• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does anyone think......

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give the Ravens credit today. They played the kind of game that can beat the Chiefs and just fell short.
I give them credit, too, although with the Chiefs missing 2 FGs its the type of game the Ravens should've won. I know they were on the wrong end of 2(?) 50/50 calls, too, but Mahomes pulled a couple of those TD drives out of his butt.

I think the Ravens are still a scary threat moving forward. They play defense, they're well coached, they have a good special teams unit and they can run the football.

Young QB, though.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for all the insight gentlemen....I marked this up as a loss early in the season, but when I looked at it now, I thought we had a chance if Buckwheat didn't turn the ball over....We did, and he did.....
I hate the fact that we have no deep ball with him under center so when we're fighting the clock or playing from behind, it really limits us....I think we have a chance to make a run because of the unorthodox approach we have but mostly because of the D....Certainly not our 2000 D but pretty good overall.....Hey we're only 1/2 a game behind Pitts for the Division, so pull up a chair and break out the barbecue, it's December football ya'll.......:D
you have a chance to win because of buckwheat too, his game has changed your team. It also plays clock control. Yes he is limited as a passer, but has shown improvements already. this team would be out of the race with flacco under center.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
teams have made runs with young qb's , ben made a superbowl run year 1 with a stacked d

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Lamar actually was pretty good yesterday passing. Obviously, still has to learn a lot but the kid made some really nice throws in that game. And when he ran, he was better at getting down and not taking hard hits. He's still a little rough around the edges but appears to be learning.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens outplayed the chiefs in many aspects of the game. If they continue to play like they're playing right now they got a pretty good shot at a playoff spot

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens get absolutely destroyed if they play Joe Flacco yesterday... Lot of mis-tackles on Lamar out there.

Let's give their strategy a little credit. Mucked up the game, made variance a bigger player by limiting possessions, just enough passing to not completely be a joke on dropbacks.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ravens outplayed the chiefs in many aspects of the game. If they continue to play like they're playing right now they got a pretty good shot at a playoff spot
They have a realistic shot at stealing away the AFCN from the Steelers at 9-7. Pitt could easily finish 8-7-1. A month ago, I thought Pittsburgh was a lock in that div.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep...as the 4 seed or 6 seed...the Ravens are the team that no one will want to face.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...as the 4 seed or 6 seed...the Ravens are the team that no one will want to face.

agreed. as the chiefs found out yesterday, baltimore is playing as well as any team in the league right now. Their rookie QB is not very accurate with the ball but he has inspired them somehow.

and it was just a few weeks ago everyone was calling for Harbaugh's job ....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed. as the chiefs found out yesterday, baltimore is playing as well as any team in the league right now. Their rookie QB is not very accurate with the ball but he has inspired them somehow.

and it was just a few weeks ago everyone was calling for Harbaugh's job ....

I think the hardcore anti-Harbaugh people in BAL are still anti-Harbaugh and probably will be unless they win a playoff game or get to the AFCCG.

I just like the way they go at on DEF. They don't have the most talented DEF, they have premier talent (DTs) at some positions and pretty good talent at others. In either case, they stop the run, and then line up and come after the QB and force him to make quicker decisions with the ball...that was effective in the 80s, and 90s and it's still effective today.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the hardcore anti-Harbaugh people in BAL are still anti-Harbaugh and probably will be unless they win a playoff game or get to the AFCCG.

I just like the way they go at on DEF. They don't have the most talented DEF, they have premier talent (DTs) at some positions and pretty good talent at others. In either case, they stop the run, and then line up and come after the QB and force him to make quicker decisions with the ball...that was effective in the 80s, and 90s and it's still effective today.

I watched most of that game and the Chiefs were pretty dumb to not adjust their play calling more than they did.... the Ravens were blitzing ... a LOT .... they had defenders running free, not blocked, quite a bit at mahomes, and they didn't run a ton of screens ..... the few times they did, the screens did pretty well because the Ravens were just unloading on almost every play.

i was surprised the chiefs were still trying to run so many 20 yard routes. it almost cost them the game but mahomes saved their ass.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice valiant fight today OS, I thought Ravens had it when they were up 7 late in the game, and then again when Mahomes lost it in OT, but Suggs just missed recovering it

I know Sonny, I was punching and kicking air from the couch when that happened....I don't know what it is but that's what usually happens to us when we have a tough game won late, the D lets us down....Last 2 yrs in a row kept us out of the playoffs in last game, and now again in an important game like this that we could have actually pulled off the upset and took over 1st place in our division moving up to #4 seed, they went out for pizza again and got their lunch stolen...
The only solace is that KC is smoking this yr but it still stinks....
That was a fluke yesterday for your boys too man, you guys should of won it....
You can make it up by beating Pitts for us.....:D
Merry Christmas my friend :yo:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched most of that game and the Chiefs were pretty dumb to not adjust their play calling more than they did.... the Ravens were blitzing ... a LOT .... they had defenders running free, not blocked, quite a bit at mahomes, and they didn't run a ton of screens ..... the few times they did, the screens did pretty well because the Ravens were just unloading on almost every play.

i was surprised the chiefs were still trying to run so many 20 yard routes. it almost cost them the game but mahomes saved their ass.

