Sewell) RB at 18 than go OL on high 2nd round pick.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold or not sold, don't think I've seen enough of him to make that call an he hasn't had enough time. I really don't know if they would trade him, other than offering in a package for someone's QB. The O definitely needs more talent as well, a good WR at pick 3 would be good (Big Fin talked me out of Sewell) RB at 18 than go OL on high 2nd round pick.
Got it , makes sense, thanks. I dont think you ever go rb round one unless its for someone like a barkley....why not sewell plug him in for a decade. The wr depth this year is craZy too

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think if they bring in Watson or any other high profile QB that is calling for attention (Wilson, Ryan, Dak, etc) that pretty much points to wasted high draft pick AGAIN by Dolphins. I've heard there are players on team that have "bailed" on Tua, not sure if that is rumor or fact, but if he has lost some of the team, it will be a big distraction and problem.

I think the expectations were not realistic for Tua so early on. It would not surprise me if he has a great 2nd season. The team's interest in Watson is more about his proven talent than Tua's lack of potential. It's a win/win add Watson and you have a top level QB. Keep Tua and you keep more resources to build the team.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RE a WR at pick 3: That's too high of a pick when there are four choices that would make the team better. Chase, Smith, Pitts or Waddle ( if healthy) Also WR is the deepest position in the draft. Not to mention there are FAs like Fuller who could create separation and make plays.

A player like Sewell has pro bowl potential. He could protect Tua's blindside at RT, Jackson is solid at LT, Hunt could move to guard where he can focus on mauling guys. Have we been impressed with Flowers at OG? The Fins would have depth to deal with injuries. Unfortunately in years past one injury and the Oline becomes mediocre at best. Unless the Fins trade for Watson, I want the team to pick Sewell at 3 or trade down

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interestingly I just read in PFF that Hunt was the 5th best RT in the last 4 weeks of the season. The team started 3 rookies so growing pains are to be expected. That said, the Fins were the 28th ranked Oline. I think there is room for improvement.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but he’s just not worth the money.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flores learned how to deal with players from Belichick. Belichick's nick name back in Cleveland was badnews Bill. He still has a reputation of being a guy who makes business decisions with players contracts.

I think that players realize it's a business. In football contracts it is all about the guaranteed money.

The Fins have one of the youngest teams in the NFL. They will have a lot of guys that will learn the system and stay with the team for awhile.

Last edited:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins have traded for OT Isaiah Wilson. He has a lot of talent and a chance to redefine his career. The addition only cost the Fins a 7th round pick. He is a former first rounder who fits the Oline mold of big and physical.

I really like this move. I am feeling a lot better about the idea of adding a WR early in the first round of the draft.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins have traded for OT Isaiah Wilson. He has a lot of talent and a chance to redefine his career. The addition only cost the Fins a 7th round pick. He is a former first rounder who fits the Oline mold of big and physical.

I really like this move. I am feeling a lot better about the idea of adding a WR early in the first round of the draft.
Buyer beware on this one. Hopefully he comes to play and wants to be part of something that could be very good for years to come. Lots of talent or a lot of headache?? Will see.