• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Big Ben Ever Play Again?

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate to admit it, Ben has been just phenomenal this season. He really needed a good year, and has come out swinging and has had a great year. Got to give him respect.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate to admit it, Ben has been just phenomenal this season. He really needed a good year, and has come out swinging and has had a great year. Got to give him respect.
dance party prince GIF

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, sometimes ya have to look at the original date of the post, which I almost never do. At first when I saw the title I thought, oh shit did Ben suffer a major injury in the last couple of days? Lesson learned. :stevie:

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does a bear shit in the woods? Does a chicken have lips? Yes or No?

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hi @mrschaney :wave:

• Haha
Reactions: GNG

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't practice all week due to COVID... Only to drop 4 TDs and get named AFC player of the week... Go figure

Comeback player of the year no brainer. Could possibly get into the MVP discussion if he goes on a tear down the stretch run and the Steelers finish with 14-15 wins which is entirely doable.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comeback player of the year no brainer. Could possibly get into the MVP discussion if he goes on a tear down the stretch run and the Steelers finish with 14-15 wins which is entirely doable.
Wish the media saw it that way. Right now media circles are getting sentimental on Alex Smith for CPOY... And barely any of them seem to want to lift a finger to give Ben much credit at all for this team's success. Mostly because they want to discredit the Steelers because of a weak schedule.

For the last decade the Patriots and Tom Brady cruised through the atrocious AFC East for years with cakewalks to great records while Brady was given MVP hype every year. The Steelers are 9-0, play in one of the best divisions in football, and people are talking about a weak schedule? Still?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish the media saw it that way. Right now media circles are getting sentimental on Alex Smith for CPOY... And barely any of them seem to want to lift a finger to give Ben much credit at all for this team's success. Mostly because they want to discredit the Steelers because of a weak schedule.

For the last decade the Patriots and Tom Brady cruised through the atrocious AFC East for years with cakewalks to great records while Brady was given MVP hype every year. The Steelers are 9-0, play in one of the best divisions in football, and people are talking about a weak schedule? Still?
Yeah, the Alex Smith thing is a "feel good" story and everybody loves the guy. Truth be told though, he really has lost something with the time off and injury. I like Alex, always have respected him but he looks pretty much done to me and won't help Washington win that many games. He will likely be the guy for Washington though because they really have nothing else. The media obviously sees him as a sympathetic figure.
Conversely, Ben has always been somewhat disliked by the media and the masses. And almost always under valued. He has been a guy that's done some things that make him maybe less sypathetic and naysayers will, as usual, point to the defense and other things but damn, he is having a really solid season. Personally, I think winning a lot of games should matter in this discussion. If he plays well & wins vs, the Bills, Colts and Ravens, no way he doesn't deserve more recognition. Even 2 of those 3. The other 3 games look very winnable to me.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Alex Smith thing is a "feel good" story and everybody loves the guy. Truth be told though, he really has lost something with the time off and injury. I like Alex, always have respected him but he looks pretty much done to me and won't help Washington win that many games. He will likely be the guy for Washington though because they really have nothing else. The media obviously sees him as a sympathetic figure.
Conversely, Ben has always been somewhat disliked by the media and the masses. And almost always under valued. He has been a guy that's done some things that make him maybe less sypathetic and naysayers will, as usual, point to the defense and other things but damn, he is having a really solid season. Personally, I think winning a lot of games should matter in this discussion. If he plays well & wins vs, the Bills, Colts and Ravens, no way he doesn't deserve more recognition. Even 2 of those 3. The other 3 games look very winnable to me.
I think he's a shoe-in for CPOY, because its about how well you perform coming back from time away, and not about the severity of the injury that you're coming back from (because if that were the case why didn't Teddy Bridgewater win it last year?). I could maybe see the merit behind the debate of supporting cast, because Alex Smith really only has 2 people he can depend on. But look at how young the Steelers supporting cast is. These aren't some savvy vets that he can depend on. Plus Ben is spreading the ball around and not "depending on someone". He has 3 different receivers that have over 400 rec yds & 4+ rec TDs. Only team in the NFL that can say that. I know the stats are skewed because of starts, but still. Game by game basis... Alex Smith just doesn't stack up for me.

The MVP race just won't happen. He could go 16-0, and get to the SuperBowl and they'll still discredit him. MAYBE, just maybe he'll receive a vote or 2, but he won't win it.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True but Pats were still .800 vs the AFCN

126207621_10161788520228647_3630644132738981592_o.jpg