Good points....just saw the highlights, but my BIL the KC fan was texting me almost the play by play and he was saying they need quicker passes, screen, etc to take heat off Mahomes. It'll be interesting to see how Reid/Bieneimy call the playoff game(s). As you know it's a copycat league.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have a chance to win because of buckwheat too, his game has changed your team. It also plays clock control. Yes he is limited as a passer, but has shown improvements already. this team would be out of the race with flacco under center.

Well I agree the team has been sparked by him being in there, but I don't agree that Flacco would have them out already...Gus Edwards wasn't being used while Flacco was in there, Dixon was out injured, the oline was failing because of injuries, so you have to look at all that also....
They have already figured out how to contain Buckwheat some , and given a little more time, he better learn how to hit guys in stride over the top or he will be another flash in the pan that is overflowing with run option sensations that lasted but 1 season IMO.....
Wilson and Mahomes are a different breed and maybe the guy in Houston, but most are 1 and done...

Merry Christmas

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My understanding is that Harbs and Biscuit have already agreed to part ways at end of season and that GB, Browns and some college teams are interested in him....
I think most fans are just tired of his rhetoric and stubborn decisions, and dumb mistakes...
My guess is college and I think he will do well there....

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Sonny, I was punching and kicking air from the couch when that happened....I don't know what it is but that's what usually happens to us when we have a tough game won late, the D lets us down....Last 2 yrs in a row kept us out of the playoffs in last game, and now again in an important game like this that we could have actually pulled off the upset and took over 1st place in our division moving up to #4 seed, they went out for pizza again and got their lunch stolen...
The only solace is that KC is smoking this yr but it still stinks....
That was a fluke yesterday for your boys too man, you guys should of won it....
You can make it up by beating Pitts for us.....:D
Merry Christmas my friend :yo:

Thanks OS and to you and your family also, Merry Christmas!!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is that Harbs and Biscuit have already agreed to part ways at end of season and that GB, Browns and some college teams are interested in him....
I think most fans are just tired of his rhetoric and stubborn decisions, and dumb mistakes...
My guess is college and I think he will do well there....

Sounds a lot like Steeler fans with Mike Tomlin to be honest...lol...I think that Bill Walsh said or it was attributed to him...10 yrs is about the max at one stop in the NFL and you should be moving on.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I agree the team has been sparked by him being in there, but I don't agree that Flacco would have them out already...Gus Edwards wasn't being used while Flacco was in there, Dixon was out injured, the oline was failing because of injuries, so you have to look at all that also....
They have already figured out how to contain Buckwheat some , and given a little more time, he better learn how to hit guys in stride over the top or he will be another flash in the pan that is overflowing with run option sensations that lasted but 1 season IMO.....
Wilson and Mahomes are a different breed and maybe the guy in Houston, but most are 1 and done...

Merry Christmas

Exactly...I would add Mayfield to that list...athletic, but not run 1st QBs.

We'll have to see if Wentz, and Watson have learned anything from their injuries.

That said...I'm tipping the cap to Jackson so far...kid has been thrust into a tough spot but he's doing enough to keep them in football games.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not because I like Baltimore, but more because I like to see stuff crash back to earth, I was pulling for the Ravens.

And they had it. Smacked the phenom around hard all afternoon.

He still pulled it out but with a bit of luck for the Ravens as Sonny said, it could easily have gone south.

Seeing things he's never seen before, smacked upside the head. It was close but no cigar, especially when Jackson went down. One hit, down. Then on to Bob.

Oldschool739

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not because I like Baltimore, but more because I like to see stuff crash back to earth, I was pulling for the Ravens.

And they had it. Smacked the phenom around hard all afternoon.

He still pulled it out but with a bit of luck for the Ravens as Sonny said, it could easily have gone south.

Seeing things he's never seen before, smacked upside the head. It was close but no cigar, especially when Jackson went down. One hit, down. Then on to Bob.

The officiating was especially bad in that game too, that hit on LJ was a foul by rule...He was already wrapped up when the second guy hit him and drove him into the ground with his weight on top...
Ask GB's Clay Matthews who has been flagged several times for a less obvious foul of the same violation but, no call....It should have been 15 yrds and a first down....
But then officiating is the deciding factor in all games today, you just never know what they will key on or when from game to game.....
I was thinking how the league can fine players for fouls without flags, coaches for questioning calls that sometimes the NFL admits they got wrong...Wouldn't it be cool if teams could fine the NFL for bad officiating/ missed or wrong calls ????????