• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does Big Ben Ever Play Again?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Replacing Big Ben with Eli? That would be the stupidest thing ever. But it would also help the regression of the AFC and leave a potential playoff fight open for Drew Lock, so I hope the Steelers roll with that plan.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to be a real question if this isn't actually the end of the road for Ben.

Mort: Steelers' Ben Roethlisberger 'Has Some Doubt' He'll Play Again Post-Injury

Until he's actually throwing footballs again...at his age, there should be some doubt.

As a fan or moreso even the organization...once he does start throwing again and there are setbacks, or his throwing start date keeps getting pushed back...then you can officially start the countdown to retirement for Ben.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of the guy on a personal level but he's a no-brainer 1st ballot hof'er. Not like he's the only questionable character in the league. Even with that said the dude's bodies got to be completely thrashed at this point. I've never seen a guy stand so tall in the pocket while it was completely collapsing around him and still be able to deliver the ball. It's got to be time for him to just walk away before he turns into another cautionary tale of a guy playing too long.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports the Steelers are "optimistic Ben Roethlisberger will recover from elbow surgery to reattach three tendons."
Mort added that while Big Ben is not cleared to throw yet, he's tracking better and wants and expects to play in 2020 and beyond. Roethlisberger will turn 38 in March. The report comes as a calming clarification after indications that there could be some complications with the recovery of the Steelers' long-time franchise QB. Retirement will remain a constant question for as long as Big Ben continues to play.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll play again.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll play again.

OIP.HBqOSTR-a_oNzP0gVryA9wHaE7

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't question his decision if he walked away. 38 and has a whole lot of life in front of him away from football if that's what he decides.

Even if he does decide to come back, there is no doubt the Steelers are left to make some hard decisions at the QB position. Do they believe they have something with Duck or Rudolph, and if they do how do they move forward from here? If they don't believe they are the answer at the QB position, who do they go to and how? Try to grab one of the FA QBs or draft somebody they believe they can develop in the 2nd or later rounds of the draft, or both? It also raises some questions about the coaching staff they have. Do the guys they have on staff have the ability to develop a guy that isn't Burrow or Tua? Do they need to bring a guy in that can develop a player at QB? That's a lot of questions....just saying

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't question his decision if he walked away. 38 and has a whole lot of life in front of him away from football if that's what he decides.

Even if he does decide to come back, there is no doubt the Steelers are left to make some hard decisions at the QB position. Do they believe they have something with Duck or Rudolph, and if they do how do they move forward from here? If they don't believe they are the answer at the QB position, who do they go to and how? Try to grab one of the FA QBs or draft somebody they believe they can develop in the 2nd or later rounds of the draft, or both? It also raises some questions about the coaching staff they have. Do the guys they have on staff have the ability to develop a guy that isn't Burrow or Tua? Do they need to bring a guy in that can develop a player at QB? That's a lot of questions....just saying

If Ben doesn't return. They're pretty much all-in with the draft picks that they've mortgaged in trades and with their continued commitment to Tomlin. Not to mention, that elite defense's typically only have a 3-4 year window.

If the Bears have the sack to admit they were wrong and stop with the Trubisky nonsense. Them and the Steelers are probably the top candidates to bring in a Rivers or somebody like that.

I think Rivers still has a good season left in him, personally.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is remotely true, I think the Steelers should trade up in the draft. I haven't watched them this year, so they may like what they have backing up Ben, but they could fairly easily jump up and get a high end QB. It may cost them a few picks, but they have a solid team right now IMO, and probably could afford to trade a few picks for one of the top QB's in the draft.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is remotely true, I think the Steelers should trade up in the draft. I haven't watched them this year, so they may like what they have backing up Ben, but they could fairly easily jump up and get a high end QB. It may cost them a few picks, but they have a solid team right now IMO, and probably could afford to trade a few picks for one of the top QB's in the draft.

They don’t have a number one pick

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We only have 5 picks in the coming draft, there will be no trading up

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Rivers as any option other than a stopgap on a rebuilding team. I can see Ben giving it one more run but any kind of setback or injury will likely have him say to hell with it and retire. Nobody in their right mind should want Eli. Bridgewater might be worth persuing but he might not want to go there, who knows.
Have to wonder if the Steelers are looking at some other QBs in later rounds of the draft. Maybe they get lucky.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure looks like it based on this thread . Another swing and a miss.
…… by the Steelers. Huge choke job the last two weeks with the season on the line