• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dolphins News

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was an erarlier report today say David Andrews at center would be signed by Dolphins.
It appeares premature.
Apparently a reporter was quoting another who was crediting back to him.
Some but not all reports are retracted.
Certain that Pats and Fins are battling this one out.....
I think the patsies may be out on Andrews as they signed Karras. Most thought Karras was the weak link but they played a lot of rookies so who knows exactly. I'd be ok with Andrews for a few years but I'm hoping they draft a good one. Otherwise seems like all AFC teams are going after each others players for better or worse! God seemed to be pretty high coming off an injury as an example.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the patsies may be out on Andrews as they signed Karras. Most thought Karras was the weak link but they played a lot of rookies so who knows exactly. I'd be ok with Andrews for a few years but I'm hoping they draft a good one. Otherwise seems like all AFC teams are going after each others players for better or worse! God seemed to be pretty high coming off an injury as an example.
Patriots may want Andrews and Karras. RAll reports of Miami signing Andrews have been walked back by reporters.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots may want Andrews and Karras. RAll reports of Miami signing Andrews have been walked back by reporters.
If they want to continue to overpay for players go for it. This goes against everything that the patsies have preached for years...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want to continue to overpay for players go for it. This goes against everything that the patsies have preached for years...
Overpaying? Still not signed.
Kyle Van Noy has signed for Pats for up to $13 million.
Much less than the $55 million Miami signede for......

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want to continue to overpay for players go for it. This goes against everything that the patsies have preached for y

That's certainly a reasonable price compared to Van Noy's last contract, and getting him back will help the Patriots defense quite a bit.

Perry: How a Van Noy return would impact the Patriots defense

Van Noy's final season for the Patriots was a great one, as the linebacker and pass rusher totaled 56 tackles and a career-high 6.5 sacks. He parlayed that into a four-year, $51 million deal with Brian Flores' Miami Dolphins and went on to post a six-sack season with six pass defenses for them.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins signed WR Will Fuller! The Fins already signed former Bama WR Foster. These guys are capable of getting separation in their route running.

Fuller is a great addition to the offense.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's certainly a reasonable price compared to Van Noy's last contract, and getting him back will help the Patriots defense quite a bit.

Perry: How a Van Noy return would impact the Patriots defense

Van Noy's final season for the Patriots was a great one, as the linebacker and pass rusher totaled 56 tackles and a career-high 6.5 sacks. He parlayed that into a four-year, $51 million deal with Brian Flores' Miami Dolphins and went on to post a six-sack season with six pass defenses for them.
I wasn't singling out Van Noy but you can't tell me that every other signing was cheap. Goes against what patsies have said for years....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins signed WR Will Fuller! The Fins already signed former Bama WR Foster. These guys are capable of getting separation in their route running.

Fuller is a great addition to the offense.

Fuller only has 1 game left on his suspension but is injury prone. Between him, Parker and Preston they should get a full season. With all of these WR’s I think they should either go Pitts or Parsons. I’d still like to trade back but would they miss out on one of them if they did?
I like the ravens center he was injured but before that he was a top center. If he comes back 100% great if not I’m hoping they draft one to groom which will probably be the case but the rookie won't be forced into action right away. Either way today was a good day.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skura is a top 5 pass blocking center. He's a good player to have with his experience. The Fins could probably use third round pick on a very good center to develop.

Fuller is exactly what this team needs. I think that the team could still add a top slot WR from the draft (unless they decide to pick Sewell) Parker and Fuller on the outside with a player like Smith or Waddle at slot WR would be very difficult to stop. Or Fins could pick Pitts for two high end TEs. The Fins have some great options.

The Fins are building excellent depth at a number of positions.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't singling out Van Noy but you can't tell me that every other signing was cheap. Goes against what patsies have said for years....
You are correct, not every signing was cheap.
Goes agains what everyboy else says about they think what Patriots said for years......
You rail about Miami Herald bad reporting then you assume that reporters know the Patriots?
Patriots don't let out a lot of infomation. Neither does your new coach. Beware of reporter bullshit!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skura’s 1-yr deal tells me we might be drafting a C early.
Not looking like a good year for centers. Only 1 good center?
Might be better to cross train a guard?
Skura will do a good job for now.....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins have some depth at guard and could train one to be a center, however, there a few good centers in this draft. If they really like one they could use a 2nd round pick. Another option is Skura for the future too. He's only 28 years old.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins have some depth at guard and could train one to be a center, however, there a few good centers in this draft. If they really like one they could use a 2nd round pick. Another option is Skura for the future too. He's only 28 years old.
Use Skura @ center. He is agood one. Train a guard so he can be a backup. 2nd tier tackles often make good centers. Either way, I'd feel better than this years draft. Only good center, Rashawn Slater will be gone in 1st round.....

who else do you feel highly about at center from the draft?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct, not every signing was cheap.
Goes agains what everyboy else says about they think what Patriots said for years......
You rail about Miami Herald bad reporting then you assume that reporters know the Patriots?
Patriots don't let out a lot of infomation. Neither does your new coach. Beware of reporter bullshit!
NE's signings set a new NFL record so no one is making this up. This slamming of Miami FA overpaying in the past has also come from a lot of your patsie buddies and I'm sure you as well I'm just too lazy to look it up. Either way smells of hypocrisy if you now defend what NE has done this year. Just crack me up.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Use Skura @ center. He is agood one. Train a guard so he can be a backup. 2nd tier tackles often make good centers. Either way, I'd feel better than this years draft. Only good center, Rashawn Slater will be gone in 1st round.....

who else do you feel highly about at center from the draft?
They've already been cross training Deiter but no one but the Fins know if he's any good. I've heard about 3-4 guys in the draft that could be good at C. Either way I think they'll be covered. Andrews was a target but apparently wanted too much so they went to plan B which I'm totally fine with as I want them to draft someone this year or next. Skura may surprise us as well his injury cost him so he needs to overcome this.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've already been cross training Deiter but no one but the Fins know if he's any good. I've heard about 3-4 guys in the draft that could be good at C. Either way I think they'll be covered. Andrews was a target but apparently wanted too much so they went to plan B which I'm totally fine with as I want them to draft someone this year or next. Skura may surprise us as well his injury cost him so he needs to overcome this.
You'll be fine with Skura but need a backup. If your backup at center is one of your starting lineman, that can be a problem.

Who are the 3-4 guys that are good at center in the draft?
I keep hearing about them but have not heard a name?????

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slater, Dickerson, Humphrey

Also keep in mind the Fins coached at the Senior bowl. They may have another center that they like from seeing the practices firsthand.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll be fine with Skura but need a backup. If your backup at center is one of your starting lineman, that can be a problem.

Who are the 3-4 guys that are good at center in the draft?
I keep hearing about them but have not heard a name?????
Deiter is already a backup so makes sense that they are grooming him. For all we know they are happy with his progress but maybe he's more of a career backup at C/G. Any of these top guys below can be drafted and learn from Skura and hopefully eventually beat him out.